Follow

Mjolnir

Object » Mjolnir appears in 3589 issues.

Mjolnir (pronounced myawl-nir) is the enchanted hammer wielded by Thor. It was forged by the dwarf weaponsmiths Brokk and Eitri after a bet with Loki. The name means crusher or grinder.

Battle Scarred Mjolnir

Eaglewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eaglewood

I found this forum recently and thought that  you all may be interested in these. I am currently working on this one which is almost finished, but I have  some of my own also. 

I also have the Thunderstrike designed as well as this new design which I will be working on soon also. 
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Here is my own personal one too  

I will be offering these if anyone is interested. Forgive me if I am not supposed to do this here-- please direct me to the right place if Im not.
    Thanks all

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Eaglewood said:
    No Caption Provided

This one looks great, it's what i think Thor's hammer would look like if it was real
    out of curiosity have you tried doing Stormbreaker?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Pretty awesome, I know its not comic canon but I would love to see a two handed Mjolnir, which would keep with the Norse tradition that the hammer's handle could elongate to what Thor wanted either two or one handed. I actually wish that was something Marvel worked in, especially with this Thor: For Asgard mini which seems to hold a lot more closely to "classic" Norse Thor then Marvel Thor (except the long blond hair and no beard).

Valkyrja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valkyrja

"I would love to see a two handed Mjolnir, which would keep with the Norse tradition that the hammer's handle could elongate to what Thor wanted either two or one handed. "

Wait, what? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that this isn't true. Snorri Sturlsson's Prose Edda (which is the primary source of many of the Norse sagas and myths) states that Mjollnir can change size to fit in Thor's tunic, but the handle itself was forever to remain short because of the trick Loki pulled while the dwarves were forging it. (Becoming a fly, stinging the dwarf's eye, etc). But if you're certain this is true, could you provide a source? I like Norse mythology and I agree this would be cool if it were in the myths :)

Eaglewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eaglewood
    @hydrabob:  Havent tried stormbreaker as of yet-- Want to get this-Thunderstrike done and then maybe on to stormbreaker. I love the NIrse-Viking weapons and  willprobably make a complete set of these for my own collection as well as some other weapons.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Eaglewood:  these are awesome, do you use them for something or are they just for show?
    CaptinAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptinAwesome
    @hydrabob: That would be funny if you used it to hammer nails.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.