Would this be a cool upgrade for Moon Knight.

#1 Posted by sevennames27 (1589 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by sevennames27 (1589 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight X

In one of the many alternate realities almost the same as “616”, the only difference was that Moon Knight lost his powers and began to take MGH to make up for it. (The MGH had the unforeseen side affect of curing his Multiple-personality Disorder making the Moon Knight persona dominant.) But he did not stop there he traveled to Wakanda were he stole a large amount of Vibranium. Black Panther very much the same as his “616” counter part and could not allow this to go unpunished.

Powers

Avian Physiology: Moon Knight X’s MGH enhanced physiology is similar to that of birds in the sense that he has hollow bones and has a greater proportional muscle mass than a normal human of the same body weight and almost no body fat. Like an Owl, he is also able to rotate his head to a 180 degree angle.

Gliding: Moon Knight X’s primary power is a low level gliding ability that allows him to travel, unaided, through the air for an extended period of time. He must leap from at least a height of at least 20 feet and cannot simply float into the air from the ground. Moon Knight X also has a low level psionic power that he uses to help levitate himself while gliding, allowing him to stay aloft for longer periods of time if required.

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Moon Knight X’s sense of sight is considerably greater than that of an ordinary human. He is capable of seeing much farther, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity in near-total darkness. He is also capable of moving one eye independently of the other. His sense of hearing is similarly enhanced, allowing him to both hear sounds ordinary humans can't and sounds that they can but at much greater distances.

Superhuman Strength: Through a combination of the MGH and regular intensive exercise Moon Knight X has achieving some degree of superhuman strength. As of now, he is capable of lifting about 2,000 lbs with great effort.

Superhuman Stamina: Much like his natural strength, Moon Knight X has achieved superhuman levels of stamina through intensive regular exercise. However, his musculature still produces much less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of most normal humans. He can exert himself physically, including gliding through the air, at peak capacity for about three hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Superhuman Durability: Though far from invulnerable, Moon Knight X’s body was somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than the body of an ordinary human. He could withstand great impacts and blunt force trauma, such as being punched and kicked by Spider-Man, without injury.

Superhuman Agility: Moon Knight X’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits.

Superhuman Reflexes: Moon Knight X’s reflexes and reaction time were enhanced to levels that were beyond the human body's natural limits.

Abilities

Expert Pilot: Moon Knight X is an excellent pilot and aviator due to his years as soldier and mercenary.

Skilled Detective: Moon Knight X is a good detective with broad knowledge and understanding of the criminal underworld. He also knows many of the streets of very well due to being a cab driver in the alias of Jake Lockley.

Interrogation Expert: Moon Knight X is an expert at interrogation often employing law-enforcement methods and torture.

Expert Marksman: Moon Knight X is capable of hurling all types of projectiles with great aim and pin point accuracy as well as an excellent sharpshooter.

Weapons Master: Moon Knight X is adept with nearly every weapon ever invented ranging from swords, sticks, chains, projectiles.

Master Martial Artist: Moon Knight X is a former heavyweight boxing champion who underwent intense training as a commando, intelligence operative, and mercenary. He is skilled in many forms of combat and martial arts (Eastern and Western) including Boxing, Savate, Judo, and Kung-Fu.

Equipment

Vibranium Glider Cloak: Although Moon Knight X cannot fly, he can spread his cloak and combined with his gliding ability allows him to travel, unaided, through the air for an extended period of time. Greatly slow his descent from great heights and aid him in steering his glide.

Vibranium Micro Weave Mesh Costume: The micro weave robs incoming objects of their momentum; bullets do not ricochet off but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave. Likewise, the Moon Knight X cannot be stabbed, or cut, also is protected from all vibrations and kinetic energy it comes in contact with. The costume negates most force directed against it and robs moving objects of kinetic energy. This keeps him protected from most attacks.

Energy-Dampening Boots: Energy regulators create varying fields from the Vibranium in the molded soles of the boots, enabling Moon Knight X to survive a fall of several stories and land like a cat. Given enough momentum, Moon Knight X can also scale walls or skim across water. The field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects.

Transportation

Moon Knight X's Helicopter, formerly Avengers Quinjet.

Weapons

Vibranium Crescent Darts: These symmetrical throwing blades function as "calling cards" as well as weapons. Spector keeps a dozen of them in protective holsters spaced around his belt.

Vibranium Truncheon: This ingenious device functions as a simple club, nunchaku, and a grappling hook. By itself, it can be wielded as a blunt instrument or thrown. It separates into two shorter clubs (linked by a chain) to entangle a weapon or limb, or to lengthen the club's arc of travel and thus its force. The hook springs forth from one end and, with a cable attached, allows Moon Knight to climb to, descend from, or swing around a fixed point. It weighs 12 pounds (5.5 kg) and is 12 inches (30 cm) long. When not in use, it fits into a holster on his left calf. Later improvements include upgrading the stainless steel to adamantium, incorporating the cable with the hook, and adding the option to extend to 8 feet (242 cm) long.

Silver Cestus: On his first mission as Moon Knight (bringing in the werewolf for the Committee), Spector wore two silver cesti on his arms.

Other Weapons: Anti-Metal Scarab Darts, Vibranium Boomerang, Vibranium Grappling hook / lariat, Vibranium Bola, Vibranium San-Setsu-Kon (three-piece staff), and a Vibranium Truncheon with built-in Taser.    

#3 Posted by yodagod (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him utilize more tech maybe, but not the powers.  I kind of like him as Marvel's Batman.  Maybe a little more story/character development would be nice.  Make him more Marvelly as it were.
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
#4 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

the upgrade id most like to see for this dude is dying. 
#5 Posted by RATZGobbler (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I used to spout that MK should get new powers, in an interesting way, but now that he's geared up with Carbonadium armor and a friggin' sweet garage of vehicles, I have to say no to super-humanizing our glorious white shadow of justice.

#6 Posted by bingbangboom (782 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the character is interesting but I tried to read the relaunch a few years ago and was so confused. To me, he would make a better team player vs. solo book. Possibly on New Avengers or something similar where he has skills that can benefit his team.

#7 Posted by RATZGobbler (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed the detail of it being in a separate universe and I figuratively withdraw my contrarily positioned comment. I just read up on some old MK comics, one of them being the Infinity War cross over. It was awesome to see different flavors of the Silver Avenger like Moon-Fang the vampiric menace, Moon Crest the overzealous leader of a moon based religion, and Dino-Knight, which really explains itself. So if you want to print this story, I'll certainly look forward to it.

Avatar image for reversenegative
#8 Posted by ReverseNegative (2974 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
"I would like to see him utilize more tech maybe, but not the powers.  I kind of like him as Marvel's Batman.  Maybe a little more story/character development would be nice.  Make him more Marvelly as it were. "

I don't like the fact that everyone says that Moon Knight is a Marvel Batman. HE ISN'T.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.