Mr. Sinister and the movies

queenneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By queenneo

Hello, everyone, I know it has been a while. I was wondering, I went on wikipedia, not sure how much of that is true, but they were saying they might make a Gambit movie. Do you think Mr. Sinister will be in there, or do you think they should do an X-men Origins movie on him. They are suppose to be doing one on Magneto. What do you think?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Magneto origins was canceled.

queenneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By queenneo

Sorry, I did not mean what do you think about the X-men Origins Magneto. I meant what if they make an X-men Origins Gambit, do you think they will or should include Mr. Sinister?
queenneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By queenneo

@Edamame, I don't know, you know how movies can be, they might leave out people, or certain stuff.
Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Tainted-Cell

Here comes the rant, and after I'm done, you might conclude that Mr. Sinister is suddenly the most overrated X-Men villain here....

In X2: X-Men United, the writers and producers worked to implement God Loves, Man Kills into Wolverine's origin story, as the first film had reasoned that Wolverine would find his answers in the sequel. In doing so, they made William Stryker into a military scientist who never once mentions "God" throughout his screen time. Not only is he not depicted as religious, or a people person, but he is given the role of "the Professor" from Weapon X (even inadvertently stated when he opens the door to Cerebro, and the computer says: "welcome, Professor" to which he smiles gleefully). He is not only rewritten, however, to be the one who gave Wolverine his adamantium, but he also has a collection of mutant experiments going on, both old and new, during the events of X2. This greatly disturbed me, but I didn't think they would elaborate upon it considering he dies at the end with Wolverine getting his closure, so I was still able to enjoy the movie.

Then we have X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where Stryker is further rewritten to be in charge of the Weapon X program, the man who collected DNA samples from various mutants to create Deadpool, and of course, he is personally responsible for James' memory loss. This role should have been given to Nathaniel Essex, no questions asked.  And it would have been perfect.

Think about it. You keep the DNA sampling intact. Gambit is still there in the picture as a survivor of the program. And instead, instead of "pooling" all these mutant abilities into Wade Wilson, you have the sadistic scientist using HIMSELF as the host.... Mr. Sinister. Hell, you could have kept Stryker there for continuity purposes.... he couldn't have done it all by himself. And then, in place of a retarded team-up with Wolverine and Sabretooth, you could have Gambit and Wolverine.... and maybe even Cyclops (and man, wouldn't that account for much if Sinister was involved in his kidnapping.... at a school...), go up against Mr. Sinister. Would we have a better movie, probably not, but at least it would make some sense.

What I'm worried is that if we eventually do see Mr. Sinister, instead of having all these powers from his experiments on himself, he'll have the Emma treatment, or worse.

Goodchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Goodchild

Well we did see his name in X2, but the only problem with him in any X movie is that they need to have apocalypse in it aswell

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.