Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

MK#12 - Last one, no more Bendis, no more of Maleev crappy art!!!

• 126 results
    jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jkeener71

@The Impersonator said:

Moon Knight should deserve his own movie.

He should, but the way things are going, i doubt it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By jkeener71
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

I'd rather want that they kill of the character Moon Knight off screen, and never acknowledge him again.

Why would someone with the username "MoonKnightFan" want that?

Either he's really angry, or trolling.

I don't want the character to suffer anymore. Look at his most recent run, Avenger-Man, really? Just put him out of his misery.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @MoonKnightFan123 said:

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

I'd rather want that they kill of the character Moon Knight off screen, and never acknowledge him again.

I don't want the character to suffer anymore. Look at his most recent run, Avenger-Man, really? Just put him out of his misery.

Worse has happened to other characters.
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadmaster said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

Why does it matter? Why should they continue to get him his own series only for it to fail? He's just one of the hundreds of superheroes. Why don't they let Moon Knight die with some dignity, and kill him off. That way, we can, I don't know, have some series that are actually well written and unique, instead of the millionth generic superhero comic books.

@jkeener71 said:

@The Impersonator said:

You might as well say this about other heroes. What makes Moon Knight so special? Why should he get his own movie? The writers don't even know what direction to put him in, so why would a movie work?

And in the eyes of movie executives, a B-list character like this does not have high chances of being successful, and thus not invest in this.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By foolkiller1

@MoonKnightFan123: Right, because blade failed.

MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolkiller1 said:

Popularity does not equal a good film. Blade had mixed reviews at best. At least the film was able to disguise itself as a vampire action film. Moon Knight is caped superhero. And everyone knows how those are respected. Remember Ben Affleck? He played Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil. He looked back on the film with shame, seeing it as an embarrassment, how wearing tights was humiliating.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @MoonKnightFan123 said:

@dreadmaster said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

Why does it matter? Why should they continue to get him his own series only for it to fail? He's just one of the hundreds of superheroes. Why don't they let Moon Knight die with some dignity, and kill him off. That way, we can, I don't know, have some series that are actually well written and unique, instead of the millionth generic superhero comic books.

Because Moon Knight, as long as he's written and drawn well, will always have a fanbase. I am a Moon Knight fan that doesn't want to see the character killed off. But neither me or you can decide that. And it should rightfully stay that way.
    foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By foolkiller1

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

Popularity does not equal a good film. Blade had mixed reviews at best. At least the film was able to disguise itself as a vampire action film. Moon Knight is caped superhero. And everyone knows how those are respected. Remember Ben Affleck? He played Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil. He looked back on the film with shame, seeing it as an embarrassment, how wearing tights was humiliating.

1: I didn't say anything about daredevil

2:I didn't say anything about blade being a good or bad film because it was popular.

3:You said B-list characters don't have a high chance at being successful. Blade obviously proves that assertion wrong.

moon knight could have a good, successful movie, granted it would be a harder sale then blade. As I've said before, no character is incapable of success.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By KenTheProfile

@jkeener71:

Yeah how dare Bendis try something diffrent. the idea was actually a good one. The one thing that makes moonknight just more the a more sadistic Batman knock off is his D.I.D. why not have him think he is the avengers then just some nobodies.

MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KenTheProfile said:

@jkeener71:

Yeah how dare Bendis try something diffrent. the idea was actually a good one. The one thing that makes moonknight just more the a more sadistic Batman knock off is his D.I.D. why not have him think he is the avengers then just some nobodies.

That is just your opinion. Bendis is most of times a pretty mediocre writer. This was one of them. It's either lots of balloons or no small balloons with groans.

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jkeener71

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@jkeener71 said:

@The Impersonator said:

You might as well say this about other heroes. What makes Moon Knight so special? Why should he get his own movie? The writers don't even know what direction to put him in, so why would a movie work?

And in the eyes of movie executives, a B-list character like this does not have high chances of being successful, and thus not invest in this.

What makes Moon Knight special or any other comic book character to someone is going to vary/differ. I just know that I have always liked Moon Knight and he is still my favorite hero, through the good and the bad. The fact that he is not well-known and obscure makes me like him even more.

Anything, movie, tv series, graphic novel, etc that feature Moon Knight is something I want to see/experience. Hopefully good, but of course that is always up for interpretation.

Make Mine Moon Knight!!!!!

MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkeener71 said:

What makes Moon Knight special or any other comic book character to someone is going to vary/differ. I just know that I have always liked Moon Knight and he is still my favorite hero, through the good and the bad. The fact that he is not well-known and obscure makes me like him even more.

That´s because you're a gosh darn hipster contrarian.

Anything, movie, tv series, graphic novel, etc that feature Moon Knight is something I want to see/experience. Hopefully good, but of course that is always up for interpretation.

Make Mine Moon Knight!!!!

What if it the Moon Knight film was bad and unfaithful? Like Moon nipples. and corny jokes. Anyone remember Constantine?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By DanialCarroll

@jkeener71 said:

The fact that he is not well-known and obscure makes me like him even more.

I'm the same. Though it's a fine line because obscurity equals less appearances. However, less appearances means each appearance holds more weight and value :)

jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jkeener71

@MoonKnightFan123 said:

@jkeener71 said:

What if it the Moon Knight film was bad and unfaithful? Like Moon nipples. and corny jokes. Anyone remember Constantine?

LOL @ the Hipster comment. All I going to say to that is "AM NOT!"

So what if it was? There are good movies made everyday, and every once in awhile, some really good ones. Let's be honest, the way Moon Knight is going he probably won't get his own movie any time soon, or maybe never.

Do I still want them to make one? HELL YES! Will I go see it? HELL YES AGAIN!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @Billy Batson said:

Didn't know that people hated the art. I thought most loved it.
    BB

It was arguably the best part of the series.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By Billy Batson

@Illuminatus said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Nah, the writing was.
    BB

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @Billy Batson said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Nah, the writing was.
    BB

The dialogue and characterization of Marc-multiple personalities aside-was excellent. One thing Bendis knows is how to create tormented, brooding street-fairing heroes/anti-heroes that completely deny that things will ever get better. Things will always get progressively worse, almost as if all of reality has turned against them.

The multiple personalities never really made sense, and the fact that it just happens to be three of Marvel's most popular characters of all time speaks volumes about where Bendis stopped trying to create an interesting plot.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#120  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @MoonKnightFan123 said:
    @jkeener71 said:

that was a good film
    jkeener71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By jkeener71

@spiderbat87 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:
    @jkeener71 said:

that was a good film

Unfortunately some people think their opinions applies to all.

MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkeener71 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@MoonKnightFan123 said:
    @jkeener71 said:

that was a good film

Unfortunately some people think their opinions applies to all.

I'm just saying, Constantine wasn't a very faithful adaptation.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By KenTheProfile

@MoonKnightFan123: yes and no was it faithful in the sense it was a blond english prick wizard? no but it was faithful in sprit.

ScrubbedOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ScrubbedOut

Wow. Read all of this and was shocked. I was a huge Deadpool fan, but could honestly careless about Deadpool since reading this series. This series made me go out and buy every collected edition and essentials volume I could find. I've read everything I could buy locally, and am waiting for online orders of the stuff I couldn't get here. So far I absolutely love everything I've read. Although I will admit I'm slowly getting through the essentials as the black and white is proving to be a bit of a grind to read. But through all of it. This series has to be my favorite. By far. I loved the writing and the art. I'm just so confused how it could be so hated.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Matchstick

@ScrubbedOut said:

Wow. Read all of this and was shocked. I was a huge Deadpool fan, but could honestly careless about Deadpool since reading this series. This series made me go out and buy every collected edition and essentials volume I could find. I've read everything I could buy locally, and am waiting for online orders of the stuff I couldn't get here. So far I absolutely love everything I've read. Although I will admit I'm slowly getting through the essentials as the black and white is proving to be a bit of a grind to read. But through all of it. This series has to be my favorite. By far. I loved the writing and the art. I'm just so confused how it could be so hated.

Part of it some people will hate on anything Bendis does, no matter what. The other part is that it took Moon Knight in a completely random and unwanted direction. Go read Vengeance of Moon Knight and compare it to this series. The charater of MK is completely different in the Bendis book and not in a good way. If they would have gotten rid of the 'I think I'm spiderman, wolverine and Captain America' crap, then people would have liked the series waaaaay more.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#126  Edited By DanialCarroll

@Matchstick said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

Part of it some people will hate on anything Bendis does, no matter what. The other part is that it took Moon Knight in a completely random and unwanted direction. Go read Vengeance of Moon Knight and compare it to this series. The charater of MK is completely different in the Bendis book and not in a good way. If they would have gotten rid of the 'I think I'm spiderman, wolverine and Captain America' crap, then people would have liked the series waaaaay more.

Agreed. If it wasn't for the "Avengers In My Head" aspect, I would have rated this series much higher. It just has no relevance to the character at all. Bendis had the idea that Jake Lockley and Steven Grant were multiple personalities of Marc's, where in everything I've ever read, they were nothing more than guises to gather intel. The only voice in Marc's head has ever been Khonshu, but it's debatable that he is actually real, so that doesn't count either. Bottom line, Marc Spector does not have multiple personality disorder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.