Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

What if Moon Knight was on DC instead of Marvel?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

I was thinking today at work, what would it be like if Moon Knight was on DC instead of Marvel? Would he be more popular than he is now, or less popular? Who would he associate with and who would his enemies be? Would he be relatively short lived or would he become a huge household name? Tell me what you guys think.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll

I know you're going to hate me for saying this, but I still believe he has too many similarities to Batman for them to exist in the same universe...

Rabbit Tots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rabbit Tots

Same here, except Moon Knight is a psycho path compared to Bats. 

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Would make appearances in Batman, since his villains are too much for MK to ignore.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Then I'd love to see a Moon Knight/Batman team up.  

Seriously, they'd be besties. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

they would probably have made him a lot cooler and called him something else...something like....Batman

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Which ever city he decided to nest in that city's hero would have already arrested him and shut him down 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ReverseNegative

I could see him getting heavily involved with the Bat family, like Azrael.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Son_of_Magnus
    Which ever city he decided to nest in that city's hero would have already arrested him and shut him down 
    Good point. Does DC even have any anti-heroes?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Danial79 said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus
    Good point. Does DC even have any anti-heroes? "
    Yes but None that can work with the JLA or be taken seriously by main heroes.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Danial79:  

You could argue the Secret Six and Jason Todd.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Danial79 said:
    " Good point. Does DC even have any anti-heroes? "
    yes, and they almost all get the crap that position should entail. Like going to jail and getting their asses handed to them by competent heroes who won't stand for their attitude.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By G Bird
    @Danial79 said:
    " I know you're going to hate me for saying this, but I still believe he has too many similarities to Batman for them to exist in the same universe... "
    I still say the difference outweigh the similarities. Batman has never had powers, Moon Knight has. Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered which caused him to fight crime, Marc Spector was killed and resurected by the Egyptian god Khonshu and was forced to fight crime as a way to please his god. Batman has never killed, Moon Knight has killed many times. Batman has had many different sidekicks, Moon Knight only had one for a brief time. I could keep going on and on, but you get the picture. Yes they are both rich and wear capes... doesn't that explain most super heroes?
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Danial79:   You could argue the Secret Six and Jason Todd. "
    I was just about to mention Jason.
    Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd likely be involved woth red hoods outlaws

RamsTheNameCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zemoftw: Moon Knight would probably hangout with DC's Ragman.

No Caption Provided

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsthenamecom: i like your thinking. Btw how do feel now that moon knight is a legacy hero that's excisted since the beginning of civilization?

RamsTheNameCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RamsTheNameCom

@zemoftw: I think it's a terrible idea for Moon Knight as a character, not in concept. DC's The Spectre utilized this concept to it's fullest potential since he himself is a spiritual entity that cannot die, just reborn. Moon Knight on the other hand is man seeking to redeem his past mistakes as a mercenary and turn over a new leaf taking on the new identity as Steven Grant with the added identity of Jake Lockely to communicate with lower class civilians.

Therefore all of his villains should only reflect on past mistakes which caused them to become evil due to Marc Spector's misdeeds. Not just a villain because villain.

Bushman = Marc Spector refused to continue the mission and held back Bushman from killing Marlene. Bushman lost the fortune he would have gained from the mercenary mission that day.

The Hatchetman = Marc Spector tried to kill his own brother with a grenade for trying leave his team for the enemy mercenary group.

The Black Spectre = Wants to be loved like Moon Knight and thus envies him. Does not understand he must willing redeem his past sins to become a hero like Moon Knight.

Morpheus = Became mutated because of Marlene's brother's mistake in treating his patient. Since it connects to Marlene, it connects back to Moon Knight.... Also a lot of people didn't realized that Fox technically owned the rights to Morpheus since he is in fact a mutant by definition.

All in all, I just think it's dumb to have multiple people becoming Moon Knight through several generations. Why couldn't it just be Marc Spector who's the one and only Moon Knight? It's would make more sense in the long run considering..... IN THE ORIGIN STORY OF MOON KNIGHT, IT STATES THAT NO ONE HAS EVER DISTURBED THE TOMB OF KHONSHU UP TO THIS POINT. Meaning, no one but Marc Spector has ever taken and used Khonshu's cloak.

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsthenamecom: yeah marvel has retconned the hell outta moon knight over the years and its sad. At least marlene is back though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.