Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

No Moon Knight Cameo in Avengers movie!!!!

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jkeener71

Conspiracy!!!!! :)

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

@jkeener71: no, logic. he is only a secret avenger, and not even for that long a time.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By mavfan626

No dude, no conspiracy. He just isn't that movie popular.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

lol

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

Meh, most don't give two sh!ts about the character.
    BB

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian

-_______-

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Hardly anyone cares about Moon Knight.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

.........why would he have one? Wait till the Marvel Knights movie dude.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Billy Batson said:

Meh, most don't give two sh!ts about the character.
    BB

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By foolkiller1

@jkeener71 said:

If marvel ever does a midnight sons movie, I could see him fitting in there. I know he's never been a midnight sons member, but they could go a supernatural route with him to distance him from the whole batman knockoff thing.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Just as unknown as Hawkeye was... But I don't even get why you would think Moon Knight was going to appear in the film in the first place.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By X35

Ugh.

Stupid topic.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By the_tree

I don't even remember there being a rumor that he was going to make an appearance. I'd love for him to be in the movieverse though, he's awesome.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@jkeener71 said:

If marvel ever does a midnight sons movie, I could see him fitting in there. I know he's never been a midnight sons member, but they could go a supernatural route with him to distance him from the whole batman knockoff thing.

They would already have a guy with the Vengeance thing, his name is Ghost Rider. Plus Ghost Rider >>>>> Moon Knight. Moon Knight is better served in a Marvel Knights Team movie.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@foolkiller1 said:

@jkeener71 said:

They would already have a guy with the Vengeance thing, his name is Ghost Rider. Plus Ghost Rider >>>>> Moon Knight. Moon Knight is better served in a Marvel Knights Team movie.

Marvel doesn't own the rights to ghost rider, They do own the rights to Dr. Strange, Blade, Morbius and moon knight.

Actually moon knight>>>>>>>>ghost rider.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

So by that Logic, Thor should be in the Midnight Sons too cause he's a supernatural character too. He's serves the Avengers better. Moon Knight is a street hero. That's where he should be. Ghost Rider is needed for the team to work.

Midnight Sons can't work with out Ghost Rider as he was the reason they teamed up to begin with. Danny Ketch's death allowed him to see Lilith and warn the others of her return which lead to the Midnight Sons team. Plus Caretaker is the one who branded them the Midnight Sons (which is a Ghost Rider Character). So again, Ghost Rider is far more important to that set up than Moon Knight. So movie can't happen without GR.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Just as unknown as Hawkeye was... But I don't even get why you would think Moon Knight was going to appear in the film in the first place.

Riiiight.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

-.-

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX: Did you even read my post, I said IF marvel decides to bring moon knight to the big screen (big if) it might be a good idea if they would go for a supernatural route, to distance him from his similarities to batman. And I never said they should do a midnight sons movie without ghost rider, if they did it would be without ghost rider because marvel studios doesn't own the rights to him.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Did you even read my post, I said IF marvel decides to bring moon knight to the big screen (big if) it might be a good idea if they would go for a supernatural route, to distance him from his similarities to batman. And I never said they should do a midnight sons movie without ghost rider, if they did it would be without ghost rider because marvel studios doesn't own the rights to him.

1. I read it perfectly fine.

2. Moon Knight's similarities to Batman is basically all he is known for so to do this change in a movie will cause the Moon Knight Fans to complain out their butts at Marvel for changing the character from the source material.

3. Even If Midnights Sons happened without Ghost Rider, there is a list of other supernatural characters who deserve the spot more than Moon Knight: Daimon Hellstrom, Satana, Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, Werewolf By Night. So again, he wouldn't be in the running.

4. You want him to be different than Batman, then change in him the comics instead of the movies. Movies will cause blacklash and the character will suffer more than he already has.

5. Again, He would be better in his element : Street heroics. So put him in a Marvel Knights movie.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX:

1.You sure?

2.Actually moon knight is best known for his mental instability, and changing him in a potential movie won't make moon knight fans complain cause his similarities to batman are only superficial at best. So they wouldn't be changing him much.

3.You're right, there are better characters suited to the midnight sons than moon knight, but he would be in the running due to his connection to werewolf by night.

4.see number 2

5.agreed, but he could fit in midnight sons.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By X35

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

3. Even If Midnights Sons happened without Ghost Rider, there is a list of other supernatural characters who deserve the spot more than Moon Knight: Daimon Hellstrom, Satana, Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, Werewolf By Night. So again, he wouldn't be in the running.

Good man :D

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@X35 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Good man :D

I listed the ARMOR Midnight Sons team mostly. Besides, the Midnight Sons always did need a female magic user like Zatanna.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX:

1.You sure?

2.Actually moon knight is best known for his mental instability, and changing him in a potential movie won't make moon knight fans complain cause his similarities to batman are only superficial at best. So they wouldn't be changing him much.

3.You're right, there are better characters suited to the midnight sons than moon knight, but he would be in the running due to his connection to werewolf by night.

4.see number 2

1. Of couse I am. Are you sure you understood what I'm saying? He wouldn't offer anything supernaturally that Ghost Rider can't do better. Hence why he is best sticking to being a street hero.

2. That mental instablitity has been on and off for years, his batman-esque characterization has been constant. Superficially or not, he's more known as a street hero. Taking him from that to a Supernatural hero is changing him too much from his current characterization, and it would not sit well with others just like making Hal Jordan the Specter.

3. Connection to a Supernatural hero doesn't make him in the running. Strange has been connected to tons of others, does that mean they should be in the movies? No, that's reaching at best. Again, Moon Knight is a street hero. Focus on that instead of trying to make Moon Knight stand out by making him a supernatural hero. (You realize Supernatural heroes get no love from Marvel right unless they are Strange?)

5. Again, not like all the other Supernatural characters I listed. Hell Illyana has a better shot at being Midnight Son than Moon Knight, and she is still bound to FOX.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Gambit1024

@The_Tree: Epic avatar. That's all, lol.

And was he supposed to have one? lol

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024: LOL, thanks, having an Ant-Man movie news update got me all excited again.

I don't even think it was rumored that Moon Knight had a cameo, I think this thread is just the sole product of a hopeful fan.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@TheAnnihilator said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Riiiight.

Right indeed. =P.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX:

1.You sure?

4.see number 2

1. Of couse I am. Are you sure you understood what I'm saying? He wouldn't offer anything supernaturally that Ghost Rider can't do better. Hence why he is best sticking to being a street hero.

2. That mental instablitity has been on and off for years, his batman-esque characterization has been constant. Superficially or not, he's more known as a street hero. Taking him from that to a Supernatural hero is changing him too much from his current characterization, and it would not sit well with others just like making Hal Jordan the Specter.

3. Connection to a Supernatural hero doesn't make him in the running. Strange has been connected to tons of others, does that mean they should be in the movies? No, that's reaching at best. Again, Moon Knight is a street hero. Focus on that instead of trying to make Moon Knight stand out by making him a supernatural hero. (You realize Supernatural heroes get no love from Marvel right unless they are Strange?)

5. Again, not like all the other Supernatural characters I listed. Hell Illyana has a better shot at being Midnight Son than Moon Knight, and she is still bound to FOX.

He would offer just as much as blade would, and he's been a son since the beginning.

No, his mental instability is his defining characteristic, when moon knight fans think moon knight, they think crazy.

Marvel has been pushing moon knight for years, they could choose him just for more exposure. But it really doesn't matter because we haven't heard even a whisper of a midnight sons movie.

I don't know who that is, I assume an X-MAN?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX:

1.You sure?

4.see number 2

He would offer just as much as blade would, and he's been a son since the beginning.

No, his mental instability is his defining characteristic, when moon knight fans think moon knight, they think crazy.

Marvel has been pushing moon knight for years, they could choose him just for more exposure. But it really doesn't matter because we haven't heard even a whisper of a midnight sons movie.

I don't know who that is, I assume an X-MAN?

Blade offers Vampires. Moon Knight doesn't bring anything to the table that the other sons don't do already.

Crazy doesn't equal Supernatural contender.

Pushing him and making him work at too different things. He never holds his solo books or any push they give him.

Illyana Rasputina aka Magik, sister of Colossus and Queen of Limbo. She's girl who owned Strange in AvX 3 off-screen, and yes she is an X-Man. Amanda Sefton aka Daytripper/Magik II is not a mutant, but is also a witch has a better shot than Moon Knight.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By Hunter114

Yeah, it's all a conspiracy and everyone's against you

Plus he's not that good of a character... nor was he on any classic Avengers team, so there's no reason to set the character up to be in another movie... even the SHIELD Agents deserve cameos more than Moon Knight

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Actually Fox don't own the movie rights Illyana, just characters that have previously appeared in X-Men movies, as when the movie rights are for characters and not for the entire thing.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Hunter114 said:

Plus he's not that good of a character... nor was he on any classic Avengers team, so there's no reason to set the character up to be in another movie... even the SHIELD Agents deserve cameos more than Moon Knight

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Actually Fox don't own the movie rights Illyana, just characters that have previously appeared in X-Men movies, as when the movie rights are for characters and not for the entire thing.

So she could be in other movies outside of X-Men? Interesting.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DanialCarroll

@jkeener71 said:

Ha! You guys all take things so serious. This was obviously a facetious post and you're all jumping in with the Moon Knight hate. Love it :)

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Hunter114

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Hunter114 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

I'm not sure now, actually... it's only just come to mind that there was a debate over whether or not Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could be used in the Avengers movie... the argument was that they could both be used by Fox and Marvel as they are in both the X-Men and Avengers franchises... so it may be possible that Fox bought additional options for the X-Men franchise as a whole... and to be honest, I'm not "fully versed" in the legality of movie rights and I've obviously not seen the actual contract between the two companies... will be doing more research though to get more information.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Hunter114 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Hunter114 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

I'm not sure now, actually... it's only just come to mind that there was a debate over whether or not Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could be used in the Avengers movie... the argument was that they could both be used by Fox and Marvel as they are in both the X-Men and Avengers franchises... so it may be possible that Fox bought additional options for the X-Men franchise as a whole... and to be honest, I'm not "fully versed" in the legality of movie rights and I've obviously not seen the actual contract between the two companies... will be doing more research though to get more information.

Interesting. Not sure though that applies to Illyana since her history isn't tied to anything else but X-Men. But it does raise questions.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX:

Moon knight bring potential Egyptian mythology elements and werewolves.

Never said it did.

He does have trouble holding his own book, but so does every supernatural character.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX:

Moon knight bring potential Egyptian mythology elements and werewolves.

Never said it did.

He does have trouble holding his own book, but so does every supernatural character.

Ghost Rider, Strange, and Hellstrom bring the Judea-Christian God, Hell Lords, Elder Gods, and Mystical Entities. Those trump Egyptian, Norse, and Greek Gods. Werewolves are handled by Werewolf by Night and Morbius (Legion of Monsters).

Other characters have his job covered. I see no reason why he belongs there. Defenders I would give you, but not Midnight Sons.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX: "Ghost Rider, Strange, and Hellstrom bring the Judea-Christian God, Hell Lords, Elder Gods, and Mystical Entities. Those trump Egyptian, Norse, and Greek Gods."

The hell they do. Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythology wrote the book when it come to interesting Gods, Demons, Heroes and other figures. You're insane if you actually believe that. Not to mention he's an interesting character. I would love to see his personality(ies) clash with Strange, blade, and hellstorm.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: "Ghost Rider, Strange, and Hellstrom bring the Judea-Christian God, Hell Lords, Elder Gods, and Mystical Entities. Those trump Egyptian, Norse, and Greek Gods."

The hell they do. Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythology wrote the book when it come to interesting Gods, Demons, Heroes and other figures. You're insane if you actually believe that. Not to mention he's an interesting character. I would love to see his personality(ies) clash with Strange, blade, and hellstorm.

Mephisto, Dormammu, Satannish, Agamotto, Vishtanti, and others are more powerful, and are a greater threat than them. So yes, they are trumped. Doesn't make a difference if they make interesting heroes or characters as they rarely if EVER get involved with the rest of the supernatural world cause they are more intergrated with the regular every day hero than like Ghost Rider or Blade. So what's Moon Knight gonna do against Mephisto, Lilith, or Blackheart? Come on! He's not equipped to deal with those kinda threats, and you know that! Again, he'd be better in Defenders. You get the Strange interaction, and he could still act in his element like how Iron Fist is.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1: I've decided it's just best to agree to disagree at this point. This is gonna get us no where, and I don't want to waste your time or mine trying to make points that just will prolong an argument that isn't necessary for either of us. I respect your appriecation of Moon Knight, and I feel it's best to just walk away.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard Moon Knight was going to be in a small scene in Battleship, not that anyone will see it.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By foolkiller1

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@foolkiller1: I've decided it's just best to agree to disagree at this point. This is gonna get us no where, and I don't want to waste your time or mine trying to make points that just will prolong an argument that isn't necessary for either of us. I respect your appriecation of Moon Knight, and I feel it's best to just walk away.

That's cool,man. hope I didn't come across like a dick.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@foolkiller1 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

That's cool,man. hope I didn't come across like a dick.

It's all good, friend.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By Baddamdog

@X35 said:

Ugh.

Stupid topic.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Moon Knight all I have to say is this.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

@DarkKnightDetective: Liking Green Day? Hahaha. Must fit with your taste as you seem to like Batman. He's so brooding, dark and edgy. Well let me tell you something about Batman. He's a jerk. How many times has he hurt people's feelings and treating them like crap? It's a wonder he still has allies, how unrealistic. And beating up poor mental health patients, not using his money to improve things, instead spending money on armor and gadgets as a way to express his manchild neckbeard power fantasy of beating people up to 'avenge his parents'. If he really cared, then he would hang up that cowl and fund Gotham, to make it a better place, a safer place.

PATTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By PATTX

I don't think Paramount have got the rights.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

this must not registrate at a emotional level.

first present a counter argument to how Batman has helped stop crime w/out the cowl more than moon knight has.

dazed he will attempt to present an argument to how Batman is a jerk, employ how Batman does what he needs to do, and point out how moon knight is mentally unstable.

Confused he will start mistyping how Batman is a pedophile or homosexual, counter trolling by correcting his spelling and fracture brain with logic.

In Summary: self-esteem decreased, brain stunned, fingers to type disabled, Capacity to insult Batman neutralized.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DanialCarroll

Where are all you people coming from? If you don't like Moon Knight, why are you even in this forum?

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

@PATTX said:

I don't think Paramount have got the rights.

That's because nobody wants them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.