Follow

Misty Knight

Character » Misty Knight appears in 836 issues.

A former NYPD cop with a bionic arm, martial arts skills, and an attitude who was involved with the Heroes for Hire operation for years.

Misty Knight and her pregnancy

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979

So let's get the facts straight. Misty's pregnancy wasn't real, it was a side effect of Iron Fist's powers. Do you think there is a chance that the child existed, but was stolen by one of the villains? It's not like it's never happened before.

Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In all honesty I actually wish Misty was pregnant with a little babe Rand-Knight but sadly their going with a "phantom pregnancy" caused by Danny's chi energy which I guess not only fuel the other parts of his body but it also fuels and comes out his baby batter (Sorry, tried to put it as delicate as I could) which made Misty have false positive on her pregnancy test. How did it do that? Well I guess since "chi" is technically the human life force then maybe enough of it would in someone who doesn't normally harness this energy to so signs of another lifeforce inside of them. So when Danny life energy flowed into Misty it caused the "phantom pregnancy and when the energy was used up Misty stopped showing signs of seemed to be a pregnancy.

That was my explanation here is a quote from a article/interview with Antony Johnston @ theothermurdockpapers.com

We also had the story with the whole Misty Knight pregnancy that wasn’t, and there was apparently a lot of opinion on fighting crime while pregnant.

The whole pregnant/not pregnant thing was just bad timing. We always knew that she wasn’t really pregnant. However, I don’t know if there was miscommunication between departments or whatever, but the revelation that she was never pregnant at all was one I was hoping would be published after Blood on the Streets was finished. Instead, it was published after issue #2 came out. There wasn’t much we could do about it, but Blood on the Streets was written with the intention that readers would always believe that she was pregnant.

As I said at the time – and this is what I meant about getting to know the tropes of superhero fiction – she has a cyborg arm, for heaven’s sake! Made by a man who flies around the world in a suit of armour that he built in his basement. These are the things that you have to accept if you’re going to read superhero books. If you accept that, and you accept there’s a world where people literally get punched through brick walls… let me emphasize that, punched through brick walls… Then I don’t really see why there’s such a problem accepting that a woman who is pregnant, but not even showing yet, is willing to get out and do a bit of kung-fu.

And it’s not like I didn’t address it in the story. In her internal dialogue throughout, Misty made a lot of references to the state of her health and whether she should be out doing this, and that maybe she should be thinking more about the safety of the baby. At the same time, she’s a superhero, she’s not going to step down from the challenge of putting things right. It’s a balancing act for the character.

Hope this helped.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

That baby idea was really stupid. Being a fan of Misty Knight I hoped she would have Rand's kid so that she could kind of piggy back off of him for more face time. But it was another weak hoax by Marvel comics. 

Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:

As Antony explained it I think the whole pregnancy scary as suppose to be a face for something even bigger for the two which somewhere better passing notes along something went missing and now it's nothing but dust and lost dreams for us fans. I really wish she had been pregnant and yes it would have given her more face time but I think it would have a different side of her personality that we don't usually see on panel.

Oh they should have had that baby. :D I guess if it had been a girl it would have been little Lucia or Luciana. IDk. After Luke Cage who named his daughter Danielle after Daniel.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: @thestepfordcuckoos: @kairan1979: I do not understand the writers for marvel it's like they just said oh who cares we can just change stuff she was pregnant and we saw he future if Danny did not return, I also hate with what happened to Danny's chest brand he got from the 8th city from the first iron fist did his chi heal it somehow, n what happened to the first ironfist he was left in the golden city of kun-lun was he the old man who tried give Danny the fruit of immortality then hits Danny with energy aura-blast that shoots him the China mountains , (if that's not the first Î-F then how did he do a energy blast most ifs can not even do this they can transfer there chi into objects like arrows, bullets, a whole building lol Danny some feat points for me with this. The next two things they really messed up for me with this was killing orsan Danny's kinda grandfather and papa ironfist , and killing lei Kung this was so suprising to the master of so many ironfist and should of been a if for me when he faces the one as the yu-ti it was a glorious entrance and bad ass speech I really hope they some how bring them back.

Final problem what is up with davos severed hand we this with davos a few Times.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Yassassin

Comics editors don't want characters to age; babies age them. Everything has to be the same for 50+ years, because Marvel and DC characters are brands first.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And is any one else more happy with Brenda n ironfist I never liked Danny and misty I think she is a great character but I feel like the just pulled a quick race card like Luke and Jessica but to be honest I do not mind them at all it works for me but fist n misty no way I do like her with Sam

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.