Follow

Mystique

Character » Mystique appears in 3211 issues.

True to her name, the shape shifting Mystique is an enigma. Is she a mutant terrorist determined to bring about the end of humanity, or a misguided mutant with a good heart?

Mystique's "Clothing"

Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mer-Man

Now we all know that Mystique can change into any person, including clothing. Well, let's say she went out to dinner only appearing to be wearing clothes, though she really isn't. What if the host asked if he could have her coat? Would she be able to take it off, even if it is part of her body?

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shaper

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I have no clue, lol. I don't she's like Morph where the thing she shape shifts doesn't have to be her body. I mean Morph created a Football field.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

I once saw her say that she makes these things. Like how she created a glass vial once in her own series. She also stated that she is almost always naked. I understand that she can remove a coat or shoes and so on.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gloom

I would think no, since it would seem to be rather like tearing off part of her body...?

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Desilation

thats a good question but i seriously doubt it

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Djinn

no she wouldnt be able to, when she shapeshift its her body it would be like taking her finger off but her jacket would be like ripping her skin off. just cause morph can do it which its HIS mutaion doesnt mean every shapeshifter can do it

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Super-Buster

I assumed it's kind of like Madrox and how his clothes dupe when he dupes. Maybe her clothes change whenever she changes. That would make sense except if what erik says is true then it's wrong.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Djinn

her clothes has to be touching her. in the limited series the glass she made stayed attached to her. it didnt come off. she can make all kind of extra stuff such as glassess. but all of it is part of her skin so she wouldnt be able to pull it off. and madrox is a DIFFERENT mutant with DIFFERENT powers, he actually take the cells of the clothes and make another duplicating the cells. mystique take the cells she have and turn them into something different, not make more

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By likalaruku

Isn't it the same with Mr. Sinister & Clayface? If the "clothing" was removed, would it turn to flesh? Would it weaken the body? Would it slide off the rack when the waiter's back was turned & crawl back to reform itself with the body? If she made a pair of sunglasses & you took them off, would it hurt like hell?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    shann1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shann1

To be honest, I don't think it's something covered consistently in the comics. In some versions I've seen of her she can take clothes she created off (the explanation being that for her it's just like a snake shedding skin). This seems the most realistic to me as there are many situations where she'd be forced to remove clothing in public and having that as part of her ability makes sense. However, other versions I've read where she would wear real clothes and only shape-shift her body (at least in situations where she knew ahead of time she might need to remove a part of her clothing).

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Clothing? I see no clothing
    Clothing? I see no clothing
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By info nation
    @War Killer: Mystique doesn't NEED clothing...
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By info nation
    @info nation: I'd like to add that if she could mimic a snakes ability to shed skin, but on a more advanced scale, she could make it LOOK like she's taking off a coat but in reality, she just shedding her skin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.