Follow

Namora

Character » Namora appears in 327 issues.

Daughter of an Atlantean man and surface woman. The Golden Age hero Namora is cousin to Namor and, like him, is one of Marvel's first mutants. She is currently working under Jimmy Woo with the Agents of Atlas.

Namora Back-Up in Namor the First Mutant?

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rheged

I posted this news over on my Countdown to Namor the First Mutant topic on the Namor forum, but figured this was probably a better place for it. 

Some new information about the first issue! It appears there will be a back up feature in the book! Keith Garcia will be writing, I believe, stories retelling Namor's life, but from Namora's point of view! Here's the pertinent part of the article I found in the Brownsville Herald. So, we'll be getting a little extra for the extra price.

The contribution made by Garcia will be added at the end of the comic book series and will chronicle the life of Namor through the eyes of Namora, a female version of the Atlantean hero, who has had a lifelong crush on him.

"They have never been a couple," Garcia said. "They did kiss once but that was it."

Garcia’s chronicle of Namor’s life will include tales of his regular switching from superhero to super-villain. According to Garcia, Namor is a temperamental character capable of conquering a country one day and changing his mind the next to fight evil.

This is the first I've heard of this. Has anyone else more info? Like the artist?   And can I just say, I'd LOVE to see a Namora back-up as a regular part of Namor the First Mutant.  Something where she has her own adventures or fills in the 'missing years' when she got married and went to Lemuria.

kevingarcia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kevingarcia
    @Rheged:
    I responded to this on the other thread, but just to make it clear: this is not a comic back up, the newspaper article kind of misrepresented it... it's a saga file, much like the excellent one in Hawkeye and Mockingbird #1.

That said... a regular back-up starring Namora would be pretty cool.
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rheged

Thank you for clearing that up.  Still looking forward to hearing Namora's take on Namor, whether in prose or comicbook style.  And YES.  A regular feature with Namora would be great!  Will start agitating for that asap. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.