Follow

Moonstone

Character » Moonstone appears in 853 issues.

Dr. Karla Sofen is a founding member of the Thunderbolts and former member of the Masters of Evil. She has flirted with both sides of the law in Norman Osborn's Avengers as Ms. Marvel. She's a control freak with nearly limitless power granted her by moonstones, hence her codename.

Moonstone solo series? (SPOILER ALERT)

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

(SPOILER ALERT...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)....eh..whatever

It appears that Carol Danvers is going to "kick the bucket" in issue #37 and Moonstone will be taking over.

Brian Reed
    "There will still be a Ms. Marvel comic book and the numbering will continue forward. But Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, is the new lead character. In Issue #37, we see the baton passed."

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010922-Ms-Marvel-Reed.html
    Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lady Tlieso
    Jumps up and down like an idiot cause she's so happy.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really like Ms. Marvel but Moonstone is amazing.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

I never liked Carol, Yay for Karla!

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Slinger

Never liked Carol, and I HATE Moonstone! But I think I'm supposed to, so that means I like her? She confuses me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.) Eh, who cares. Moonstone ROCKS!!!!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By DMC
    King Hyperion said:
    "Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.)"
    I was waiting for your opinion

After reading people's comments on Newsarama  I believe she isn't going to die, but fake her death somehow and go undercover to accomplish her goal of killing Osborn. From the preview of Ms Marvel #35 she's already changed her name.....Catherine I believe. As some of the Newsarama comments said, why would they tell us she's going to die long before issue #37 comes out? Reed's just trying to get us talking and hopefully take some interest with what's happening with her. As someone posted (on Newsarama) maybe she'll team up with Songbird.....that would be cool.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized

Plus Maria Hill alluded to Osborn's eventual down fall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

DMC said:
    "King Hyperion said:
    "Well...time to add another comic to the old Pull List. God, Dark Reign is the best thing to happen to Non-Cosmic Marvel in a long, LONG time. Moonstone as Ms. Marvel forever!!!!! So wait...does this mean Carol is gonna go back to being Warbird or is Brian Reed killing her off for good? Either way is fine but in the Newsarama interview it sounds as if Reed is ending Carol's life for good, well it's not as if it was a good life to begin with. I mean there was The Marcus Immortus fiasco, the Rogue incident, her numerous bouts with Alcholism and her becoming a collasal #$%@^ after siding with Tony's "Corporate Muppet Babies" (as Clint Barton so eloquently put it.)"
    I was waiting for your opinion

After reading people's comments on Newsarama  I believe she isn't going to die, but fake her death somehow and go undercover to accomplish her goal of killing Osborn. From the preview of Ms Marvel #35 she's already changed her name.....Catherine I believe. As some of the Newsarama comments said, why would they tell us she's going to die long before issue #37 comes out? Reed's just trying to get us talking and hopefully take some interest with what's happening with her. As someone posted (on Newsarama) maybe she'll team up with Songbird.....that would be cool."
    Oh that would be interesting. Songbird/Warbird: BIRDS OF PREY (wait...ah well Marvel and DC can battle it out in the courts I am just going with what I got): Two superpowered femme fatals with the word bird (Have you hear about the Word? Everybody's heard about the Word! Bird, Bird, Bird, Bird is the Word!) in their names try to take down Norman "Iron Patriot" Osborn with some occasional help from guest stars like Captain Universe, Forbush Man, RULK, Anti-Venom, Nextwave, She-Hulk and her Lady Liberators as well as the famed Nova Centurion: Ego the Living Planet. Oh God, could you imagine a series like that? It would be FANTASTIC!! Ahem...sorry...got a little sidetracked...it happens sometimes. Anyways, here's hoping Moonstone: The Series becomes a reality! (Which we know it will)
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Lifeguard85

Sounds great, another comic for me to buy. I never cared for Carol much, but I doubt she will really die, or stay "dead". It will be interesting to see how long Karla lasts as Ms. Marvel. Cant wait to read it!

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By themaskedhero

I'd really love it if the effects of Dark Reign were felt for a long time and that stuff like Moonstone being Ms. Marvel last for a long while.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Legacy_

Carol doesn't die she changes her alias and goes underground with the New Avengers

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

Wil she be changing her outfit?

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Legacy_
    pixelized said:
    "Wil she be changing her outfit?
    "

Who Carol??
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

yes.

Katanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Katanna
    pixelized said:
    "yes."

Nope

Well now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?
    Captain Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Captain Planet

Gimme some of that sweet Moonstone!!!!!!!

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SUNMAN
    Katanna said:
    "pixelized said:
    "yes."
    NopeWell now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?"
    she ain't dead
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Legacy_
    SUNMAN said:
    "Katanna said:
    "pixelized said:
    "yes."
    NopeWell now that Carol is "dead", how will Bendis take her off the New Avenger team or he going to say "she's alive"?"
    she ain't dead
    "
    But her on New Avengers will ruin Brian Reed's storyline
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

"aint"

really?
    is that how we speak?
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Tmul501

If Carol is removed from the New Avengers roster who are they going to replace her with in regards to ability? She's one of the more powerful members on the team and one of the few that can fly (spider-woman can fly now, right?).

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized

she can.

Avatar image for aerika_harkness
    Aerika Harkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aerika Harkness

If some act occurs where Carol is going to actually die, I hope that they will let Rogue drain her for about a month so that she can get her old, cool powers back without losing them, yet again.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

you're about a month too late

Avatar image for aerika_harkness
    Aerika Harkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aerika Harkness
    pixelized said:
    "you're about a month too late"
    Aerika Harkness said:
    "If some act occurs where Carol is going to actually die, I hope that they will let Rogue drain her for about a month so that she can get her old, cool powers back without losing them, yet again. "
    It wasn't that I didn't know.  It was more wishful thinking for a totally butchered character's power levels. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.