Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Bendis/Maleev "Moon Knight #1" on May 4th

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

I just read on www.tfaw.com that Moon Knight #1 be released on May 4th. I know release dates can change but I figured you guys would wanna know this seeing as I've also been wondering when in May it would come out. For as much as I dread thinking about how much this is gonna screw up Moon Knight, I'm actually looking forward to it coming out just for the simple fact that I need my Moon Knight fix. It's still not stopping me from throwing salt at Bendis on twitter :)

coolbeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coolbeans

Hopefully it brings Bendis back to the days when he was writing Daredevil, now that was actually good Bendis stuff back then.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @coolbeans said:
    " Hopefully it brings Bendis back to the days when he was writing Daredevil, now that was actually good Bendis stuff back then. "
    We ORIGINALLY thought that. Now that he practically CONFIRMED he's screwing up Moon Knight, I'm very uneasy.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

Have you guys seen the preview art yet? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Oh golly! Look at that! Wolverine, Spider-man, and Captain America! All the people Moon Knight will think he is! HOW MOTHERF***KING CONVIENIENT. 

F**k this sh*t.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warcorpse
    @InnerVenom123: IT SUCKS! but it looks good.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @warcorpse: It doesn't even look that amazing art wise. Finch was better. 

Again:

F**k this sh*t.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By G Bird

I do really like the artwork but I'm still pissed about what Bendis is going to do with the writing.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird: Agreed. I'm so goddamned conflicted.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Oh golly! Look at that! Wolverine, Spider-man, and Captain America! All the people Moon Knight will think he is! HOW MOTHERF***KING CONVENIENT. "
    Let me guess, even though it shows no dialogue, he's being told off by them all for his "heavy-handed" actions, and so when runs away to LA, he wants to be more like them to prove he's worthy. 

If that is how it goes down, then Bendis is a terrible writer. For the sake of Moon Knight, let's hope I'm wrong...
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By G Bird

I wonder who the hell he's fighting.... maybe it's that new L.A. crime boss Bendis was talking about? I hope not because that dude doesn't look very boss to me.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Danial79 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Oh golly! Look at that! Wolverine, Spider-man, and Captain America! All the people Moon Knight will think he is! HOW MOTHERF***KING CONVENIENT. "
    Let me guess, even though it shows no dialogue, he's being told off by them all for his "heavy-handed" actions, and so when runs away to LA, he wants to be more like them to prove he's worthy. 

If that is how it goes down, then Bendis is a terrible writer. For the sake of Moon Knight, let's hope I'm wrong... "
    It probably will go down exactly like that. He'll probably even use the phrase "heavy handed".
    Avatar image for gentleman_ghost
    Gentleman Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gentleman Ghost
    @G Bird said:

" I wonder who the hell he's fighting.... maybe it's that new L.A. crime boss Bendis was talking about? I hope not because that dude doesn't look very boss to me. "

Bendis said that LA's Kingpin is the villain he alredady wrote about. This guy isn't look like a villain from DD, Avengers or even Alias. I think, The Boss is probably Daken. 

And i want to ask: IS IT DEAD FRENCHIE?! 
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" @warcorpse: It doesn't even look that amazing art wise. Finch was better. 

Again:

F**k this sh*t.

"
    As much as like Finch's Moon Knight, but David isn't even in the same class with Maleev. 
    @Danial79: Steve Rogers in Captain America costume make me think, that it is already in Moon Knight.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G Bird
    @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

" I wonder who the hell he's fighting.... maybe it's that new L.A. crime boss Bendis was talking about? I hope not because that dude doesn't look very boss to me. "

Bendis said that LA's Kingpin is the villain he alredady wrote about. This guy isn't look like a villain from DD, Avengers or even Alias. I think, The Boss is probably Daken. 

What do you mean by "Is it dead Frenchie?" Frenchie isn't dead and your question really doesn't make sense.
    Avatar image for gentleman_ghost
    Gentleman Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gentleman Ghost
    @G Bird: in preview on the first page there is a guy, who looks pretty much like Frenchie (I think).
    xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xlizen

Will buy this to support Moon Knight. If Bendis does manage to make Moon Knight more popular, maybe he can go back to being bugged by Khonshu and we can see Stephen and Jake again in the long run. I'm just gonna tough through it.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By warcorpse
    @Danial79: Who's the guy moon knight is fighting in the last couple of panels?
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bearded Justice

i'll buy it... but i wont like it
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @xlizen said:
    " Will buy this to support Moon Knight. If Bendis does manage to make Moon Knight more popular, maybe he can go back to being bugged by Khonshu and we can see Stephen and Jake again in the long run. I'm just gonna tough through it. "
    "I'm gonna support Bendis bringing back Sentry. Maybe, in the end, he'll go back to being a real hero after conquering his fears."

A few years later, Sentry is killed by his fellow Avengers because "it had to be done" after maintaining his total-puss status and just becoming a joke.

Yeah, this won't end well.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Nighthunter

The captain america, wolverine and spider-man there are most likely projections of his multiple personality disorder instead of the real thing. Either that or Steve is becoming Captain America after the trial and it was just spoiled.

I'll go with the first

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @warcorpse said:
    " @Danial79: Who's the guy moon knight is fighting in the last couple of panels? "
    Don't know. There was no descriptions with the pages.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

What do you mean by "Is it dead Frenchie?" Frenchie isn't dead and your question really doesn't make sense. "
    Maybe he's gonna kill Frenchie.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By G Bird
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

What do you mean by "Is it dead Frenchie?" Frenchie isn't dead and your question really doesn't make sense. "
    Maybe he's gonna kill Frenchie. "
    Even I don't think Bendis will go that far to wreck Moon Knight for us, but I guess you never know.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

Even I don't think Bendis will go that far to wreck Moon Knight for us, but I guess you never know. "
    Did you see how far he went with Daredevil, though?
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By G Bird
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

Even I don't think Bendis will go that far to wreck Moon Knight for us, but I guess you never know. "
    Did you see how far he went with Daredevil, though? "
    Nope, the first time I read Daredevil was in the Shadowland series. And the only reason I read Shadowland was because of Moon Knight's involvement. I bought every single issue involving that series.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @G Bird said:

Did you see how far he went with Daredevil, though? "
    Nope, the first time I read Daredevil was in the Shadowland series. And the only reason I read Shadowland was because of Moon Knight's involvement. I bought every single issue involving that series. "
    The Daredevil run was good, but it was really f-ed up as well. At one point, I recall people being afraid of Matt Murdock, hoping they wouldn't sue them for the smallest things.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanialCarroll

The first pages are just the obligatory origin story... seeing as no one would know his history already *rolls eyes* sigh...

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By moviegeek17

Cant wait for this series to come out! I just hope it lasts longer than his last one did.

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Danial79 said:
    " The first pages are just the obligatory origin story... seeing as no one would know his history already *rolls eyes* sigh... "
    Not that Bendis really CARES about his history anyways.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @Danial79 said:
    " The first pages are just the obligatory origin story... seeing as no one would know his history already *rolls eyes* sigh... "
    Not that Bendis really CARES about his history anyways. "
    This.
    xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xlizen
    @moviegeek17:  Totally agree with you!
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By G Bird
    @moviegeek17 said:
    " Cant wait for this series to come out! I just hope it lasts longer than his last one did. "
    If it can't last 10 issues they shouldn't even put the damn thing out! I want a MK series to last longer than 60 issues, seeing as that's the record for a MK series.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @G Bird said:
    " @moviegeek17 said:
    " Cant wait for this series to come out! I just hope it lasts longer than his last one did. "
    If it can't last 10 issues they shouldn't even put the damn thing out! I want a MK series to last longer than 60 issues, seeing as that's the record for a MK series. "
    Just think, if the original Moon Knight series had kept going, they'd be up to Issue #360 by now!!
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I truly believe that if Bendis were to be gruesomely murdered, and the Jury was made of intelligent comic book readers, the killer would be found not guilty. After all, he's a serial killer of characters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Bendis\Maleev did Daredevil v2 for a while and it was amazing.I expect the same here.No cop outs and no nonsense.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Vance Astro said:

" Bendis\Maleev did Daredevil v2 for a while and it was amazing.I expect the same here.No cop outs and no nonsense. "

It's not the same Bendis. This Bendis is a drooling halfwit writing glorified fanfiction.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

" Bendis\Maleev did Daredevil v2 for a while and it was amazing.I expect the same here.No cop outs and no nonsense. "

It's not the same Bendis. This Bendis is a drooling halfwit writing glorified fanfiction. "
    Bendis has maintained his ability to write good stories with solo books.If this was going to be a team..I would have 0 hope for it at all.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DanialCarroll

The Spidey/Wolverine/Cap thing is all I'm really worried about. Hopefully that aspect doesn't last long...

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By G Bird
    @Danial79 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @moviegeek17 said:
    If it can't last 10 issues they shouldn't even put the damn thing out! I want a MK series to last longer than 60 issues, seeing as that's the record for a MK series. "
    Just think, if the original Moon Knight series had kept going, they'd be up to Issue #360 by now!! "
    I never thought of that, but that would be awesome! I doubt' he'll ever break #60 though.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By G Bird
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I truly believe that if Bendis were to be gruesomely murdered, and the Jury was made of intelligent comic book readers, the killer would be found not guilty. After all, he's a serial killer of characters. "
    LOL I had to read that twice to understand what you were saying. But yeah, I believe you're absolutely right!
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By warcorpse
    @Danial79 said:
    " The Spidey/Wolverine/Cap thing is all I'm really worried about. Hopefully that aspect doesn't last long... "
    Agreed, I can't imagine Moon Knight cracking jokes during combat.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @warcorpse said:
    " @Danial79 said:
    " The Spidey/Wolverine/Cap thing is all I'm really worried about. Hopefully that aspect doesn't last long... "
    Agreed, I can't imagine Moon Knight cracking jokes during combat. "
    Or saying 'bub'
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By warcorpse
    @ReverseNegative: Oh, God it's horrible. 
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By G Bird
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Vance Astro said:

It's not the same Bendis. This Bendis is a drooling halfwit writing glorified fanfiction. "
    Don't have such high expectations this time around Vance, you'll only be dissappointed. FadeToBlackBolt said it best ^^^
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @warcorpse said:
    " @Danial79 said:
    OH GOD. 

@ReverseNegative said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    " @Danial79 said:
    Or saying 'bub' "

Kills self

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.