Follow

Mr. Miracle

Character » Mr. Miracle appears in 920 issues.

The son of Highfather, Scott Free was traded as an infant for Darkseid's child, Orion, to end the war between the New Gods of Apokolips and New Genesis. Scott later fled to Earth where he took on the mantle of Mister Miracle, and is considered the greatest escape artist in the universe. He is the husband of former Female Fury, Big Barda.

What is Mister Miracle's Powers?

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By micahparadise

I always loved EVERYTHING about Mister Miracle! His costume design, the fact that hsi wife was Big Barda and was physically superior to him, his new god heritage and his aero disks. But the thing i dont think has been defined was his new god abilties.

I know he has the anti-life equation but would it be a good assumption if we were to try and define his ability as a super strategists ? The only character i found that would seem to have a similar ability woudl be Karnak of the inhuman royal family.Mister Miracle's mind seems to function almost like how Karnak of the Inhumans does but more so with escaping. (Karnak is able to identify weakness in strategies and objects.)

If this is the case, then is this his new god power or is he just good at "exscapology?"

Can any Mister Miracle scholars help me out and post scans of him utilizing this ability please?

No Caption Provided

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By hart7668

I would also love some clarification on this. Would being a New God in and of itself grant him some form of super strength and other such abilities?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By lightsout

@hart7668: I would have to think so.

Count me in on this. My guess is that it's just a gimmick gifted by writers that they never really delve deep into. Technically some of the other well-rounded smart guys should be able to devise (& therefore know ways around) traps, but it's more fun if there's a guy who has that as his specialty (makes it not-so-easy for other characters - they have to call in Mr M rather than do it themselves, etc).

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

I would also love some clarification on this. Would being a New God in and of itself grant him some form of super strength and other such abilities?

Yes, as a new god he is a multi-tonner IIRC, along with several other things. He actually does not use his god power, and gave it up the one time he did use it. So he is simply really skilled in universe, even though as the God of Freedom/Escape/What-have-you he should have literally unstoppable escape skills.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here is an explanation of Mister Miracles powers by @heraldofganthet:

Mr Miracle's birthright is called the Alpha Effect. As the Fourth World God of Freedom/escaping, this is his ability to never be contained longer than he chooses to be (submission holds, chains, sealed boxes of insane durability, force fields, etc..). Combined with his superhuman speed (with or without his Aero-Disks), superhuman strength (I believe that Scott is Class 30-40), indestructible body armor with his Mother Box integrated into it (which according to the OP, would be deactivated), it keeps his every atom free from outside malicious influence. Including the Omega Effect itself. I don't think Zuras himself could overcome that, since no one in the DCU has ever been able to.

To say nothing of him possessing the Anti-Life Equation....

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blackdog2009
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

The New Gods aren't really gods in the regular respect of having powers over particular things. It's not like Thor with control of the weather, for instance.

Mister Miracle is a god of the concept of escape, and therefore freedom. He has enhanced New God, physiology, of course, putting him in the tens of tons range (though he rarely uses this), but his main power is that you simply can't keep him locked up. If it would be physically impossible for him to escape, he'll escape anyway by redefining what is possible. His equipment is New Gods tech, but it's beyond the comprehension of what any human could possibly create, not to mention that only Scott could use it as well as he does, because it's in his nature to use it so well.

And he has the greatest Will of anyone in comics, there's that too.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

BB

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micahparadise: @billy_batson:

This is one of my favorite scans of all time. Thank you for posting it, mon ami. Scott Free...like a baus!!

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sinestro_GL

@cooldes said:

@billy_batson: what's going on with the sun?

That's not the Sun.

Orion was able to see that Scott was in the possession of the anti-life equation. Orion was able to sense it as he had previously wielded it - which is represented by the glyphs you see above Scott's head.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sinestro_gl: thanks :) idr read DC whatsoever...

if he can escape anything, what happens if he's dumped into the speed force?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: he'll get out if it. It's what he does.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson Thanks for the scans!!! What book and issue is this scan from?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sinestro_GL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.