Follow

Mysterio

Character » Mysterio appears in 737 issues.

Mysterio was a formidable foe to Spider-Man. So much so that his arts of illusion were carried on by others after the original Mysterio's death. The original Mysterio, Quentin Beck, has recently returned. The events behind his resurrection are currently shrouded in mystery.

Should Beck return as Mysterio?

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

See title.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Why bother.He coulnd't beat Spidey before...Spidey has gotten stronger since then.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I hate Mysterio.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Yes! Beck should definitely rejoin the land of the living.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Beck is, and has always been, the true Mysterio. Klum was a hack, and Berkhert was a second-stringer. Quentin Beck was a normal human, or as normal as you can be while dressing in spandex and a fishbowl, but he could play with the big boys. With a good writer, Beck could prove a far more formidable opponent than many.

And so I loose the cry: BRING BECK BACK!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"I hate Mysterio."

Agreed.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Vance Astro says:

"Why bother.He coulnd't beat Spidey before...Spidey has gotten stronger since then."

I suppose we should also get rid of Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, and Kingpin. After all, they never killed Spidey, so lets scxrap 40 years of comics and make a brand new gallery of SPider-Man villains.

Very few of Spider-Man's villains have beaten him more than once (which Mysterio HAS done). An arguement based solely on a ridiculous power-up is a middle finger to all long-time SPidey fans, and even to fans of the older stories (regardless of age).

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Vance Astro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "I hate Mysterio."
    Agreed."

If you hate Mysterio so much, why are you browsing in the Mysterio topics? Seems like a waste of time if you ask me.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By NiteFly

Quentin_Beck says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "I hate Mysterio."
    Agreed."

If you hate Mysterio so much, why are you browsing in the Mysterio topics? Seems like a waste of time if you ask me."

It's called trolling. You'll get used to it.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shaper

He'll probably came back. Remember they went backwards on all of Spider-man history. So, I'm guessing he never shot himself.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Shaper says:

"He'll probably came back. Remember they went backwards on all of Spider-man history. So, I'm guessing he never shot himself."

But he shot his brains out in Dardevil, as the current Spider was a clone. If EVERYTHING since the marriage has been wiped clean, Mysterio MIGHT not have died, but I am worried that the writers will argue that bringing back Mysterio (Quentin Beck) would be too complicated. For one, Karen Page would not have died were it not for Beck.

Regardless, I hope Beck comes back one way or another. I'd obviously prefer him to be alive when he comes back, but I'm not to picky if it means my all time favorite comic book character is back in action.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shaper

Beck only killed himself in daredevil comics because he had no vendetta against Ben reilly who was the spider-man around that time. Which mean no Ben, no Mysterio killing himself.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Quentin_Beck

But he was still dying from lung cancer and a brain tumor. He wanted to avenge himself on Spidey, and would have if he were given the chance. Besides, he left a lasting impression in Daredevil comics.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love Beck to come back, but I don't think it would be easy to do so. It would involve some degree of work that the writers might think would be worth the trouble.

Of course, I might be complicating matters. It might be a bit of a "cop-out" but Quentin could just appear again. If Spidey himself shows no surprise, then the readers might be able accept his return without question.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "I hate Mysterio."
    Agreed."
    If you hate Mysterio so much, why are you browsing in the Mysterio topics? Seems like a waste of time if you ask me."

If you talking to me.I wasn't browsing in his topics.The first page in the forum displays all the threads that are currently being posted in.Mysterio sucks.So if you want to talk about wasting time,that is the closest thing to what your doing.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quentin_Beck

You still took the time to post in a support thread of a character you hate. Seems like a waste of time to me.
    Post Edited:2008-03-06 23:27:10

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"You still took the time to post in a support thread of a character you hate. Seems like a waste of time to me.
    Post Edited:2008-03-06 23:27:10"

It's not a waste of time it boost my post count.It takes 5 seconds to make a post.I waste at least 5 seconds everyday doing nothing.Might as well make a meaningless post in a meaningless thread.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Vance Astro says:

"Quentin_Beck says:
    "You still took the time to post in a support thread of a character you hate. Seems like a waste of time to me.
    It's not a waste of time it boost my post count.It takes 5 seconds to make a post.I waste at least 5 seconds everyday doing nothing.Might as well make a meaningless post in a meaningless thread."
    But this is not a meaningless thread to those of us who like the character of Mysterio. On the one hand, you could go to another thread and make meaningless 5-second posts there, or you could just stop wasting your time. Either way would we, the few fans of Mysterio, need not be taunted by someone who doesn't care enough to post more than 3 sentences.
    Post Edited:2008-03-07 14:25:24
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Quentin_Beck says:
    It's not a waste of time it boost my post count.It takes 5 seconds to make a post.I waste at least 5 seconds everyday doing nothing.Might as well make a meaningless post in a meaningless thread."

But this is not a meaningless thread to those of us who like the character of Mysterio. On the one hand, you could go to another thread and make meaningless 5-second posts there, or you could just stop wasting your time. Either way would we, the few fans of Mysterio, need not be taunted by someone who doesn't care enough to post 3 sentences.

"

blah blah blah.Keep raising my post count.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Quentin_Beck

And you keep raising mine. Oh, by the way, very well thought out post. I'm impressed by your linguistic skills.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"And you keep raising mine. Oh, by the way, very well thought out post. I'm impressed by your linguistic skills."

i'm not trying to impress you but your failing to insult.Your a Myysterio fanboy and nobody cares about him.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Quentin_Beck says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Why bother.He coulnd't beat Spidey before...Spidey has gotten stronger since then."
    I suppose we should also get rid of Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, and Kingpin. After all, they never killed Spidey, so lets scxrap 40 years of comics and make a brand new gallery of SPider-Man villains. Very few of Spider-Man's villains have beaten him more than once (which Mysterio HAS done). An arguement based solely on a ridiculous power-up is a middle finger to all long-time SPidey fans, and even to fans of the older stories (regardless of age)."

Did you read "The Other"? That was a great story arc along with some really good animation. I don't understand how you can sit back and say it was ridiculous and is a middle finger to long-time Spider-Man fans. All the fans I know loved that arc and it's still a top arc even though it was retconned.

Terry Handson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Terry Handson

if he took that damn fish bowl off his head maybe he'd actually beat spidey

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"Vance Astro says:

I suppose we should also get rid of Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, and Kingpin. After all, they never killed Spidey, so lets scxrap 40 years of comics and make a brand new gallery of SPider-Man villains.

Very few of Spider-Man's villains have beaten him more than once (which Mysterio HAS done). An arguement based solely on a ridiculous power-up is a middle finger to all long-time SPidey fans, and even to fans of the older stories (regardless of age)."

Sure why not.Spidey's villians except for Morlun are cannon fodder.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Vance Astro says:

"Quentin_Beck says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    I suppose we should also get rid of Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, Electro, Shocker, Chameleon, and Kingpin. After all, they never killed Spidey, so lets scxrap 40 years of comics and make a brand new gallery of SPider-Man villains. Very few of Spider-Man's villains have beaten him more than once (which Mysterio HAS done). An arguement based solely on a ridiculous power-up is a middle finger to all long-time SPidey fans, and even to fans of the older stories (regardless of age)."
    Sure why not.Spidey's villians except for Morlun are cannon fodder."

Because Spider-Man villains are interesting with just more interesting things about them. Quick Question, who IS that in your AV?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Quentin_Beck says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    Sure why not.Spidey's villians except for Morlun are cannon fodder."

Because Spider-Man villains are interesting with just more interesting things about them. Quick Question, who IS that in your AV?"

I don't know..some asian lol.Btw I find most Spidey villians alot more interesting than Beck.The problem is they are mostly too weak for him.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Vance Astro says:

"I don't know..some asian lol.Btw I find most Spidey villians alot more interesting than Beck.The problem is they are mostly too weak for him."

LoL, well damn she's hot. If only I had her number...

Anyway, in certain fields, they're too weak for him, but by their over exaggeration in other fields like strength, speed, intelligence or something else, it shows something about Spider-Man. It shows how he posesses so much inginuity by either using the environment against his foes, or using their own powers against them (I.E. Electro, Dr. Octopus) Although I won't deny it, I'd love to see tougher foes for the wall crawler along with Morlun's return.

Machival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Machival

I totally reckon that Beck should return as a result of the gay ass one more day arc. It should be used as an excuse for all kinds of returns.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Machival says:

"I totally reckon that Beck should return as a result of the gay ass one more day arc. It should be used as an excuse for all kinds of returns."

Nah, I don't think so. Even though One More Day was complete and utter bullshit, (I loved the artwork though) I don't want Mysterio returning. Spider-Man is busy giving us a billion new guys to add to his roster of rogues, not to mention the already impressive crew of Venom, Morlun, Shathra, Scorpion (who needs to be in a movie) Lizard and others. I'm not much of a Beck fan because he's just like "eh" to me.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"The new villains are childish rip-offs of old characters. They symbiotes are overdone. They could have had potential, but comic writers threw them in as many storylines as they could.Morlun and Shathra are mediocre at best.The only really good bad guys are pre-1975. I'm not saying good STORYLINES haven't been made since then, but the classics are the best."

Nobody likes Mysterio..get over it.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Quentin_Beck

The new villains are childish rip-offs of old characters. They symbiotes are overdone. They could have had potential, but comic writers threw them in as many storylines as they could.

Morlun and Shathra are mediocre at best.

The only really good bad guys are pre-1975. I'm not saying good STORYLINES haven't been made since then, but the classics are the best.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Slinger says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Quentin_Beck says:
    "The new villains are childish rip-offs of old characters. They symbiotes are overdone. They could have had potential, but comic writers threw them in as many storylines as they could.Morlun and Shathra are mediocre at best.The only really good bad guys are pre-1975. I'm not saying good STORYLINES haven't been made since then, but the classics are the best."

Nobody likes Mysterio..get over it."

Mysterio is awesome, you are wrong. I like him."

When I said Nobody I mean't collectively.He has to be one of the lamest villians ever.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Slinger

Vance Astro says:

"Quentin_Beck says:

Mysterio is awesome, you are wrong. I like him.

Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Just because you [Vance Astro] and a couple of other "loud" members claim that Mysterio is lame, does not mean he is. There a quite a lot of people who like Mysterio. I like him, and you coming on and saying that you don't is not going to change that.

As far as I am concerned, the good Spiey-villains are as follows:

Chameleon

Vulture

Doc Ock

Sandman

Lizard

Electro

Mysterio

Green Goblin

Kraven the Hunter

Shocker

Rhino

Kingpin

I'm not trying to convince people that Mysterio is the coolest Spider-Man villain. I think he is, but that doesn't mean you have to like him. It's all a matter of opinion.

However, you are trying to make it out like everyone hates him and that I'm a stubborn moron for thinking he's a cool villain. Everyone does not hate him. I'm not a moron(stubborn, yes, but not a moron).

Get. Over. It.
    Post Edited:2008-04-26 20:11:17

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Quentin_Beck says:

"Stilt Man. Big Wheel. Circus of Crime. Venom. Carnage. Grizzly. Gibbon. Kangaroo. Rocket Racer. Just to name a few. Just because you [Vance Astro] and a couple of other "loud" members claim that Mysterio is lame, does not mean he is. There a quite a lot of people who like Mysterio. I like him, and you coming on and saying that you don't is not going to change that. Get. Over. It."
    Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Bookman
    Slinger said:
    "

Vance Astro says:

"Quentin_Beck says:

Mysterio is awesome, you are wrong. I like him.

"

I like him too.
    whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By whirlwind6

Quentin Beck should return.  As far as I'm concerned, he IS Mysterio!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Mysterio is worthless.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Beck is is the only good Mysterio and should return!

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iLLituracy

The only Mysterio story I really remember was the one he died in. Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil.

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Beck is the best Mysterio by far, but I liked guys like Berkhart for their innovation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.