Follow

Miss Martian

Character » Miss Martian appears in 381 issues.

A young White Martian that traveled to Earth to follow in the footsteps of the Martian Manhunter. She struggles with her past as a member of a race which is not trusted or well-regarded on Earth. She is generally associated with the Teen Titans.

Weakness to fire.

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rein

Hi, /v/iners I was debating in a battle over at animevice Involving MM. But I am rather unfamiliar with the character. I read on her wiki that she has a weakness to fire, but does it effect her in the same way as john? (do only fires of magical/psychic nature effect her or is it all fire, and how much does it effect her?)

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Jotham

I think it's all fire. I'm pretty sure all martians have the same weakness to fire. Otherwise, they'd be nearly invincible.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Jotham:    Does that include heat beam attacks like Kryptonian heat vision or Starfire's starbolts?  Or artillery fire/bombs?  Could a martian withstand such attacks or would they have to go intangible to escape being set ablaze/blown apart?
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jotham
    @Sinestro2828: I think it's only actual flames, and apparently there's some psychological aspect to it. Martian Manhunter's page makes it clearer (under weaknesses).
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Jotham:   Cool, thanks man, i just read his weaknesses and that does clear things up a bit, but could you tell me...

1)  If overcoming one's fear of fire is what causes a martian to become Fernus, does that mean a martian who joined the Sinestro Corps and faced his fear of flame while in a fear lodge would become Fernus too?

2)  Are Martian Manhunter's "Martian Vision" identical to superman's heat vision or are they like psychic force blasts rather than actual heat rays/lasers?

sorry for all the questions, martian powers are hard to keep track of at times, especially the ones they don't use often.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jotham
    @Sinestro2828: You're reaching the limits of my knowledge of martians. For the Fernus thing, I guess so, but he's the last Green Martian and I don't know if White Martians would have the same reaction. His Martian Vision isn't technically identical to Superman's, supposedly it is based on his telekinetic powers, but I think it is always portrayed as functionally identical to Superman's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.