Follow

Namor

Character » Namor appears in 4964 issues.

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the ruler of undersea Atlantis. The offspring of a sea captain and an Atlantean princess, he has been both a hero and a villain to the surface world. Namor is one of Marvel's oldest published characters with his origins in the Golden Age of comics.

How strong is current Namor?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

did he get depowered? I was over on the battle board today and people seem to con side enamor much weaker than I remember him being. Apparently he can't hang with Vision or Cyborg or Wonder Woman or Aquaman.

So is he like mistier now? Low midtier? What's the deal?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@sunman: I don't know. I think people agree he is way physically stronger than Aquaman and Cyborg. Wonder woman and Vision is kind of a different situation. He's still high tier in power. In recent scans He took a really high fall with pretty much no injuries. So his durability is still up there. For strength however, there isn't much I can find in recent scans. Unless you count 2008 as ''recent''. But I still think it's the same as always.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By seastone98

He has been jobbing like crazy (which sucks cuz im 1 of da few ppl who like him) & i would honestly argue he is bellow current aquaman by a noticeable amount

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He has been jobbing like crazy (which sucks cuz im 1 of da few ppl who like him) & i would honestly argue he is bellow current aquaman by a noticeable amount

This. Namor took that fall and survived. Aquaman jumps and lands from those heights constantly. Even outside of Earth's atmosphere. It's his way of travelling on land. Plus the speed difference between Aquaman and Namor is huge. Aquaman constantly has high hypersonic feats, covering miles in a second, while Namor's last good speed feat was going 400 hundred knots or something. Not even comparable.

Plus he got decapitaded by Hyperion's heat vision. Aquaman has tanked Superman's, Martian Manhunter's and even Amazo's heat vision constantly.

But I hope Namor get's some respect in the Secret Empire tie ins. If he loses to Cap one on one, it will look very bad though.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reactor

He's been killed like, twice, in recent memory. I think he's been made into a jobber

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: agreed also namor needs 2 kick da things ass on LAND just 4 payback purposes

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@seastone98: Yeah, but he mostly needs a series, even if it's a 5 issue mini. Focused on the current state of Atlantis in the MU, after Secret Wars.

But also some good feats.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By seastone98

@comicfan11: yes its been yrs since marvel gave him a series or a sh!t about him it kinda makes me glad dat n52/rebirth took ac 2 new heights (even if im a fan of aqua b4 da n52)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very strong, he seems to be amped by sorta outside power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.