Follow

Mjolnir

Object » Mjolnir appears in 3589 issues.

Mjolnir (pronounced myawl-nir) is the enchanted hammer wielded by Thor. It was forged by the dwarf weaponsmiths Brokk and Eitri after a bet with Loki. The name means crusher or grinder.

What makes you worthy to lift Mjolnir?

• 114 results
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack said:

@Pyrogram: Uh I'll look for it. Not sure if it was in Fantastic Four or what because there was no Thor book back then.

Then I guess it must have been a really old issue and written by a writer who does not know the enchantment well. Like Leob.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#102  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: It was 2006 or 2007. That's not that long ago. I also kind thought after the Don Blake story in The Mighty Thor it kind of tip toed around the fact that Thor and Don Blake were essentially the same people.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack said:

@Pyrogram: It was 2006 or 2007. That's not that long ago. I also kind thought after the Don Blake story in The Mighty Thor it kind of tip toed around the fact that Thor and Don Blake were essentially the same people.

They are not the same person at all. Donald blake is not even in 616 anymore. He is sorta dead/trapped somewhere.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: I know he's dead/trapped, and I'm not saying they are even similar in terms of characters. But from the last story I kind of got the impression that Don and Thor are like two different sides of the same soul.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Pyrogram

@Teerack said:

@Pyrogram: I know he's dead/trapped, and I'm saying they are even similar in terms of characters. But from the last story I kind of got the impression that Don and Thor are like two different sides of the same soul.

I don't see it like that, But it is open to interpretation.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Teerack

@Pyrogram: Didn't notice my typo till you quoted me but I meant to say "not saying", and okay.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for manwhobrokethebat
    ManWhoBrokeTheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i think spiderman is worthy to lift mjolnir a man lives with ''with great power comes great responsibility'' philosophy, i think odin should make him a new hammer

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman could lift the Hammer I think that his unwillingness to kill might aid in being worthy instead of being willing to kill. also Captain America does not have a warrior lifestyle therefore Superman could also lift it.

as for Hulk if it was Green Scar Hulk then he might be worthy but any other version not a chance

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Hulk "worthy" to carry Mjolnir- and why does he even NEED to?- he has no need of any weapon save his own pile driving fists!

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: @jorgevy: @pyrogram:

Hey I am starting to think that mjlonir is alive in some form i think that the spell is what gives it its guidelines and the hammer makes it choices according to them.

Also what do you think about jarnborn

I do love it's power and how it can cut/kill anything, I don't like that anyone can take/pick it up and use it which has been done already in the apocalypse twins saga

Another thing that I don't like is that it does not return or allow thor to fly but in other stories thors natural power is weather manipulation and he could use the wind to fly and summon thunderbolts but since we saw thor on his flying goat I guess those powers went out the window. I do not get why odin doesn't help his son out so he would safe and enchant his axe kinda like his hammer , only thor should be able to lift it and a few chosen people by thor, it should return when thrown and the normal weather manipulation and flight.

Farqunglu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I buy everything except for Spider-Man not being honorable

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.