Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos
    Milestone Vs DC... round 2?
    Milestone Vs DC... round 2?
    As just announced at the DC: A Guide to Your Universe panel at San Diego Comic-Con, the Milestone characters are coming to the DC Universe in a big way.

The characters and universe, originally created in the mid ‘90s by Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan, Michael Davis and Derek T. Dingle were owned by Milestone Media, a wholly separate business entity from DC Comics, but were published by DC through an agreement which saw the characters exist in their own separate universe. Milestone ceased publication of its comics in 1997, and ever since, fans have wondered when they would come back.

Dan Dido had this to say...

They’re coming back, and are coming right into the forefront, and right into the big storylines in the DC Universe. The great thing is, we have Dwayne McDuffie who is one of the owners and creators of the Milestone characters working for us and also of course, writing Justice League of America, so he’s going to finding ways to incorporate the characters into the storylines that are going to be unfolding within Justice League. We were also able to find a way with Dwayne to work other Milestone characters into other areas and series of the DCU.

we will be seeing this as if all our characters are meeting the Milestone characters for the first time. Even though we had the “Worlds Collide” crossover in the mid ‘90s, we will not be addressing that storyline. Instead, we will be meeting them for the first time within the DC Universe.

Also – we will be working on a couple of other levels with Dwayne on this. We will be collecting the old Milestone material, and reissuing that in trade paperback form over the course of next year, and also, we’ll be working with Dwayne to do a wrap-up for the original Milestone series for the way it was all presented. He had a concluding story that we want to work with him on, and that will be an out of DC continuity story, but completely within the original Milestone continuity. That way, the fans of Milestone from years back will be able to get that ending story that brings that original history and world to a close.

Sounds pretty interesting, it's been a while since i've read any Milestone stuff but it might be worth brushing up on the old stuff just to brush up with all of the characters...

M

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

This sounds great!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

That pic looks like Benes art. Where u get it?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter
    Static will join the Teen Titans
    Static will join the Teen Titans
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The Static thing could be very cool. WIll this be temporary (normal crossover) or since there's no more Milestone will some of the characters find a way to stay in DC so they don't have to be gone forever once Dwayne wraps up continuity? (I can hope.)

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter
    Buckshot said:
    "The Static thing could be very cool. WIll this be temporary (normal crossover) or since there's no more Milestone will some of the characters find a way to stay in DC so they don't have to be gone forever once Dwayne wraps up continuity? (I can hope.)"
    Didio said that this won't be a crossover, they will join the DCU and stay there
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

So far I'd say its been a successful venture re-establishing the Milestone characters back into the DCU. You can see most of the popular Milestone characters in the current Justice League arc which started with #27. Milestone went above and beyond the call of duty in terms of establishing characters of color. And now they make their triumphent return to the DCU. Wizard #209 has a complete rundown of the event as well as an interview with the Milestone founders. Here's a quick rundown of some of the better known members of the Dakotaverse (I know I know lol).

No Caption Provided

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sling Shot

I am pissed about this one. I was hoping to revitalize the Milestone universe...But now the worst has happened. I think I am more willing for Milestone to sit in limbo than join the DCU. WHy? Because they are two different animals and Milestone had some real gems that could have blossomed further but now, I think, the characterization of some of the best characters in comics history are going to be diluted, dumbed down, made safer or neglected like they were still in limbo,but they will belong to DC now. AAaaaaaaarrrgh!

This sux!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.