Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

The best Series

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comkid100

What would you say was the best moon knight series/story arc, it can be from any past or present series.

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By xlizen

The first Moon Knight trade I ever read was The Bottom and that was what truly got me hooked on Moon Knight. I continue to read that trade the most out of my other ones so I consider that the best story arc. I loved the grittiness and how they introduced Marc with the Profile. The artwork is also amazing and fits the mood. Still thinking on my favorite series though.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX
    Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@comkid100: I would say the first Doug Moench run in the 80s, and the couple of mini-series he had in the late 90s.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

Like Xlizen, The Bottom was the first Moon Knight I ever read, and is how I wish Moon Knight had stayed, but as soon as Huston left, the series went downhill pretty fast. As a whole, I actually think Marc Spector: Moon Knight was the best series. It introduced many of Moon Knight's rogues, established a kind of mythos, and had several cameos with Spider-Man and Punisher. It was a fun series and I wish Marvel would collect it in an omnibus.

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClutchWarfare

Top 5 story arcs: 1) The Bottom 2) God and Country 3) Scarlett Redemption 4) Divided We Stand 5) Ultimate Knights (Ultimate Spider-Man : #106-110)

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

The original Moench run or Scarlet Redemption from the MK-Marc Spector title.

horshbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By horshbox

Moenchs run was great and the first 30 or so issues of Marc Spector Moon Knight were great but it went down hill from there. I loved the Bottom but after that some of the arcs were all over the place. So I'd go with the original first run for the best.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

"The Bottom" and "Vengeance Of The Moon Knight". It's a great chararacter arc.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Anything InnerVenom writes. Don't care if it's legit or not.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @InnerVenom123 said:

^
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By daredevil21134

@TheGoldenOne said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

^

agreed

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb575a17a8af
    deactivated-5fb575a17a8af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting a Moon Knight animation series on YouTube. This is the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11RdcLas15g&t=49s

RamsTheNameCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay124: Ha, you beat me to the punch. But unlike your Moon Knight animated series, I'm actually using hand drawn animation NOT flash and it will have Rotoscoping for more realistic movement. Of course this process takes a long time and currently by series has been in development for two years now, but a teaser should be coming in late January.

As for what is the best Moon Knight story arc, hands down it is "Countdown to Dark".

No Caption Provided

(This here is a single frame from my Moon Knight animation, don't want to spoil too much but this image was taken from Moon Knight's physiological breakdown scene. Reminiscent of the Pink Floyd "The Trial" animation).

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb575a17a8af
    deactivated-5fb575a17a8af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsthenamecom: Yeah Marvel don't want to do anything with the character because of his background so I'm changing it up a bit. I included my own characters into the fold so I can tell my own story (Double Shot and Waterfall are my characters) and make Moon Knight less dark and more "Disney friendly" Right now I'm working on "Moon Knight: Waterfall Returns" then I will create "Moon Knight: Backlash" which will feature his main rival Bushman.

RamsTheNameCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay124: I mean Disney can always make a Marvel film with the Touchstone label, you know right? For me, a Moon Knight film can be dark in the same vein as say a Pirates of the Caribbean film. I will not be using my own original characters, but will be using knockoff names to avoid copyright. EX: Moon Knight = Blood Moon (Moon Knight's original intended name by the way).

My short animated series will be like classic Doug Moench Moon Knight comics mixed with elements of Evil Dead 2, Pet Cemetery, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and a little inspiration from Anchorman 2 (weird combination, I know).

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay124: wow man really! Glad to other moon knight fans out there!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.