Follow

Mimic

Character » Mimic appears in 684 issues.

Mimic is a super-human with the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others. He was the first new recruit to the original X-Men team and later a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Excalibur and Norman Osborn's X-Men team before rejoining the X-Men at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Is he not reaching his potential

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

Seems to me that Mimic could be such a bigger threat to everyone if he just hung around some tougher or just stronger people, personally the first person i would introduce him to would be Madrox, just cuz having 100 copies of four incredibly strong mutants would be awesome, but more to my point he could easily be a huge planetary risk as he could copy Hulk, Colossus, Juggernaut, and Cannonball or Namor for some flight abilities (and now that i think about it doesn't Namor wear special sandals or something?). he could be even more than just a big muscle head he could copy brilliant minds like Omega Kid, Cable, Magneto, and Psylocke. What i'm asking is why does Marvel feel it necessary to handicap him by having him around or just copy what i see as lesser people than him, now i realize that the 616 incarnation of him as permanently copied the five original X-Men, but he can still copy other powers if they are near him, so why not just send him on power search so he can improve himself.

other combinations i thought of
    Espionage: Multiple Man, Mystique, Fantomex, Shadowcat, and Sage
    Speed: Multiple Man, Quicksilver, Aurora, Nightcrawler, and Risque
    Practically indestructible: Emma Frost, Colossus, Husk, Mercury, Iceman, and Post

i am not asking for mutant power combination just why he isn't as big a threat as he should be? (i don't want this to get locked because people start posting their favorite possible Mimic, there is already a thread for that)

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Valtot
    @hydrabob:
    hed of been crazy powerful if he had copied quick silvers/ colossus/ multiple man powers alone- quick silvers speed with colossus strength added with many clones of himself lol i could easily see him fighting off and defeating marvel powerhouses
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Valtot:  yeah, and thats what i don't get why limit him by having him copy people that were so weak at the time he copied their powers, he is really more of a distraction now then a main threat.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valtot
    @hydrabob:
    has he ever shown to copy omega level mutants? because if he has i can easily see why marvel wouldnt make him big as hed be way to overpowered
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hydrabob--defunct
    @Valtot:  yeah he has two of them permanently Iceman and Jean Grey, but i don't think he can improve in those powers like they can he is pretty much stuck with their powers, and how good they were with them at that time
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

think what would happen if he copied  :   franklin richards                                                                        

scarlet witch
                                                                             sentry
                                                                             darwin
                                                                             multiple man

He would be an absolute power and unstoppable. 
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz
    @U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

" think what would happen if he copied  :   franklin richards                                                                          scarlet witch
                                                                             sentry
                                                                             mimic
                                                                             multiple man

He would be an absolute power and unstoppable. 
    "

Not quite sure he has the ability to copy himself sir...or do you mean copy a mimic from another Universe?

Ahhh just a typo.

Yea that would be a pretty insane combo.
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz: yeah i realized i typed mimic like 2 seconds after i posted
    dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dorsk188

What would Multiple Man's abilities be like at half power?  I'm imagining Mimic creating hundreds of 3 feet tall metal-skinned, optic-blasting power-houses.  That would be... awesome.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979

I think Mimic reached his full potential in the Exiles comic books.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By gravitypress

Weren't his power levels half of the original person he copied? And didn't he have a five power limit?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

@gravitypress said:

Weren't his power levels half of the original person he copied? And didn't he have a five power limit?

It's my understanding that 616 Mimic has the full power of the original X-Men (just didn't get any of their upgrades), and can still temporarily copy the powers of other characters he's around. In addition to that, 616 Mimic doesn't only copy powers but also skills and knowledge.

Exiles' Mimic is more watered down, but more balanced and easier to write. He can only copy up to 5 powers at a time, he keeps them permanently unless he switches one for another power, and the powers he copies are only half the potential of the original's.

I'd like Marvel to make 616 Mimic like Exiles' Mimic, in just about every way.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By gravitypress

@DEADPOOL: Well I am getting my info from Exiles so that makes sense.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By redhood21

Exiles mimic was great! Hes not the anxiety addled waste of space he is in 616. I wish he would be a hero like his exiles counterpart. Id even take a villain if he would just have the same ability and confidence in himself. I can understand he would have problems and as much as i wanted to like him dark x men he just came off as pathetic.

XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XMASCATEXE

Yes. But due of course to the fact that he isn't used, therefore his potential is never explored. He shouldn't be a challenge for writers so I don't think that's the cause. They handle characters like Rogue, and Legion with his new multi-power set arrangement well enough. They seem to try and push him in 616 but it doesn't hold? Whether that most writers just aren't interested or readers aren't really biting, or both, again I can't figure it. But I think he's interesting, and definitely enough of a classic that he shouldn't be shelved. To affirm your idea as correct, he did have his control over his powers fine tuned by Onslaught (as did Blob, what happened with any of this?) so he does have the potential. Really this character needs to be on an X-Team. I would personally choose X-Factor, I could see him fitting in with that team.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may not be getting used very much because he is overpowered and then authors just can't write anything believable in regards to him.

His only real weaknesses are that he doesn't appear to have the same level of mastery of the people he's copying, and being overwhelmed by numbers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.