Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Confused about Shadowland Moon Knight... what was the purpose?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

I just got done reading the Shadowland series, I've been following it issue by issue, and I'm confused. The Shadowland Moon Knight tie-ins had MK hunting down this cresent that supposedly would kill the beast inside Daredevil, and in SL MK #3 he finally got it. I just read Shadowland #5 and expected MK to be in it with the cresent in hand to defeat Daredevil, but instead he wasn't even in it and Iron Fist defeated him with his chi instead. What was the purpose of the SL MK series then? 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The purpose was to help boost Moon Knight's popularity for his upcoming appearances in his new book and Heroes for Hire.He honestly had no reason to have a Shadowland tie-in as far as the story was concerned.

Avatar image for chickenmonkey707
    Chickenmonkey707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chickenmonkey707

It's really sad that this had no real purpose other than a quick way to make MK crazy again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed SL: MK, but I sorely wish they had just continues VOTMK until his insanity was restored. They could have had the same things happening, just without the Shadowland stuff that had no real purpose whatsoever. In my opinion they could have made it five times better by just continuing Vengeance. Marvel just doesn't treat Moon Knight the way they should sometimes.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

That's a shame. I was hoping it would have some relevance : /

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice

money 

it is indeed a shame, but hey, more exposure means more likely there will be a movie, or at least a tv show
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By G Bird

Yeah I'm sure money was a big reason, and also to get him more well-known for Heroes For Hire and other upcoming projects. I'm just really dissapointed that the story didn't have as much of an impact on Shadowland as they made it seem like it would. Oh well, at least he got more exposure, gotta look at the bright side. And by the way, MK kicked ass in Heroes For Hire #1, I hope he plays a big part in that series. I hate that he hasn't been in the last 2 issues of Secret Avengers even though he was on the cover for the latest one. I hate when they decieve us with false covers.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By daredevil21134

me too
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

That sapphire crescent thing was so misleading. It never even showed up in SL#5. Its only right that they now overlook the personality change that took place in the mini.

SystemID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SystemID

There was no purpose in my eyes.

I was upset.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird:  He wasn't in the last 3 secret avenger books, Its annoying ain't it?
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird:  He wasn't in the last 3 secret avenger books, Its annoying ain't it? "
    He's not!?! That's even more disappointing. Have they explained his absence?
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By G Bird
    @Metatron_Da_Don said:
    " That sapphire crescent thing was so misleading. It never even showed up in SL#5. Its only right that they now overlook the personality change that took place in the mini. "
    I don't think they should overlook the personality change, that would just mess things up. Plus, I think a lot of people (including myself) are happy that he's back to killing when necessary.

@warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird:  He wasn't in the last 3 secret avenger books, Its annoying ain't it? "
    Damn has it been 3? I thought it was 2, but yeah it is annoying especially when he's on the cover but not in the issue.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Just a tactic by Marvel to make more money. Instead of continuing VOMK at $2.99 a pop they put the Shadowland tag on it and make it $3.99.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Danial79 said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    He's not!?! That's even more disappointing. Have they explained his absence? "
    He's getting a solo book and he's going to be on another team (Heroes For Hire in Feb.)
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By IrishX
    @Danial79 said:
     "He's not!?! That's even more disappointing. Have they explained his absence? "

He's not the only character that's been absent from the series.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By warcorpse
    @IrishX: True war machine has been totally invisible.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DanialCarroll

What's the point of having a "team" if some of the members aren't even there? Unless it's explained somehow.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By G Bird
    @warcorpse said:
    " @IrishX: True war machine has been totally invisible. "
    Yeah, and Beast has been pretty sparse too.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DanialCarroll

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just read Shadowland: MK tonight, and the one thing that really confused me was... how is Randall even in it? He was Hatchetman for a while and then got some weird powers in Marc Spector: Moon Knight, but he was also killed in that series (see below). There has never been a mention of him joining the army, let alone having energy beams from his eyes. If he is somehow back from the dead, then surely Marc would have said something about that when first seeing him. What is with these Moon Knight writers just making shit up!?!

No Caption Provided
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By daredevil21134

I think its best everybody forget Shadowland ever happened

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DanialCarroll

I've been reading Marc Spector: Moon Knight again lately, and I really can't see why they would have brought Randall back without any reference to the event I mentioned above. I really wish these writers would do their research.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.