Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Give Moon knight powers.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foolkiller1

I think giving him powers would make moon knight sell better in at least one way by giving him a better class of enemy to fight. It would be obviously hard to create powers unique to moon knight as they've all been created. My perfect power set for moon knight would be ghost powers. Invisibility, intangibility, and the cliched super strength, speed, reflexes and agility, but all spread out over different phases of the moon. It'd be interesting to see him fight a powerful enemy at night but doesn't have the right power set to defeat him without collateral damage. I want to stress this is MY ideal power set for moon knight. what powers would you like to see for moon knight if any?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll

@foolkiller1: I like the idea of Moon-based powers, but not the reality of them. His rogues would eventually make the connection and attack him only during a new moon. I do think something like invisibility would prove valuable as he's generally been treated as a stealthy character.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By mavfan626

Be cool if Moon Knight got a healing factor..

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RoboShark
    No Caption Provided

Nah he should just always don that fucking suit.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By foolkiller1

@Danial79 said:

@foolkiller1: I like the idea of Moon-based powers, but not the reality of them. His rogues would eventually make the connection and attack him only during a new moon. I do think something like invisibility would prove valuable as he's generally been treated as a stealthy character.

I do think he should have powers during a new moon, maybe a default power set he would have at all times, even during the day, like the low level powers he had in the hulk back up stories.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By foolkiller1

@RoboShark: Ha, James Bond moon knight?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

Moon Knight Originally had low level super strength that increased or decreased depending on the phases of the moon. They got ret coned out

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RoboShark

@foolkiller1 said:

@RoboShark: Ha, James Bond moon knight?

One way of putting it.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Maybe low level powers like his previous prophetic visions.

I do think he should still use his Carbonadium armour and carry his cresent moon-hilt katana.

ShadowMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowMoses

I think giving him powers would make the character more interesting while bringing more sales, and I'm not saying that because I'm a fan. moon wanning/waxing based powers are unique and different. I like his original powers but the ghost powers sound cool too. I think he should have low level gravity manipulation.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@RoboShark: What issue is that from? He looks boss!

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Rumble Man

Super strength, a la garth ennis the boys

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By foolkiller1

@Hit_Monkey said:

@RoboShark: What issue is that from? He looks boss!

Secret Avengers #19

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blueduck

This is just an idea but what giving him powers that dramatically change for each phase of the moon. Like he would have totally different powers for each stage the moon is in. That way he would have to keep track of what he was and so would his enemies. It would also allow him to do different things all the time keeping the stories from getting stale.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @foolkiller1: On a New Moon his powers should be intangibility and invisibility but as each moon phase changes his "ghost" powers weaken but his strength and invulnerability increases being at it's strongest during a Full Moon. Not too strong though, still street level  
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@foolkiller1: On a New Moon his powers should be intangibility and invisibility but as each moon phase changes his "ghost" powers weaken but his strength and invulnerability increases being at it's strongest during a Full Moon. Not too strong though, still street level

I like that idea

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @daredevil21134 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@foolkiller1: On a New Moon his powers should be intangibility and invisibility but as each moon phase changes his "ghost" powers weaken but his strength and invulnerability increases being at it's strongest during a Full Moon. Not too strong though, still street level

I like that idea

yea, it would be a cool way to shake things up but still keep him from being overpowered 
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Also I wouldn't mind Moon Knight swapping deity's for a while. Thoth is also an Egyptian god of the moon and he is also the balance between good and evil making sure nether one overtakes the other, I think he's a good fit for the Moon Knight mythos   

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By foolkiller1

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

That's a good idea. I always thought he should have low level mysticism, in the style of ancient Egyptian necromancy, he could kill henchmen and temporarily resurrect them to fight with him against one of his villains.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Jonny_Anonymous said:
    Also I wouldn't mind Moon Knight swapping deity's for a while. Thoth is also an Egyptian god of the moon and he is also the balance between good and evil making sure nether one overtakes the other, I think he's a good fit for the Moon Knight mythos   
    @foolkiller1
    foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By foolkiller1

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
    Also I wouldn't mind Moon Knight swapping deity's for a while. Thoth is also an Egyptian god of the moon and he is also the balance between good and evil making sure nether one overtakes the other, I think he's a good fit for the Moon Knight mythos
    @foolkiller1:

They really should incorporate more Egyptian mythology in the moon knight stories, like have him fight Apophis or Seth. It feels like a wasted opportunity.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FuriousWeasel

Has MK ever met any members of Earth Force?, given their similar origins (Powers/Costumed identities from a member of the Egyptian Pantheon) I thought a team-up would be obvious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.