Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1414 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Can someone explain Seth the Immortal to me?

Avatar image for giantsizemanthing
    GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

Probably the most complicated of moon knight's villains. I read his page and it's confusing as all hell. I've never read any of the issues he was in so that's probably why I don't get it. I would have done this on Seth's page but, obviously, he doesn't get a lot of traffic.

help me out.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DanialCarroll

@GiantsizeManThing: You're right, it is confusing. I've only ever skim-read that part of MS:MK when I was checking character appearances a while ago, so I'm not sure about him either. All I remember was that Moon Knight and Frenchie were both his descendants or something, which would make them part demon. This aspect of his continuity has never been mentioned since, however :P

GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@Danial79: It might be interesting to see him reinvented as a Dr.Doom/Machiavelli type of villain.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

@GiantsizeManThing said:

@Danial79: It might be interesting to see him reinvented as a Dr.Doom/Machiavelli type of villain.

There are plenty of Moon Knight rogues who could have been brought back (with a little updating) as decent villains, which is one of the things I didn't like about the new series. Why use an old Avengers villain?

GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@Danial79: Cause Bendis has a morbid fascination with all things avengers?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

@GiantsizeManThing said:

@Danial79: Cause Bendis has a morbid fascination with all things avengers?

yup

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By comkid100

Its been a while since I've read that volume of Moon knight but the basic plot is that Seth is an immortal demon that want to rule the world is his demon army. Seth is Marcs ancestor and due to genetics also makes Marc part demon (it has been hinted at that how Marc keeps coming back from the dead). Frenchie also has a bloodline power, he is allowed to become any of his ancestors and the only person who could stop Seth, he is told this by Chloe (the maid that worked for Marc and dated Frenchie). She was basically a spy that worked for the Templar order or something like that. You can see why it has never been touched on again because it is confusing as hell.

GiantsizeManThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiantsizeManThing

@comkid100: It IS confusing, but anyway, thanks for the explanation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.