Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Vengeance of moon knight vs current moon knight sereis

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comkid100

I'm wonder what peoples opinions are about hte last 2 series of moon knight (not counting the mini-series). Which series do you prefer, which version of moon knight (out of these 2) are better? and Why?

Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@comkid100: As much as I like Gregg Hurwitz he made moon knight more of a batman clone than any other writer who wrote moon knight. And if Bendis took away the "Avenger personalities" I would pick up his series. So neither I suppose.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DanialCarroll

@GiantsizeManThing said:

@comkid100: As much as I like Gregg Hurwitz he made moon knight more of a batman clone than any other writer who wrote moon knight. And if Bendis took away the "Avenger personalities" I would pick up his series. So neither I suppose.

I agree on both counts. Bendis' book would be great if it wasn't for the Avengers-in-my-head aspect, but the Vengeance MK was heading way too far down the Batman line.

Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@Danial79: And the lack of Stained glass scarlet sucks too.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

@protect_yourself said:

@Danial79: whats wrong with the avengers thing though?

It's ridiculous and not fitting with the character. The only voice/vision Marc has ever had has been that of Khonshu, and that was only because Khonshu was the one who resurrected him. Marc isn't crazy.

fuzzybunny566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fuzzybunny566

@Danial79 said:

@protect_yourself said:

@Danial79: whats wrong with the avengers thing though?

It's ridiculous and not fitting with the character. The only voice/vision Marc has ever had has been that of Khonshu, and that was only because Khonshu was the one who resurrected him. Marc isn't crazy.

you're totally right. i didn't even think about that until i read your post. i can't recall right now, but has this series even referenced Marc listening to Khonshu? or maybe Khonshu has kinda "left him" for a while as Marc was exploiting him for the television series.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll

@fuzzybunny566: I can't remember Khonshu being mentioned outside of the TV show. Perhaps he was killed by Wolverine :)

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By comkid100

a slight change of question how would you react to him becoming a punisher-like character? WOuld you prefer him to "batman clone" (a term i think NEVER reflected moon knight as a character)?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DanialCarroll

@comkid100: I think he is more suited to the Punisher role seeing as he was resurrected to seek vengeance in Khonshu's name and all.

218Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By 218Comics

Current series really has my intrigue. I actually enjoy all the Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc.. shenanigans.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alch21

New Series> Old Series. Its just more interesting, flat out. Moon Knights never been cooler. Can Batman pertend to be the Justice League? I think not. This is the exact crazy this character needs to stand out and stand on his own.

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xlizen

What I don't like about Bendis-Knight was when MK was dressing up as the other heroes and mimicking their fighting styles. I think that ticked off a lot of MK fans. Since he has not done that since issue 2 (I think?) I have been tolerating the series, but it has heavy dialogue at times which annoys me.

With VOMK, it seemed like Hurwitz had a set plan for MK (battling Khonshu, pregnant Marlene, Marc's brother, getting his rep back with other heroes, etc) and it showed after the Bushman arc that he had little time to flesh these ideas out. It was a shame he was given no time to execute these ideas properly.

I really looked forward to getting each issue of VOMK when it came in the mail. I still have 2 or 3 Bendis-Knight issues on my comic stack just collecting dust sadly.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DanialCarroll

@xlizen said:

What I don't like about Bendis-Knight was when MK was dressing up as the other heroes and mimicking their fighting styles. I think that ticked off a lot of MK fans. Since he has not done that since issue 2 (I think?) I have been tolerating the series, but it has heavy dialogue at times which annoys me..

Same. It's just tolerable since he hasn't done that in a while. And the overwritten dialogue is just something that comes with any Bendis book that we just have to deal with unfortunately.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Superguy0009e

i definitely prefer the MK series now, but the VOTMK series wasn't THAT bad, kind of good to see MK take on more of a heroic approach like the good ole days

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The current moon knight series is a farce

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Superguy0009e

@spiderbat87: aren't all comics?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Superguy0009e said:

@spiderbat87: aren't all comics?

not really no

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.