The Modern Masters series continues its look into the lives and work of today’s top comic-book artists, this time spotlighting Kevin Nowlan! Nowlan is an artist’s artist—highly respected not only by his fans, but by his peers. Cover artist, penciler, inker, letterer, colorist—even writer—he has done it all, and done it masterfully. Kevin’s work on comic-book icons Batman and Superman ranks among the best in those characters’ rich histories! His humorous “Jack B. Quick” feature—co-created with industry legend, Alan Moore—not only allowed him to explore his Mid-Western roots, but won him an Eisner Award along the way! This volume features an in-depth interview with Nowlan, fully illustrated with rare and never-before published artwork, as well as a gallery section of sketches and finished pieces. It’s the ultimate look at a true Modern Master: Kevin Nowlan!
- Part One: I'm Going To Be Drawing Pictures
- Interlude: Under the Influence
- Part Two: Marvel Comics and A Baptism of Fire
- Part Three: Kevin Nowlan: One Man Art Team
- Part Four: Is That Inker... or Finisher?
- Part Five: Jack B. Quick and the Stories of Tomorrow
- Part Six: The Theory Behind "Pet Theory"