Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight Respect Thread

• 176 results
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By cameron83

@Alpha said:

He deserves to play a bigger role. I think he 's equal to Dardedevil as far as his role in the Marvel U. I like the idea of his powers being based on the moon. After all, he is the acvatar of a Moon God. He should have never been an Avenger though. When peopl ecompare him to Daredevil or BAtman I feel they don't know either of the characters. Just because he uses a billy-club (just one of his weapons) he's like Daredevil. Just because he's a caped crime-fighter with no real powers, he's like Batman. People just don't take the time to see how unique he is. I think they should put back is some of the elements of the original character as far as the monster fighting.

@Alpha said:

I've been a MK fan since the days of Werewolf by Night. I became a big fan when he was placed with the Defenders during the Zodiac run. I hate when he's compared to Batman. They have nothing in common other than having other identities and being rich. If that's the case, then Ironman is more like Batman. If he's similar to anyone it would be Black Panther, since they both are powered by African gods.

I like you....but he needs a greater role in the marvel universe

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By NyghtMare

I love Moon Knight, but he's no Daredevil. Especially seeing as how Daredevil beat Moon Knight without his radar...

But on topic, Moon Knight is an awesome character, and I agree he needs a bigger role in the Marvel U. But part of his charm is that he's so underpowered, but still kicking some ass.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By DanialCarroll

@NyghtMare said:

Especially seeing as how Daredevil beat Moon Knight without his radar...

When did that happen?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#154  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @Danial79 said:

@NyghtMare said:

Especially seeing as how Daredevil beat Moon Knight without his radar...

When did that happen?

That's not true.  They had a brief stalemate before they realized it was a misunderstanding and went after the Jester. 

And it happened in Moon Knight #13. 

And please, don't think this into me saying Moon Knight should or would defeat Daredevil. Daredevil is obviously his superior (more skilled, more agile, better reflexes). I'm just correcting what actually happened in the issue.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By DanialCarroll

@k4tzm4n said:

Daredevil is obviously his superior (more skilled, more agile, better reflexes).

I don't think anyone would argue that.

PLTRGY13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By PLTRGY13

@Alpha: He was never an avenger he was a secret avenger for a short while, too so calm your tits

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By foolkiller1

@PLTRGY13 said:

@Alpha: He was never an avenger he was a secret avenger for a short while, too so calm your tits

He was in the West coast avengers for awhile, although he joined cause he was possessed by khonshu.

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By jkeener71

Moon Knight gets no respect, That has got to change, and change soon, before he is gone forever.

And that would totally SUCK!!!!!

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ectoborge

Hey Guys I'm new to the character. Tell me what is cool about Moon Knight :)

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#160  Edited By JSH92

@ectoborge said:

Hey Guys I'm new to the character. Tell me what is cool about Moon Knight :)

Haven't you seen all the awesome things in this thread? But, you really should just read his comics and find out for yourself :P

I would highly recommend Doug Moench's run back in the 80s. The easiest way to read that material would be via the Moon Knight Essentials, that is if you don't mind reading them in black and white. I thought the Marc Spector: Moon Knight series was pretty good too, and from what I hear the 2006 series was pretty good (although very violent/graphic, so you have been warned). Enjoy.

ScrubbedOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ScrubbedOut

Unlike everyone else... I really love the Bendis run... It took Moon Knight from being a cool hero to my favorite.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Bystander

@Lord Doom said:

Alpha says:

"He deserves to play a bigger role. I think he 's equal to Dardedevil as far as his role in the Marvel U. I like the idea of his powers being based on the moon. After all, he is the acvatar of a Moon God. He should have never been an Avenger though. When peopl ecompare him to Daredevil or BAtman I feel they don't know either of the characters. Just because he uses a billy-club (just one of his weapons) he's like Daredevil. Just because he's a caped crime-fighter with no real powers, he's like Batman. People just don't take the time to see how unique he is. I think they should put back is some of the elements of the original character as far as the monster fighting. "

Moon Knight isn't equal to Daredevil in any aspect of existance.DD actually has a superhuman attribute and s respected by other superheroes.Nobody respects Moon Knight...he's a dirtbag and he takes advantage of people that aren't great fighters and kills them.People compare him to Batman because of his dark nature and to DD because they both fight local crime...but MK does have his own unique attributes.

Isn't equal to DD ? A dirtbbag killing weak people ? Are you joking or what ?!!

Moon Knight is a unique master of martial arts as Batman, greater maybe, because of his supernatural stengh granted by Konshu. Even without these powers: this guy has a wide arsenal of gadgets and weapons, so he'l make good use of them be sure ! Also don't forget about adamantium armor and special enchanses common to those in Iron Man's suit: He hold a collapsing building thanks to these things as seen in comics. As for killing people, he was forced by a god to do it, and most of them actualy deserved it: he never killed inoscent people, only villlans and murders.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Veshark

Just an excerpt from my blog post about why I like Moon Knight. Sorry if it's a little long, but I thought I'd put it out there:

Many people view Moon Knight as this sort of ersatz Batman (Spector has a cave, a plane, moon-shaped batarangs, a grim identity, he's a vigilante of the night, he has no powers, he's rich, he has a butler, he has a sidekick who totally lost his sh*t...remind you of anyone?), and while I do agree with that to a certain extent, I think that it really simplifies who Moon Knight really is. Because all those similarities are superficial, related only to their physical appearances and modus operandi, and if you dig in deeper, you'll find that Moon Knight is a polar opposite of the Dark Knight. The first thing that probably needs addressing is his fractured psyche. Simply put, Moon Knight is not mentally stable. He is not sound of mind. He constantly suffers from delusions (Remember that whole Cap-Spidey-Wolverine WTF Bendis run?), he's prone to rage, he treats his friends like shite, and he suffers from dissociative identity disorder (or multiple personality disorder, if you prefer the more pop culture term). The guy has like four different identities all rolled into one tattered brain, and he borders on the sociopathic. And that's a really intriguing part of the character. I mean, how many insane superheroes do you know? As Captain America himself puts it, 'Castle may belong in a cage, but you belong in a straitjacket'.

And then there's the whole religion avatar priest thing he's got going on. This is easily my favorite aspect of the whole character. Moon Knight is essentially the servant of the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, and serves him in the way that a priest serves his god. Unfortunately, most of that 'serving' process involves crippling rapists and putting murderers into traction - all in the name of holy vengeance. The dynamic between Spector and Khonshu is probably best illustrated by Charlie Huston's run on Moon Knight (which the Bottom is a part of), and it's one of the coolest bits of the book. The two are constantly biting at one another, with an almost love-hate relationship, and it really depicts the dependent faith that Moon Knight has with Khonshu. Whenever he loses faith in Khonshu, the moon god screws up his life so bad until Spector comes crawling back to him. It's a twisted, disturbing relationship, and the best part is that no one ever knows if it's real. That's some top-notch storytelling right there. Moon Knight is not a vigilante like Bats...he's a religious fanatical zealot.

Also, this has really nothing to do with Moon Knight himself, but I loved this quote from Khonshu. In one issue of Moon Knight, when Khonshu tells the crippled Marc Spector to stand up, Spector replies 'It hurts'. And then Khonshu replies with this gem: "I'm the god of vengeance and the moon. Not the god of whining and self-pity. Get the f*ck up." Bad. Ass.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164  Edited By cameron83

Moon knight is awesome!

I just think he needs more popularity going on,and with that more expansion.I mean,most MARVEL characters hold some popularity (some greater than others),but I feel Moon Knight has the least of it.For an awesome character,he certainly needs more.I just hate when he's forgotten at times.He needs more popularity and expansion to him brought by more exposure.I mean,the guy doesn't really have alot of comics.He needs a hell of alot more.Not only that,but he needs to appear more frequently in events and have a larger role.I'm just glad he appears in Age of Ultron.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By DanialCarroll

@cameron83: You're right. Back in Moon Knight's hayday, he made appearances in ASM,, SSM, Iron Man, Defenders, and even West Coast Avengers. However, recently, even when he had his own series by Bendis, he cameoed in Daken, and that's about it. Hopefully he plays a decent part in Age of Ultron and people get to know him a bit better.

Avatar image for deviantchildren
    DeviantChildren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello Fans of Moon Knigh! I'm from a New York Based Independent FIlm group called Deviant Children Productions and I wanted to let all of you Moon Knight fans know that we are currently crowdfundraising for a LIVE ACTION film about the lunar adventures of Marc Spector called MOON KNIGHT: BLOOD & SILVER! Here is a synopsis-

"Marc Spector is Moon Knight, the most feared costumed vigilante in the Marvel Universe, clearing out the scum of New York with brutal and bloody efficiency. The shadow organization known only as THE COMMITTEE approach him to bring in a single man. What The Committee doesn't tell Moon Knight is that the man in question is Jack Russell, aka WEREWOLF BY NIGHT! With the full moon upon them, Marc Spector is pushed to limits as he takes his fiercest foe yet!"

We've raised more than half of the funds needed and with 11 days left, we are looking fior any help we can get to realize the cinematic debut of Marvel's Dark Knight! Here is our most recent PreProduction video, showcasing some of the fight choreography! Campaign link at the end of the video!

Loading Video...

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Bystander

Moon knight is awesome!

I just think he needs more popularity going on,and with that more expansion.I mean,most MARVEL characters hold some popularity (some greater than others),but I feel Moon Knight has the least of it.For an awesome character,he certainly needs more.I just hate when he's forgotten at times.He needs more popularity and expansion to him brought by more exposure.I mean,the guy doesn't really have alot of comics.He needs a hell of alot more.Not only that,but he needs to appear more frequently in events and have a larger role.I'm just glad he appears in Age of Ultron.

Holy #### your right!

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

A couple of feats here:

Takes on Mr. Hyde
    Fast enough to escape the cops

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy Moon Knight's comics but he doesn't really have any significance in the Marvel you.He will clean the streets up for you but he's not the guy your going to call when you need to take down someone with actual powers.

Not true. Captain America HIMSELF called on him to do just that in Secret Avengers.

Moon Knight also took on this guy, HIMSELF:

No Caption Provided

Also look at it this way, IF YOU or one of your family were targeted by some pychopathic killer or tormented by some deamon or attacked by some serial rapist or chosen for a satanic cult ritualistic killing or gangland slaying, who is mostly likely going to be there to help? Most likely Moon Knight (maybe Daredevil) No one else is going to have time for you.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#171 vance_astro  Moderator
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 vance_astro  Moderator

@rag_man said:
    @lord_doom said:

I enjoy Moon Knight's comics but he doesn't really have any significance in the Marvel you.He will clean the streets up for you but he's not the guy your going to call when you need to take down someone with actual powers.

Not true. Captain America HIMSELF called on him to do just that in Secret Avengers.

Moon Knight also took on this guy, HIMSELF:

No Caption Provided

Also look at it this way, IF YOU or one of your family were targeted by some pychopathic killer or tormented by some deamon or attacked by some serial rapist or chosen for a satanic cult ritualistic killing or gangland slaying, who is mostly likely going to be there to help? Most likely Moon Knight (maybe Daredevil) No one else is going to have time for you.

Secret Avengers didn't exist when the post you're responding was written.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

LOL My apologies I didn't notice. Wow this is an old thread.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 vance_astro  Moderator

@vance_astro: Can I not have a opinion? I not insulting. You're as I said just a normal human. A mod or not, you can't ban me without reason.

~TSS

This is the second thread you bumped with no intention to add anything to the thread. In the first thread you whined about comments I made in THIS thread, and then you bumped THIS thread to call me pathetic for comments I made 6-7 years ago. Your posts are off-topic, going off-topic especially for something like THIS is against the rules. So I'm not saying i'm going to ban you but to me it looks like that's what you're asking for. I was just asking if that's what you were trying to do so I can get it over with and you can stop bothering and tagging me in posts so you can complain about statements so far in my past they don't even reflect my current opinions. Yea, I hated on Moon Knight in this thread, NO that's not what a respect thread is for, did I know that when I started? No, I did not. If you love Moon Knight so much then contribute to his respect thread, you can even make a new one if my comments in this one bother you so much but either get over it or go somewhere else.

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon knight is slowly becomming more popular. This may have been his best year since the 06 run

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.