Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Moon knight movie/Tv?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think Marvel would ever make a Tv show with Moon Knight?I mean he's pretty violent if we go by his 2007 run by Charlie Huston.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd prefer a TV series rather than a movie tbh. Some supernatural elements coupled with a bit of detective work would make for a great TV show. Think of it as a blend between Elementary, True Detective and Supernatural.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'd prefer a TV series rather than a movie tbh. Some supernatural elements coupled with a bit of detective work would make for a great TV show. Think of it as a blend between Elementary, True Detective and Supernatural.

Agreed. But it needs to be done by a studio like HBO, not a network that is scared/unable to push the envelope.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench: True. NBC maybe? Hannibal is pretty brutal. I really do think that Marvel needs to create a TV universe as well, and Moon Knight (and most street characters for that matter) is perfect for it.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DanialCarroll

I think I'd prefer a TV show to a movie as well. I guess it depends on the Netflix shows' success as to whether Marvel will branch out into other characters.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love both very much. Though, if the show would be too cheap I'd better go with the movie.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I'm really hoping that he, along with Punisher, get miniseries following Netflix's Defenders initiative.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love both very much. Though, if the show would be too cheap I'd better go with the movie.

TV shows have much bigger budgets nowadays. Just see the Flash pilot. And besides, if Arrow is possible to be adapted, I don't see why Moon Knight isn't. Especially if you go with the Ellis version, which is pretty much a detective type of story, you don't need that much CGI.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kostisfire: Is it (flash) out already? Really gotta watch it.

Well, Ellis's MK really is a detective, but don't forget all the action episodes, such as complicated fight choreography (#5) and flying around with a cape (#2). Plus the mistical elemets (#3-4) that are suposed to be CGI.

Anyways, maybe something between will do? Imagine a Sherlock and Supernatural blend!

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I believe they announced one awhile back but its been in limbo

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

A Moon Knight TV series would be awesome, but I'd also like to see him show up in a Secret Avengers movie.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Well, Ellis's MK really is a detective, but don't forget all the action episodes, such as complicated fight choreography (#5) and flying around with a cape (#2). Plus the mistical elemets (#3-4) that are suposed to be CGI.

Anyways, maybe something between will do? Imagine a Sherlock and Supernatural blend!

There is a Flash screener floating around on torrent sites. It looks amazing! I hope they can keep that level of FX up though. A lot of sci-fi shows start off with an expensive pilot but then trim their CGI budget almost straight away. Doing that on a superhero series would mean certain cancellation.

As for an MK series, I can't really see it needing any bigger budget than Arrow, even with the mystical stuff, because it's downplayed and street-level.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal blend would be Mr. Knight working as a councelor for the NYPD (or any police for that matter) and solving the weird cases that they can't. Basically almost every episode would be supernatural in nature (from a possesed thug, to a satanist cult, to a vampire), but there would be some exceptions, which would be more "grounded".

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

There is a Flash screener floating around on torrent sites. It looks amazing! I hope they can keep that level of FX up though. A lot of sci-fi shows start off with an expensive pilot but then trim their CGI budget almost straight away. Doing that on a superhero series would mean certain cancellation.

As for an MK series, I can't really see it needing any bigger budget than Arrow, even with the mystical stuff, because it's downplayed and street-level.

True that. MK's supernatural threats don't go above werewolves and vampires. He doesn't battle demons and hellspawns (for the most part).

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danial79: If we will get a MK show, then I hope it's budget would higher than the one "Arrow" has. Somewhere closer to "Flash" would be optimal.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'd love a HBO Moon Knight series. That would literately be my happy place.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a series on Moon Knight, but I'm content with Daredevil for the moment. I don't want to push my luck.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bystander

@ms-lola: Of course DD coming to the screen again is really cool,but how exactly cood it affect Moon Knight? ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior said:

@ms-lola: Of course DD coming to the screen again is really cool,but how exactly cood it affect Moon Knight? ;)

I'm a bit of a jinx (which is what my luck comment was for), but on a more intelligent level, I don't know if two heroes working the New York streets at night could be pitched at the same time and sell with the networks. Though for me as a big fan of both, I would watch it.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Both work in the night of New York, huh? Perhaps you're right... That could end up sadly.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kostisfire

I myself would relocate MK to LA. Too many heroes on New York already and it'd make for some interesting stories.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bystander

@kostisfire: No-no-no! MK belongs in New York, man!)

Plus, since DareDevil and Punisher aren't in NY anymore, I wouldn't say that there's to much heroes in this city.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.