Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon Knight needs a return

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind

Moon Knight could really be positive book in Marvel Now, it can capitalize on the success wave that is the Batman books, but with its on flare. I always thought Moon Knight to be the spawn of Batman and Rorschach. I really dont like the ideas of him getting his powers back, but i wouldnt mind if its written properly. I dont think putting him New York with a crap ton of heroes already stationed there, i would to see him maybe LA, Detroit, Chicago, or Pittsburgh. What do you guys think?

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By foolkiller1

@HushoftheWind said:

Moon Knight could really be positive book in Marvel Now, it can capitalize on the success wave that is the Batman books, but with its on flare. I always thought Moon Knight to be the spawn of Batman and Rorschach. I really dont like the ideas of him getting his powers back, but i wouldnt mind if its written properly. I dont think putting him New York with a crap ton of heroes already stationed there, i would to see him maybe LA, Detroit, Chicago, or Pittsburgh. What do you guys think?

Some pretty interesting ideas, But I don't think it would work. If people wanted to read batman, they'd read batman. They have even tried that with vengeance of the moon knight, he had the exact same armor that batman had in the Dark knight and was a strictly tech based crime fighter. I would propose moon knight having ghost like powers (he died to become moon knight, I think it would fit) and fighting supernatural enemies AND major super villains.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

Moon Knight never seems to hold down a series. The last one he was actually in LA. I really like the character though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

have him in LA and focus on the Egyptian mythology of the character and write it in a Pulp Noir style

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HushoftheWind

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

have him in LA and focus on the Egyptian mythology of the character and write it in a Pulp Noir style

^ This. And get rid of that bulls*** multiple super hero persona crap. That was dragging characters in something they didnt belong to just b/c they were popular.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

The last Moon Knight series by Bendis was something I liked but it seems that he can't hold on at the shelves.

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ClutchWarfare

@Jonny_Anonymous: I second that emotion.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He's a bench player on Marvel's team. He got his quality minutes now he has to sit back and watch the starting 5 go to work.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro said:

Moon Knight doesn't NEED anything. Marvel CANNOT sell him. He's a bench player on that team. He got his quality minutes now he has to sit back and watch the starting 5 go to work.

Pretty much. Marvel put their most precious writer and Maleev and that only lasted for 12 issues.
    BB

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro said:

Moon Knight doesn't NEED anything. Marvel CANNOT sell him. He's a bench player on that team. He got his quality minutes now he has to sit back and watch the starting 5 go to work.

Pretty much. Marvel put their most precious writer and Maleev and that only lasted for 12 issues.
    BB

People hated Bendis' run more than any. Marvel should know by now that characters like Moon Knight,Daredevil,& Punisher can't survive without having a role in something. You can't do event after event after event with them doing damn near nothing and then expect them to stand on their own. They never effin learn...
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro:

Yeah, I know but Bendis is one of those names that sells even if it's bad.
    You should switch Daredevil with Iron Fist though :P
    True true.
    BB

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro:

Yeah, I know but Bendis is one of those names that sells even if it's bad.
    You should switch Daredevil with Iron Fist though :P
    True true.
    BB

Is that a joke about Iron Fist taking DD's mantle?
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro:

No? You said that Daredevil can't survive without having a role in something and that's not true which you should know.
    BB

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro:

No? You said that Daredevil can't survive without having a role in something and that's not true which you should know.
    BB

It's completely true. If anyone else was putting up his numbers their book would be cancelled.Shadowland didn't even help.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vance Astro said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro:

BB

It's completely true. If anyone else was putting up his numbers their book would be cancelled.Shadowland didn't even help.

Well that's where the trade sales come in.
    BB

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By millennium

i didnt mind last years moon kinght series but i hated the fact that it was a 12 issue prologue to the ultron event next year but i think he would work best on a heros for hire series untell marvel figures out just how to build him for a solo

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Superguy0009e

It seems that this new ultron event will put Moonie back on top. I say put a dedicated team on a book similar to the Moench/Sienkiwitz days where it is about a man struggling to do better and hold back his rage. The closest they got with this was in the Down South storyline and a little in the Vengeance of the Moon Knight.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DanialCarroll

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

This.

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

Pulp Noir style? Like The Hood?

I think Marvel's problem with these cult faves is there's no synergy with their other books & films.  
     They tried to put him in Secret Avengers but he didn't develop as a leader or anything.
    They feel for the supernatural comics to sell well needs to establish Marvel horror and magic as their own separate branch and type of shared universe.

My suggestion:
    1) Moon Knight is not Batman. Moon Knight is The Question.  
    OR
    2) He gets a power boost and becomes a wizard detective ala Constantine. IE  Khonshu's "other followers" are killed and Khonshu gives Moon Knight all his power. And MK sees demons and magic conspiracies etc. Then you make your Horror/Magic/Demon-Hunter super team.

I see Spector as an Avenger if they play him up as a super-detective but I don't see how a magical Spector (or Blade, The Hood, etc.) fits in with the main Marvel sellers: Avengers, Spidey(an Avenger) and X-Men. Think ultimately Marvel has to hire writers to work on that side of their shared unvierse, Horror, pulp, supernatural...

Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

Maybe he could go to an ALternate Dimension and come back as a super-mage. How would that tie into the main stories they plan years in advance tho,,.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DanialCarroll

@Metatron_Da_Don said:

They tried to put him in Secret Avengers but he didn't develop as a leader or anything.

I get the feeling that Remender just didn't like the character. Both Brubaker and Ellis put Moon Knight to good use, but the moment Remender took over, he just vanished from the team without a mention.

Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

What is great about moon knight?

Was Moon  Knight ever a best-seller? and if so what was it about him or his enemies?  Him vs Werewolves? Him vs Multiple personalities?  Him changing identities like a spy or Matches Malone??  Was it his killing (because in Marvel Now! that won't fly with the Avengers, it makes them look incompetent; see Punisher:War Zone)?

xMarvelLegendx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xMarvelLegendx

They need to let him get himself together and stop having all these crazy personalities and hallucinations and then they could make a great storyline and an even better Moon Knight! Still love him though, one of my favorite heroes.

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jkeener71
    @Metatron_Da_Don said:
    What is great about moon knight?  Was Moon  Knight ever a best-seller? and if so what was it about him or his enemies?  Him vs Werewolves? Him vs Multiple personalities?  Him changing identities like a spy or Matches Malone??  Was it his killing (because in Marvel Now! that won't fly with the Avengers, it makes them look incompetent; see Punisher:War Zone)?
    Everyone likes who/what they like for different reasons. I just know I can't get enough! MORE MOON KNIGHT!!!
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By daredevil21134

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

this

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By daredevil21134

@xMarvelLegendx said:

They need to let him get himself together and stop having all these crazy personalities and hallucinations and then they could make a great storyline and an even better Moon Knight! Still love him though, one of my favorite heroes.

agreed

Cpt. Quor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cpt. Quor

They just need to focus on what makes him interesting and unique, namely the Egyptian mythology aspect of his character and the visions of Khonshu he has, they should make it so the reader has no idea if he's mad or if he really has been resurrected by a crusty old Egyptian God....

I'm really surprised Marvel hasn't jumped on Moon Knight in their movie universe, they've seen how well the "gritty" super hero stories do with the Batman trilogy, imagine that with more supernatural undertones, it could be brilliant.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Matchstick

Moon Knight could be good again, but only if they drop the 'he's crazy' angle they were pushing so hard in the Bendis run. Marvel doesn't write crazy very well and if it doesn't outright ruin the character it makes them incredibly boring to read.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DanialCarroll

@Cpt. Quor said:

They just need to focus on what makes him interesting and unique, namely the Egyptian mythology aspect of his character and the visions of Khonshu he has, they should make it so the reader has no idea if he's mad or if he really has been resurrected by a crusty old Egyptian God....

I agree. None of his series have really focused on the Egyptian angle, which is surprising, considering it's such a huge part of his origin.

As for his sanity, that's always been up for debate (excluding his recent series). I'm still a believer that Bendis' run can be retconned by saying his visions of the Avengers were simply created by Khonshu :)

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By JSH92

I would love for them to come out with a new Moon Knight series that feels like Doug Moench's run in the 80s. One of the things I loved about that original series was that it was a lot of these things you guys are saying. It wasn't just one aspect, it was all of them. The whole series didn't focus on one aspect of the character. There were stories of mystery, Egyptian mythology, Jewish mysticism (something that nobody on here has mentioned and which I would like to see in a new series), horror, and of course regular vigilante/superhero work. A great series would work all of these in, and not just focus on one, in my humble opinion at least.

Plus, his original run had an awesome supporting cast. If they make a new series, they should bring back the supporting cast (Frenchie, Marlene, Gena, Crawley, Detective Flint, etc.) and even create new supporting characters.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DanialCarroll

@JSH92: You're absolutely right. Moon Knight is the sum of his parts, so focusing on only one aspect it not going to do him any justice. I consider his supporting cast to be part of "Moon Knight" as well, so having them absent just feels wrong.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By Dreadmaster

Justin Jordan for Moon Knight please.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin Jordan for Moon Knight please.

That is a good shout

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite portrayal of MK is still the Charlie Huston one.

The way I see is that there are two important aspects of MK. One is the religious one - he's serving the Egyptian god of vengeance like a priest, and the unhealthy co-dependent relationship between him and Khonshu is a big part of the character. The other one is his psychology - he's a mentally-ill fighter who only wants to hurt others. Though he disguises himself as a hero, the truth is that he just enjoys fighting - it's all he knows how to do. Added to his overall social incompetence is his dis associative identity disorder. He's basically a sick fanatic playing a hero.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn your right! Moon Knight needs a return. Age of Ultron could serve as a clue to it. But I don't like the no-power idea, I mean, MK aint actually just a clone of Batman as most call him. He's more: a special part of his personality is egyptian-supernaturality. Khonsu giving Spector ALL of his power seems cool: deemons, vampires, werewolfs and other ghost-like creatures along with viglante, not these stupid street-dirtbags, but someone tougher, Bushman at least.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he could go to an

ALternate Dimension

and come back as a super-mage. How would that tie into the main stories they plan years in advance tho,,.

Where is that picture form?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bystander
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@metatron_da_don said:

Maybe he could go to an

ALternate Dimension

and come back as a super-mage. How would that tie into the main stories they plan years in advance tho,,.

Earth X

I really like the idea of Moon Knight's mask being bandages wrapped around his head

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@jonny_anonymous said:

This!

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bystander

@cyberwarrior said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@metatron_da_don said:

Maybe he could go to an

ALternate Dimension

Earth X

I really like the idea of Moon Knight's mask being bandages wrapped around his head

I prefer his "Vengeance" style suit, combining Egyptian Mythology with Hi-tech is just what MK needs.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Don't worry, they always bring Moon Knight back after short little breaks. As for what should happen...I'd really like to see him come back in a Marvel/DC crossover, but since that's never gonna happen, I think it would be cool if he returns with Thor-like abilities. His powers are descended from a God after all.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind said:

Don't worry, they always bring Moon Knight back after short little breaks. As for what should happen...I'd really like to see him come back in a Marvel/DC crossover, but since that's never gonna happen, I think it would be cool if he returns with Thor-like abilities. His powers are descended from a God after all.

Totaly. Smash walls, chat with ghosts, fight demons.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, a half year past and no clue... Patience - is our main friend fellows... patience...

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deathstroke19
    Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow i can't believe i forgot about this thread, i guess Marvel came through on the comicvine boards looked up this up awhile back and that's why we have such a fantastic Moon Knight series now ^____^

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bystander

@hushofthewind: HAHAHAHA...)

I hope that the next topic they'l look at will be this one:

http://www.comicvine.com/moon-knight/4005-1493/forums/moon-knight-movie-tv-1584443/#4

^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.