Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 684 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Question about Exiles Mimic's copying powers

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

Can Mimic copie the powers of Superman, Wonder Woman and The Flash? Are dose it half to be mutants only?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

it's debatable.... I know he can only copy 5 powers at a time... So he could never fully be superman, vecuase that guy has an infinite number of powers. And, he can only do it to 50% efficiency. he copies someone who can lift 100 tons, he can only lift 50

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
    Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Akira Overdrive
    aztek the lost said:
    "o_O I never thought of it that way, I figured 5 powers meant 5 characters..."
    Same lol
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

It's not five powers, it's five powersets. Just look at his most common mimicked powerset.

Wolverine: Enhanced senses, bone claws, healing factor
    Colossus: Enhanced strength, durability, stamina, steel form
    Cyclops: Optic Blast
    Beast: Enhanced dexterity, agility, balance, coordination
    Northstar: Flight, super speed

He can mimic non-mutants, and if he mimicked Superman, WW or Flash he would get all their powers at half capacity.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mimic12

Cool thats all I wanted to know thanks.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg
    fesak said:
    "He can mimic non-mutants, and if he mimicked Superman, WW or Flash he would get all their powers at half capacity."
    Who has he mimicked that wasn't a mutant?
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hulk temporarily, a Brood and Deadpool.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Korg

Thanks. Were these both in Exiles?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah.

Also, the time when he mimicked Hulk was similar to when 616-Mimic did the same. It happened involuntarily by just being in his close vicinity, and he got gamma-radiation poisoning by it. So there might be other cases where he is able to mimic the powers, but not be able to keep them for one reason or another.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

brood and deadpool mimics were both in deadpool....

i don't remember where hulk was... but it was probably exiles

sorry about earlier confusion. i thought it was only 5 powers.... oops

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mimic12

My new power set for Mimic Superman, Colossus, Vulcan, Wolverine and X-Man now thats cool.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    inferiorego said:
    "brood and deadpool mimics were both in deadpool....

sorry about earlier confusion. i thought it was only 5 powers.... oops"

What are you talking about?
    Exiles Mimic mimiced a brood in the arc where Sunfire died. He actually was pregnant with a Brood and involuntarily mimicked it too.
    He mimicked Deadpool in the arc before World Tour when he had been beaten up badly by Hyperion and was dying.
    And the Hulk thing was in the beginning. Exiles 5 maybe?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

replace 2nd deadpool with exiles... typo....

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mimic12

Ok so if Mimic can copy the powers of Superman, WW and Flash then dose that mean he can copy the powers of Spawn and The Darkness?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

mimic12 said:
    "Ok so if Mimic can copy the powers of Superman, WW and Flash then dose that mean he can copy the powers of Spawn and The Darkness?"
    Hmmmm, I dunno.

Darkness? Maybe

Spawn? I kinda doubt it

but I know nothing about Mimic
    Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shaper
    fesak said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "brood and deadpool mimics were both in deadpool....

sorry about earlier confusion. i thought it was only 5 powers.... oops"

What are you talking about?
    Exiles Mimic mimiced a brood in the arc where Sunfire died. He actually was pregnant with a Brood and involuntarily mimicked it too.
    He mimicked Deadpool in the arc before World Tour when he had been beaten up badly by Hyperion and was dying.
    And the Hulk thing was in the beginning. Exiles 5 maybe?"
    I don't think he mimiced the brood. I think the brood was just taking over his body and His wolverine healing factor made it take longer to take over. The only thing the brood did to Mimic, was increased the amount of powers he could keep.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mimic12

What about Nova, Hyperion and Silver Surfer? Can Mimic Copy them?

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mimic12

Heres a good one what if Exiles Mimic copied the powers of 616 Mimic. Ok let me make it more clear 616 Mimic can copy more then five at one time so if Exiles Mimic copys that then dose that mean Exiles Mimic gets Extra slots so he can copy more powers. OK if 616 Mimic can copy 10 then that should mean Exiles Mimic can get a extra 5 and after that he can copy up to 9 more.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "Heres a good one what if Exiles Mimic copied the powers of 616 Mimic. Ok let me make it more clear 616 Mimic can copy more then five at one time so if Exiles Mimic copys that then dose that mean Exiles Mimic gets Extra slots so he can copy more powers. OK if 616 Mimic can copy 10 then that should mean Exiles Mimic can get a extra 5 and after that he can copy up to 9 more."

It won't work.
    Mimic can't copy powers if he already has a power that's too similar. He tried to copy Sabretooth's powers once when he already had Wolverine's, and it didn't work.
    So he wouldn't be able to copy his own counterparts powers since they are too similar to his own.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mimic12

fesak said:

"mimic12 said:
    "Heres a good one what if Exiles Mimic copied the powers of 616 Mimic. Ok let me make it more clear 616 Mimic can copy more then five at one time so if Exiles Mimic copys that then dose that mean Exiles Mimic gets Extra slots so he can copy more powers. OK if 616 Mimic can copy 10 then that should mean Exiles Mimic can get a extra 5 and after that he can copy up to 9 more."

It won't work.
    Mimic can't copy powers if he already has a power that's too similar. He tried to copy Sabretooth's powers once when he already had Wolverine's, and it didn't work.
    So he wouldn't be able to copy his own counterparts powers since they are too similar to his own."

Thats right he cant do it because of the powers are similar man I cant beleve I forgot that. Ok im tring to find away to get mimic to copy more power set so that way he can copy more then 5. I know theres a way and I will find it so eneybody got some ideas?

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mimic12

Ok I got a good one check this out. As you know Mimic can only copy 5 power sets at one time. So what if he copied Madrox that means Mimic can make at lest 25 duplacates of himself. Now all of the duplacates have the same Mimic power the real one has and every Mimic duplacate copied 4 power set of different mutants. so then the real Mimic pulled all of the duplacates back into himself then all of the power sets the duplacates copied are his. is that even possible?

Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops + Duplacate Mimic - Jean Gray, Vulcan, Colossus, Wolverine, Madrox = Real Mimic - Madrox, Deadpool, X-Man, Beast, Cyclops, Jean Gary, Vulcan, Colossus And Wolverine. Now thats just 2 but I think you get the idea.

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "My new power set for Mimic Superman, Colossus, Vulcan, Wolverine and X-Man now thats cool."

Yes thats cool but if you want to make Mimic a powerhouse then what you shoud do is replace Wolverine with Agent X and Colossus with Franklin Richerds. That would make Mimic way more powerful.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "My new power set for Mimic Superman, Colossus, Vulcan, Wolverine and X-Man now thats cool."

Yes thats cool but if you want to make Mimic a powerhouse then what you shoud do is replace Wolverine with Agent X and Colossus with Franklin Richerds. That would make Mimic way more powerful."

I think I will make one more change I will replace Superman with Superman Prime. Now that would be cool.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mimic12

OK here one... If Mimic copied the powers of The Human Torch can he also copy Magma's powers?

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "OK here one... If Mimic copied the powers of The Human Torch can he also copy Magma's powers?"

I dont know there powers are almost the same.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mimic12

I got a new one. Alright if one guy has the power to lift 20 tons and has the power to control fire now the second guy has the power to also lift 30 tons and has the power to control ice. eneyway Mimic copies them both and get the power to contral fire and ice but what about the strangth? If Mimic gets half of the lifting of the other to combined are dose he just get half of the stronger one?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    mimic12 said:
    "

I got a new one. Alright if one guy has the power to lift 20 tons and has the power to control fire now the second guy has the power to also lift 30 tons and has the power to control ice. eneyway Mimic copies them both and get the power to contral fire and ice but what about the strangth? If Mimic gets half of the lifting of the other to combined are dose he just get half of the stronger one?

"

He will get 50% of the more powerful one.
    Compare to when he absorbed Deadpool's healing factor. It overwrote Wolverine's healing factor since it's more powerful.

Why do we have two Mimic powers topics by the way.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mimic12
    fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

Compare to when he absorbed Deadpool's healing factor. It overwrote Wolverine's healing factor since it's more powerful.

Why do we have two Mimic powers topics by the way."
    1) I thot if he copied both then the strangth would get put together half of 20 is 10 and half of 30 is 15 so that would make 25 tons and I thot Wolverine's healing powers combined with Deadpool's making him heal faster.

2) The resion I made 2 power topics is because your only alowed to make 2 posts in a row so ones the topic was older nobody ever anserd it so I made a new one.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mike28
    fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

So he will get 50% of the stronger one. Ok heres a good idea for you have mimic copy the powers of Superboy and X-Man that way the powers of X-Man will fual the powers of Superboy.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fesak  Moderator

There's three Mimic powers topics, so i'll lock the other two.

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mike28
    fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

So he will get 50% of the stronger one. Ok heres a good idea for you have mimic copy the powers of Superboy and X-Man that way the powers of X-Man will fual the powers of Superboy.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

"

Hay thats interesting so I will give Mimic that rely on telekinetic and telepathic powers and copy X-Man. With half of X-Man that should make him the same as Professor X and Jean Gray.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

"
    Hay thats interesting so I will give Mimic that rely on telekinetic and telepathic powers and copy X-Man. With half of X-Man that should make him the same as Professor X and Jean Gray.
    Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mike28
    mimic12 said:
    "Mike28 said:
    "fesak said:
    "mimic12 said:
    "

"

"
    "

Well that should make Mimic very powerful but what about the other 3 power sets?
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mimic12

I got a new one can Mimic copy the powers of Odin.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mimic12

Mike28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mike28

mimic12 said:

"

"

Now that would be very very cool if he could. Ok heres 5 power sets for you Superman, Odin, Vulcan, X-Man and Psi-Lord.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mimic12
    Mike28 said:
    "

mimic12 said:

"

"

Now that would be very very cool if he could. Ok heres 5 power sets for you Superman, Odin, Vulcan, X-Man and Psi-Lord.

"

I wish. If Mimic can copy those powers then he would be set for life.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mimic12

Heres one can Mimic copy the powers of a Jumper?

The New L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The New L
    mimic12 said:
    "Heres one can Mimic copy the powers of a Jumper?"

A Jumper. I got a idea for now on lets keep in the world of Marvel and DC.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By DEADPOOL

It would be interesting, with half of Flash's speed, half of Superman's speed, and half of Wonder Woman's speed, he should almost be as fast as Flash.

Or with half of Superman's strength and half of Wonder Woman's strength, he should be almost as strong as Superman.

What other Leaguer's powers should he have? Captain Atom? His energy powers combined with Superman's heat vision will make up then differences in power. Not only that, but Captain Atom's energy absorption and manipulation should negate Superman's weakness to kryptonite and red solar energy. Captain Atom's added strength should also push him closer to Superman's level, if not exceed him.

Who should be the 5th one? Martian Manhunter? Might be overkill now. Unless, we go with Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, and...?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.