Follow

Moon Knight

Character » Moon Knight appears in 1412 issues.

Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight!

Bendis and Maleev talk about the new series.

• 90 results
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    "Image could pull off MK's violence.  But that won't ever happen, ever. Marvel doesn't care enough to sell him. Lol.  A Spawn/Moon Knight crossover would be balls out amazing. "
    Yeah, but Image doesn't have the greatest writers. Maybe Vertigo... "
    Kirkman.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    "Image could pull off MK's violence.  But that won't ever happen, ever. Marvel doesn't care enough to sell him. Lol.  A Spawn/Moon Knight crossover would be balls out amazing. "
    Yeah, but Image doesn't have the greatest writers. Maybe Vertigo... "
    Kirkman. "

Kirkman is already doing, like, 3 other comics. He wouldn't have time.  

Screw it, this is getting off-topic. I'll just make a new topic.
    Cpt. Quor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Cpt. Quor

I can't begin to explain how pissed I am about this, Moon Knight has been one of my favourite characters for years, Vengeance of The Moon Knight was a bloody good series that was finally doing the character justice, I still have no clue why they cancelled it and now to hear it's being replaced by a Moony book that has no Khonshu in and Marc Spector's different personalities are just going to be other (note: more popular) heroes? Absolute bullshit, Marvel can kiss my arse for looking at this terrible pitch and running with it, if it was anyone other than bloody Bendis this would have been laughed out of the building.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Danial79 said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:

" @Danial79 said:
    " I think what has irked me the most is that Bendis thinks Moon Knight has Multiple Personality Disorder... Has he even read a single one of his books? Marc Spector created those personae to perform a role. "
    He claimed to read up on his history.... he just forgot to mention that it was wikipedia.... "
    I think Bendis just likes giving characters mental disorders. Sure MK was a little looney before, but he's never had Dissociative Identity Disorder until this coming May. "
    Also, I just read "Heroes For Hire" #3. Guess what vigilante appears and is listed as having multiple personalities under his name? Yeah, you guessed it.

ಠ_ಠ
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By G Bird
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Danial79 said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:

" @Danial79 said:
    " I think what has irked me the most is that Bendis thinks Moon Knight has Multiple Personality Disorder... Has he even read a single one of his books? Marc Spector created those personae to perform a role. "
    He claimed to read up on his history.... he just forgot to mention that it was wikipedia.... "
    I think Bendis just likes giving characters mental disorders. Sure MK was a little looney before, but he's never had Dissociative Identity Disorder until this coming May. "
    Also, I just read "Heroes For Hire" #3. Guess what vigilante appears and is listed as having multiple personalities under his name? Yeah, you guessed it.   ಠ_ಠ "
    I know, I caught that too last week when I got HFH #3. They just had to plug that in for the upcoming series.... lame. I loved the issue though, Moon Knight killing a dinosaur was epic!
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#56  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @warcorpse said:
    " @Danial79: Now we know how sentry fans feel. "
    THANK YOU!
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Marvel doesn't care about ANY OF THEIR CHARACTERS very much. "
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    They care about Spider-Man :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Danial79 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    They care about Spider-Man :P "
    The hell they do! The only one they like is Wolverine, Spidey copped OMD and OMIT and he's on Avengers teams, wtf?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Danial79 said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    They care about Spider-Man :P "
    The hell they do! The only one they like is Wolverine, Spidey copped OMD and OMIT and he's on Avengers teams, wtf? "
    Begone! ASM post NWTD is amazing! :P
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird: You know, he's gonna be producing a TV show to fund his mission in LA, even though he's filthy rich, thats what irks the hell out of me.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By G Bird
    @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird: You know, he's gonna be producing a TV show to fund his mission in LA, even though he's filthy rich, thats what irks the hell out of me. "
    I know, it's stupid. He is an ex-mercenary, no experience or interest at all in Hollywood. Somebody was saying about "Oh well now we'll know how he is rich instead of just saying he is"....  they're obviously not a big MK fan if they don't know he got rich off his mercenary work. The more I think about this series the more it f*cking pisses me off!
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @G Bird said:
    " Somebody was saying about "Oh well now we'll know how he is rich instead of just saying he is".... "
    I think that was actually Bendis that said that :)
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By G Bird
    @Danial79 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " Somebody was saying about "Oh well now we'll know how he is rich instead of just saying he is".... "
    I think that was actually Bendis that said that :) "
    Haha that's just icing on the cake! That definitely backs up our theory that he has done minimal to no background research about Moon Knight.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#65  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Bendis I hope you spend eternety in the underworld being tortured by Khonshu for f#ckin up his boy, what a disgrace

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    " @G Bird: You know, he's gonna be producing a TV show to fund his mission in LA, even though he's filthy rich, thats what irks the hell out of me. "
    I know, it's stupid. He is an ex-mercenary, no experience or interest at all in Hollywood. Somebody was saying about "Oh well now we'll know how he is rich instead of just saying he is"....  they're obviously not a big MK fan if they don't know he got rich off his mercenary work. The more I think about this series the more it f*cking pisses me off! "
    Exactly. Why don't they just get one of us Moon Knight fans to write a legit Moon Knight series? We know the most about Moon Knight, and we know what would make  him awesome
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @warcorpse said:
    WTF?@!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?? 

@spiderbat87 said:
    " Bendis I hope you spend eternety in the underworld being tortured by Khonshu for f#ckin up his boy, what a disgrace "
    QFT.
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FunnyStuff707

So Bendis screws up every character he gets his hands on and pisses off all the fans of said character. Why the hell does Marvel keep giving this guy work?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FunnyStuff707 said:
    " So Bendis screws up every character he gets his hands on and pisses off all the fans of said character. Why the hell does Marvel keep giving this guy work? "
    Because his books sell, apparently.
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FunnyStuff707
    @InnerVenom123: 
    Truth is, I'm probably gonna still buy this series every month for my collector side... I guess it's my kind of fan's fault.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FunnyStuff707 said:
    " @InnerVenom123:  Truth is, I'm probably gonna still buy this series every month for my collector side... I guess it's my kind of fan's fault. "
    I'm boycotting it. If I ever read it, I'll be torrenting it. Not letting one cent go to this idea. 

Now I know how the guys who got pissed off at OMD felt.
    conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By conformist21

i just hope it's just for the first arc at most...

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By warcorpse
    @G Bird: yeah, total bullshit.        @ReverseNegative: Ha, i'm a huge moon knight fan but i can't write for shit, i heard Dan Slott is big moon knight fan himself.
      @InnerVenom123: I KNOW!!!!! the show is gonna be called legends of the khonshu.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @conformist21 said:
    " i just hope it's just for the first arc at most... "
    He said he has a whole year (so 2 arcs) written up already.
    Avatar image for gentleman_ghost
    Gentleman Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Gentleman Ghost

I think, it's great idea.  
    Bendis became famous mostly because of crazy ideas like this one. And, yeah, finally Marc will go out of New York.

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " I think, it's great idea.  Bendis became famous mostly because of crazy ideas like this one. And, yeah, finally Marc will go out of New York. "
    Not necessarily. I personally thought his Daredevil run was amazing, but this is f***ed up.
    Gentleman Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Gentleman Ghost
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " I think, it's great idea.  Bendis became famous mostly because of crazy ideas like this one. And, yeah, finally Marc will go out of New York. "
    Not necessarily. I personally thought his Daredevil run was amazing, but this is f***ed up. "
    Yeah, DD's run is amazing. BUT, even DD has some ideas that looks strange, but works great. 
    To be honest, even Miller's retcon on DD (Elektra, ninjas and stuff) looks silly, but it was so well written so other writers used it too.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By daredevil21134

I think his run on DD is heavily overrated and i'm freaking disturbed to hear whats his gonna do to Moon Knight,two of my favorite characters
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By G Bird
    @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    I know, it's stupid. He is an ex-mercenary, no experience or interest at all in Hollywood. Somebody was saying about "Oh well now we'll know how he is rich instead of just saying he is"....  they're obviously not a big MK fan if they don't know he got rich off his mercenary work. The more I think about this series the more it f*cking pisses me off! "
    Exactly. Why don't they just get one of us Moon Knight fans to write a legit Moon Knight series? We know the most about Moon Knight, and we know what would make  him awesome "
    Anything aside from what Bendis is gonna do sounds better to me. Personally I wouldn't be a good MK writer because I'd obviously be biased, and I wouldn't want to be a writer because I like the suspense and surprises while reading. I just hope we're all overreacting and when the series comes out, we don't hate it. Moon Knight is just too awesome of a character to be pretending to be other heroes... that's what really makes me mad.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    Exactly. Why don't they just get one of us Moon Knight fans to write a legit Moon Knight series? We know the most about Moon Knight, and we know what would make  him awesome "
    Anything aside from what Bendis is gonna do sounds better to me. Personally I wouldn't be a good MK writer because I'd obviously be biased, and I wouldn't want to be a writer because I like the suspense and surprises while reading. I just hope we're all overreacting and when the series comes out, we don't hate it. Moon Knight is just too awesome of a character to be pretending to be other heroes... that's what really makes me mad. "
    the whole thing annoys me, moon knight should be dark and nasty not bouncing around pretending to be spiderman while making movies in LA
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @spiderbat87 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    Anything aside from what Bendis is gonna do sounds better to me. Personally I wouldn't be a good MK writer because I'd obviously be biased, and I wouldn't want to be a writer because I like the suspense and surprises while reading. I just hope we're all overreacting and when the series comes out, we don't hate it. Moon Knight is just too awesome of a character to be pretending to be other heroes... that's what really makes me mad. "
    the whole thing annoys me, moon knight should be dark and nasty not bouncing around pretending to be spiderman while making movies in LA "
    Exactly.
    Gentleman Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Gentleman Ghost
    @spiderbat87 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    the whole thing annoys me, moon knight should be dark and nasty not bouncing around pretending to be spiderman while making movies in LA "
    Batman is dark, but he has persona of Bruce Wayne. Plus, we don't exactly know how he is going to mock Avengers.  
    And let's not forget that not all of the Avengers are perfectly good. Everybody makes mistakes. Maybe, Spector would be mocking heroes' dark side (Spider-Man in black costume etc.)
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Gentleman Ghost: I hope you are right but I cant see it, I love moon knight and Bendis run on Daredevil was good but this just sounds idiotic.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By G Bird
    @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @spiderbat87 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    Batman is dark, but he has persona of Bruce Wayne. Plus, we don't exactly know how he is going to mock Avengers.  And let's not forget that not all of the Avengers are perfectly good. Everybody makes mistakes. Maybe, Spector would be mocking heroes' dark side (Spider-Man in black costume etc.) "
    That still sounds stupid to me. Moon Knight isn't the joking around and mocking people type. I hate the fact that he's going to be copying anybody, no matter it be the Avengers, X-Men, or whoever. He needs to be his own self and go back to serving Khonshu like the end of Shadowland Moon Knight #3 showed.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @Gentleman Ghost said:
    " @spiderbat87 said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:
    " @G Bird said:
    " @warcorpse said:
    Batman is dark, but he has persona of Bruce Wayne. Plus, we don't exactly know how he is going to mock Avengers.  And let's not forget that not all of the Avengers are perfectly good. Everybody makes mistakes. Maybe, Spector would be mocking heroes' dark side (Spider-Man in black costume etc.) "
    That still sounds stupid to me. Moon Knight isn't the joking around and mocking people type. I hate the fact that he's going to be copying anybody, no matter it be the Avengers, X-Men, or whoever. He needs to be his own self and go back to serving Khonshu like the end of Shadowland Moon Knight #3 showed. "
    Exactly. I was really looking forward to it, too. 

The weird part of this whole debate, is that I actually predicted something like this would happen BEFORE they announced it.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By InnerVenom123

The preview with the Avengers thing made me think that Bendis would make him like Batman; where he's an "omega man" or something like that.

Turns out that would have been better than this.

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " The preview with the Avengers thing made me think that Bendis would make him like Batman; where he's an "omega man" or something like that.  Turns out that would have been better than this. "
    I originally thought that Moon Knight would get powers from Khonshu that would let him imitate other superheroes. When I thought of it, I was praying 'God, please don't let me be right.' I wasn't far off.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ReverseNegative said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:

" The preview with the Avengers thing made me think that Bendis would make him like Batman; where he's an "omega man" or something like that.  Turns out that would have been better than this. "
    I originally thought that Moon Knight would get powers from Khonshu that would let him imitate other superheroes. When I thought of it, I was praying 'God, please don't let me be right.' I wasn't far off. "
    "Khonshu! I call upon your power! GIVE ME ORGANIC WEBBING!"

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By FunnyStuff707
    @ReverseNegative: 
    Compared to this, I would be very happy with that idea.
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @ReverseNegative said:

" @InnerVenom123 said:

I originally thought that Moon Knight would get powers from Khonshu that would let him imitate other superheroes. When I thought of it, I was praying 'God, please don't let me be right.' I wasn't far off. "
    "Khonshu! I call upon your power! GIVE ME ORGANIC WEBBING!"

"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.