Follow

Naruto Uzumaki

Character » Naruto Uzumaki appears in 1505 issues.

Naruto Uzumaki is a hyperactive ninja of the Hidden Leaf Village and a member of Team 7, son of the Fourth Hokage and Kushina Uzumaki. Shortly after his birth, the Nine-Tailed Fox was sealed inside of him, but this was kept a secret from him for years. He has now achieved his dreams and became Konoha's Seventh Hokage. He also has a wife (Hinata) and two children (Himawari and Boruto).

Does Naruto still have his Rikudou Sennin Sage mode?

The_Dragon_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Dragon_Sin

So we all know Sasuke still has/uses his Power up received by Rikudou Sennin, but Naruto has not shown himself using it in the past two movies. If Sasuke kept his power, why wouldn't Naruto? There are a couple of ways to look at this, here are a couple of my theory's.

1. Kishimoto allowed Sasuke to keep his but not Naruto, in order to keep Sasuke close to Naruto in power.( Looking at both The Last and Boruto, Naruto has been more impressive feat wise than Sasuke. Even with PIS moments used for plot advancement and comedic relief) Naruto has only used his Beast in these movies and as I said he has been more impressive, so if he had his Rikudou Sennin Sage Mode he would be in a league of his own.
    2. Naruto just refuses to use it, If Naruto is already on top of his verse (or close to it) Maybe he doesn't feel the need to go over board, what's the fun of having a rival if you can just blow him out of the water? Naruto like Goku is the kind of person who would like to fight evenly and not go all out against a weaker foe. So Maybe Naruto still has his RSSM and just doesn't want to use it. If he can outshine his counterpart Sasuke with just the nine tails why use the other 8 tailed beast?
    3. Naruto fears that another "Madara" will arise and it's safer if the Beast are split up, that way it's harder for someone to capture all the Beast.

This is not a battle, Feats speak and so far Naruto has out-shined Sasuke in the last movies. I know this is a heated topic, but it's not a fight.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think so

The_Dragon_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Dragon_Sin

@drmagic: So you agree with part 1 or do you just think Kishi decided not to add it for no reason?

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_dragon_sin: can't say for sure but maybe kishi just didn't want to add it

The_Dragon_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drmagic: I added a 3rd one that makes sense.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he has it, I feel like he would of used it to handle the blast from momoshiki as I assume his chakra cloak gets stronger in that mode and he would have been able to tank it instead of being knocked out.

and I think momoshiki had collected the beasts, I know he took the 8 tails from bee.

Yotsmemario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First he can get the bijuu's chakra anytime he wants but he hasn't because he doesn't really need it as there wasn't any real treatsf for a long time or maybe he just forgot about it who knows. I believe he progressively stopped caring about fighting and stuff when he became a family man and later on for sure when he became hokage he probably just didn't see the point of getting their chakra and he just wants to use it on an emergency.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kgb725

@oopsen: No he didn't Bee faked it.

Naruto was seen flying in The Last so I guess he still has it. Also Hagoromo did say he had his chakra inside of him and he never said it was temporary

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I discussed this in this thread and the conclusion was no. He's had two movies to use it and also lost the arm with Sun Seal.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I say yes.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did have his flying upgrade, so he hasn't lost all his powers. It's more of a "power up for highest grade enemies", I'd say.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@princearagorn1: that's what I'm thinking. He can still fly, and that goes hand in hand with the Sennin Sage mode.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: If he didn't have it, he wouldn't be able to fly on the moon, guide his Rasenshuriken, summon Kurama outside of him to fight as another entity, reach inside Hinata to remove the thing Toneri placed in her, etc.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@highaccuser: If he didn't have it, he wouldn't be able to fly on the moon, guide his Rasenshuriken, summon Kurama outside of him to fight as another entity, reach inside Hinata to remove the thing Toneri placed in her, etc.

None of those things are necessarily Six Paths powers. Presumably he just gained more skills between EoS and The Last.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Flying definitely is. Guiding his thrown chakra shuriken is. Bee has been a Perfect Jonchuuriki for years, yet he can't "detach" Gyuuki from his body to attack independently. The only other Nonja to literally reach inside someone and put something in them was Toneri, who has So6Ps chakra due to being related to Hagaromo.

I wouldn't chalk it up to "he just got more skilled".

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Wait, Six Paths lets Naruto guide his Rasenshuriken? I don't remember that.

And yes, Naruto still has SPSM.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: He's had two movies to use it and not done so and the arm that had the Sun Seal was destroyed. Not much to say to that.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: He's had two movies to use it and not done so and the arm that had the Sun Seal was destroyed. Not much to say to that.

Who said he needed to use it in those movies? Just because you have a power doesn't mean you need to use it.

All he did was lose the sealing jutsu Hagaromo gave him. The chakra he received wasn't solely in that arm. Otherwise Sasuke would have lost his Sharinnegan, and he didn't.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj said:

@thevivas: Wait, Six Paths lets Naruto guide his Rasenshuriken? I don't remember that.

He guided it when he was fighting Toneri's henchmen when they first tried to abduct Hinata. They were all in a circle around him and he threw it and made it curve back to himself. It wasn't stated that So6Ps chakra is why he could do it, but up to that point no one in the series could guide ranged chakra attacks, so I'm chalking it up to the Sage's chakra.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Well I know about the guiding thing, I just never associated it with the Sage's chakra. I thought Naruto just became more skilled with the jutsu. I mean, IIRC, couldn't he already will his Rasenshuriken to expand/detonate even before he got SPSM? Guiding probably wouldn't be too far out of reach if he could already control it remotely to some extent.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj said:

@thevivas: Well I know about the guiding thing, I just never associated it with the Sage's chakra. I thought Naruto just became more skilled with the jutsu. I mean, IIRC, couldn't he already will his Rasenshuriken to expand/detonate even before he got SPSM? Guiding probably wouldn't be too far out of reach if he could already control it remotely to some extent.

To expand it, all he would have to do is add more chakra to it. It's kinda like how Sasuke added Lightning style chakra to one of the shuriken he threw at Itachi:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111173561/4848700-5879825998-46038.jpg

I take guiding it to be way different. But then again, that's not the only example, so yeah.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

dont want to piss off sasuke fans but naruto is stronger than him.

I agree w/ 1st option

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:
    @highaccuser said:

Who said he needed to use it in those movies? Just because you have a power doesn't mean you need to use it.

All he did was lose the sealing jutsu Hagaromo gave him. The chakra he received wasn't solely in that arm. Otherwise Sasuke would have lost his Sharinnegan, and he didn't.

It would've really helped and the world was in danger in one instance.

Which presumably was where the power came from and would fit with everything else that points to him lacking that power currently. Rinnegan is different and wouldn't have been removable.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: The world was in danger, yet he beat that villain with regular KCM..again, he doesn't need to constantly use it to prove he has it.

And I'm not talking about Sasuke's Rinnegan, but his Sharinnegan. The one he activated due to So6Ps chakra. Were Naruto to have lost his chakra mode because he lost the chakra in his arm, Sasuke should have lost his Sharinnegan for the same reason.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@highaccuser: The world was in danger, yet he beat that villain with regular KCM..again, he doesn't need to constantly use it to prove he has it.

And I'm not talking about Sasuke's Rinnegan, but his Sharinnegan. The one he activated due to So6Ps chakra. Were Naruto to have lost his chakra mode because he lost the chakra in his arm, Sasuke should have lost his Sharinnegan for the same reason.

That was Bijuu Mode and there's no reason he would've ignored a more powerful form. He's not Goku, fair fights aren't a motive.

The Sharinnegan was active by Hashirama's cells being injected into him too.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quickly comment about Sasuke. He probably developed the Rinnegan naturally for a few reasons.

1. Kabuto injected Hashirama cells into him.

2. Sage of six paths power probably helped amp Sasuke and had his Rinnegan get developed even faster.

I don't think Sasuke has access to the sage of six paths Chakra levels anymore, but he kept whatever he naturally developed thanks to Kabuto and sage of six paths.

As for Naruto, he got a lot of power ups he gets to keep. He has full 9 tails fox now, and all the tailed beasts Chakra connect to him and leak Chakra into him in addition, kurama having double the amount of Chakra after his yin yang coming together, literally has double the sage Chakra he himself can gather.

I think both of them lost their sage of six paths powers but they left the war with permanent upgrades.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheVivas

@highaccuser: Bijuu Mode is when he himself goes Kurama cloak. He just went KCM 2. And once again, he was flying fighting Toneri. Unless you wanna chalk that up to him getting more skilled, he still has the chakra.

Senju + Uchiha cells, along with being a descendant of Indra and Asura, allows a user to awaken the Rinnegan, not the Sharinnegan. He wouldn't be able to keep the upgraded version if he lost the So6Ps chakra.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I read his posts in the thread you linked. Wasn't convinced. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
    deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mega BUMP!

Still has it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.