Follow

Mystique

Character » Mystique appears in 3217 issues.

True to her name, the shape shifting Mystique is an enigma. Is she a mutant terrorist determined to bring about the end of humanity, or a misguided mutant with a good heart?

Mystique in Wolverine #9

scottsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scottsummers

Do you think Mystique somehow blames Wolverine for Nightcrawler's death? Do you think this will end in Mystique and Wolverine sleeping together in his series?

No Caption Provided

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Umm, since when do Mystique give a shit about Nightcrawler?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DH69

lol she hasnt even mentioned a word of his death, but it would be a good reason for her to have joined that group that got wolverine sent to hell

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HexThis

No, no, no Mystique doesn't blame him for Nightcrawler's death. When she was asked by Logan's girlfriend as to why she decided to help Logan escape from Hell she responded "I have my reasons" with a look of sadness on her face. She still hates Wolverine but since Nightcrawler loved him so much it probably caused her to feel guilty over sending Wolverine to hell.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Timandm

So, does this end with them sleeping together?

Well, she's dead at the moment... Wolverine killed her... But that doesn't mean it's over yet... It's Marvel...She'll be back...  In fact, the last panel pretty much guaranteed that.  She'll be ressurected by the Hand, then she and Wolverine will have another free for all (fight I mean), and after that maybe they'll sleep together again.

zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zerophyte
    @Timandm said:
    So, does this end with them sleeping together?  Well, she's dead at the moment... Wolverine killed her... But that doesn't mean it's over yet... It's Marvel...She'll be back...  In fact, the last panel pretty much guaranteed that.  She'll be ressurected by the Hand, then she and Wolverine will have another free for all (fight I mean), and after that maybe they'll sleep together again.
    I sure hope you are right.. That she will be back..
    ComicVine already lists her as " Died: Wolverine #9 "  :( 
    I know she has supposedly been dead before, or believed to be dead.. But isn't Marvel sticking by a new permanent death policy now?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By iLLituracy

Wolverine killed her in issue #9. At the end her body is sold off to a bunch of ninja that look like they're from the Hand, so I highly doubt she'll be gone forever. She'll come back, most likely as a ninja. 

zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zerophyte

What do you think the Hand will do to her??
    Resurrect and brainwash her?
     EDIT:
    And is she really dead in that coffin?(she could be playing possum?) Isn't she known to be able to shift/move vital organs in her body to avoid fatal attacks? Heck, in Issue # 9 of Wolverine; she was shot several times, even had a bullet lodged in her that blew up remotely. Then Wolverine came from behind and impaled her(clearly could have been through the heart etc.) and she still lived from that, and then right at the end.. not too sure how Wolverine killed her, but im sure it was just another claw swipe, unless it was impalement again from the front.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Timandm
    @zerophyte said:
    What do you think the Hand will do to her?? Resurrect and brainwash her?  EDIT:And is she really dead in that coffin?(she could be playing possum?) Isn't she known to be able to shift/move vital organs in her body to avoid fatal attacks? Heck, in Issue # 9 of Wolverine; she was shot several times, even had a bullet lodged in her that blew up remotely. Then Wolverine came from behind and impaled her(clearly could have been through the heart etc.) and she still lived from that, and then right at the end.. not too sure how Wolverine killed her, but im sure it was just another claw swipe, unless it was impalement again from the front.
    It's funny you should ask...

With Marvel, characters come back from the dead all the time.  It's actually easier to make a list of characters that have died and STAYED dead then a list of characters who have died and come back...

Also, you mention that she could move vital organs and what not, and that she could play possum...  There's probably a hundred more ways to for her to not actually be dead... When Marvel wants to bring a character back from the dead they WILL do exactly that... The mechanism by which they bring the dead back, really doesn't matter...  Think about the ways they've brought people back from the dead before:

- It wasn't me, it was a clone... (Magneto, Jean Grey, probably others...)
    - The body was switched with a fake at the instant of death... it was then healed back to full health... and probably brainwashed. (Captain America)
    - One of the cosmic abstracts brought me back to be used  as... (Gravity for example.)
    - I just happen to wake up in the negative zone and then found prison 42.  (Captain Mar'vell)
    - Magic spell.  (Doug Ramsey and a bunch of mutants)
    - My brother altered reality and here I am again...again... (Psylocke)

There are so many it's hard to keep track...

Now, about Mystique (Raven), at this point, I'd say she's actually dead.  Logan didn't cut her head off but he should have just to make sure... But she was already badly hurt before he finished her off...  It did not appear that anyone had done a full autopsy on her, but her body had been checked by wolverine and a number of bad guys...

However, it looked as if "The Hand" was buying her body...  The Hand brings people back from the dead ALL THE TIME.  I 'think' most of her ninjas are resurrected dead.  By no means have we seen the last of Mystique.... Like iLLituracy said, Mystique will be back and she'll be a ninja...
    zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zerophyte

You do make a very valid comment, and it was a good read too.
     Question I'm pondering is; will Mystique retain her essence(herself, soul etc...) and mutant powers once she is possibly resurrected as a ninja by The Hand? Or will she just be some mindless zombie/drone that will grow boring fast.

And who is currently the leader or a member of The Hand?? Isn't it Elektra and or DareDevil??
    Sorry, I'm way behind on DD and Elektra storylines and just don't actively follow them.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

Mystique died? Huh... Thought I would've heard that already. 0_o

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.