Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

The Fate of the Ultimate Universe Revealed [Updated]

• 171 results
    CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm actually glad they're doing this. Do we seriously need 2 Captain America's, 2 Iron Man's, 2 Thor's, 2 Hulk's.......no. No, we don't.

The 616 comic book line is perfectly capable of doing great stories with these characters. I'm sorry to the people who enjoyed these characters' run but it's honestly time to separate the 616 and the Ultimate world.....completely. I found that the interpretations of the individual characters were still too similar to the 616 counterparts. Slightly different, but similar nonetheless. Why have 2 different Worlds with essentially the same characters? It's redundant.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By nappystr8

Love that the Ultimate line is continuing, not that I ever had any real doubt that it would. Love that Marvel is doubling down on the "dead is dead" concept, keeping the stakes of the Ultimate universe alive. Love the line-up for All-New Ultimates and Ultimate FF. Love that Bendis and Marquez are sticking with Ultimate Spider-Man. A lot of love all around.

My only reservations are that the picture of the Ultimates is a little too reminiscent of Runaways, because that isn't what that book should be. But it's one picture, the other one has everyone all geared up. Also always hesitant for a more or less unkown writer, but recently that has been an overwhelming success with both Mighty Avengers and Deadpool.

Although it's funny that Tony and Fialkov were just joking about All-New Marvel Now Ultimate Comics Ultimates and so forth, and that does kind of seem to be the branding Marvel is going for. Hey, let marketing do what they want, as long as the books stay stellar.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Of course older fans feel alienated when a company we supported decides to crap on us and kill off our favorite characters. People keep saying comics is a dying medium. I wonder why.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i'm glad the ultimate line is still going strong.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo they should have kept Tony Stark's body dead after the last Ultimates arc before Cataclysm....Tony Stark being a technopathic a.i. was awesome

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By CheeseSticks

I hoe they will reboot ultimate x-men. The first 40 issues were awesome.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate FF? Now they have my attention

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sweet

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Miles.

I guess that's always good news.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Dstick88

wish they just did away from ultimates universe

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any body found it odd that there is no mention of a Ultimate X-Man book?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know who drew that All New Ultimates image against the wall? Not the cover the first image. That art is fantastic.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

@frozenedge: Ultimates no, but I did finish the new X-men run something that in my opinion didnt get interesting or entertaining until the last 12 issues

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does cloak looks like an older Miles

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mikep12 said:

Why does cloak looks like an older Miles

Besides having similar haircuts, they don't look any more alike than Hawkeye and Captain America.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstick88 said:

No one is forcing you to read it. And a lot of people enjoy it.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By mikep12

@captain13: I know it just looks weird the only diffrence I saw was there upper lip is darker and thought we would see an older miles and that's what intrest me

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dstick88 said:

No one is forcing you to read it. And a lot of people enjoy it.

yeah...I don't understand this attitude...if you don't read it then what do you care what they do with it...if others are enjoying something and that something isn't hurting anyone else then why would you wish for that something to go away?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leokearon:

Well Miles survives so that's a good thing

it could be a clone...dun dun dun!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know who drew that All New Ultimates image against the wall? Not the cover the first image. That art is fantastic.

David Marquez

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake said:

David Marquez

And he's on Ultimate Spider-Man now. That art is fantastic. Might check out this and Ultimates. Haven't read stuff from the UU since before Peter died.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

David Marquez

And he's on Ultimate Spider-Man now. That art is fantastic. Might check out this and Ultimates. Haven't read stuff from the UU since before Peter died.

imo Ultimate Spider-man has been really blessed when it comes to fantastic artists working on it

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is it just me or does the Ultimate FF look more creepy than they do influential? They're all galactused out.

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake said:
    @danhimself said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

David Marquez

imo Ultimate Spider-man has been really blessed when it comes to fantastic artists working on it

Yeah Mark Bagley of course, and Sara Pichelli has been fantastic of what I've seen from GOTG.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Seriously, if they keep killing everyone there wont be anyone left to have a UU with...

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh I was hoping to save money each month since I thought the Ultimate Universe was going to be destroyed. I guess I will I wait for the trades even though I am excited for these 3 new titles!

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can say if Ultimate Captain America is dead it'll be strike 3 and I'm out of reading Ultimate Marvel.

Wolverine and Spider-man were strikes one and two.

It's ok, It's not like DC, Valiant and other independent publishers won't take my money.

this is exactly why the big two are terrified of changing the status quo.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@yung_ancient_one: Of course older fans feel alienated when a company we supported decides to crap on us and kill off our favorite characters. People keep saying comics is a dying medium. I wonder why.

See, that's the thing... I seen users complain that nothing changes in comics but when change does come... people complain. I fail to understand why it is so hard to let it go. Maybe, I'm just weird, but I personally get tired of collecting the same series.

There are so many characters and so many stories to be told. I want to read all of them. I can't afford every single story of every single issue of every single company. Something has got to give.

I like that stories actually end and can continue some other way. Like in the 1610 Verse, Parker died but Morales carried on the Spider-Man legacy. I love so many different characters. I can't understand why some people just cling on to one.

I'm probably a rare breed because I like that change happens. I am a fan of the idea that something is beautiful because it doesn't last forever. That is why the Greek Gods enjoyed messing with humans because secretly they were jealous that a human's life was precious, it could end, while there's was never ending.

It is like a bittersweet goodbye. You're sad that is it ending (bitter) but you are happy that it started once (sweet).

If you're favorite character dies, one can always find a new one, in my eyes at least.

(+)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By danhimself

@risingbean said:

See, that's the thing... I seen users complain that nothing changes in comics but when change does come... people complain. I fail to understand why it is so hard to let it go. Maybe, I'm just weird, but I personally get tired of collecting the same series.

There are so many characters and so many stories to be told. I want to read all of them. I can't afford every single story of every single issue of every single company. Something has got to give.

I like that stories actually end and can continue some other way. Like in the 1610 Verse, Parker died but Morales carried on the Spider-Man legacy. I love so many different characters. I can't understand why some people just cling on to one.

I'm probably a rare breed because I like that change happens. I am a fan of the idea that something is beautiful because it doesn't last forever. That is why the Greek Gods enjoyed messing with humans because secretly they were jealous that a human's life was precious, it could end, while there's was never ending.

It is like a bittersweet goodbye. You're sad that is it ending (bitter) but you are happy that it started once (sweet).

If you're favorite character dies, one can always find a new one, in my eyes at least.

(+)

all of this! I love that UU is so different now...I may not have liked the way Ultimatum was written but it changed the UU so much that it's no longer even close to being able to be confused with the 616 and Cataclysm seems to be doing the same thing....in the UU they can now really experiment with creating new characters and really do things that they could never do in the 616

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how Miles Morales is front & center on the covers of the comics that feature him. Only he could do that. It is a good day to be a Marvel fan. I never thought I would be this happy for a comic. Miles is shaping up to be the best modern hero, if he isn't already, and it's gratifying to type that the Ultimate Universe is in his hands.

Thank you Marvel for making me happier than I have ever been to read comics.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By RisingBean

@yung_ancient_one: We are different in this regard. I'll collect a series I like forever. And I do think that organic change is great. I like a lack of a rotating door and seeing the same villains over and over. I like closure. But this isn't that. It's a slap to the face. Seeing Pete Parker go from a rookie to a guy with some experience is what I want. Seeing Pete die so Miles can be Pete ver2 and start from scratch? It's the same thing from jump for a second time. So if anything killing off a character and bringing back his "clone" is exactly that limit you say you don't want.

And sure, Marvel can kill off a character I've been reading for over ten years. And depending on the hows and whys maybe I will find a new favorite. But the Ultimate U hasn't been like that.

Daredevil Drowned off panel. So did half of the X-Men. Reed turned out to be the Ultimate Universe's Doc Doom, and while the idea is interesting, it still is needless because Doom is a second stringer and the FF don't really exist at this point. Wolverine and Spider-Man both went down like a champ. But We get second rate knockoffs in Jimmy Hudson and Miles Morales.

The point is that if a medium people sink money into treats the fanbase poorly, the fanbase moves on. Sure Marvel may hook some new people with all the bright new number one issues, but alienating a fanbase who wants to buy the product is stupid. Comics are a dying medium as it is. Killing off great characters who I've followed for a decade or more is a great way for Marvel to tell me they don't give a F***. So why should I give them my money? I don't want to read about second rate Spider-Man or knockoff Wolverine. I'll go read Luthor Strode or Invincible instead.

@timelordscience I don't mind a change in the status quo. However I don't like my favorite heroes to die and be replaced a month later by the same character in a new set of tights. I don't like my favorite heroes to die foolish or unheroic deaths. I don't like investing into something then being told I'm an idiot to invest when the story is derailed for no purpose outside of an Event to make more money for greedy businessmen. I actually like death being permanent in the Ult U. like it is in many of the independent comics. The problem happens when you have characters like Daredevil drowning off panel. When you disrespect the characters. And I can make a long list of disrespected characters here. Also a change to the status quo should have a reason to it. If it is to be edgy or make a scene? Screw that. Write a good consistent story and you won't need events to seem relevant.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE NEW VILLAIN IS GREEN GOBLIN! I call it!

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think anything can get me into reading any 'Ultimates' titles. Those two Avengers movies were good though.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of bummed, but I'm super excited for these books!

That DnA cover, guys. I want it.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

so how long will these changes last before they decide to reshape the Ultimate Universe's landscape AGAIN? *yawn*

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am actually pretty excited about this.Mostly about the FF announcement even though I don't like who is part of the team.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Teen Titans GO!

Come on someone had to.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@_nexus_ said:

Any body found it odd that there is no mention of a Ultimate X-Man book?

They probably just decided they needed a break before continuing. After Ultimatum the only ongoing there along with the limited series was Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. After Death of Spider-Man we had Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimates, and Ultimate X-Men. No Fantastic Four book anywhere. And now, we have All New Ultimates, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, and Ultimate FF. My guess is they're keeping the X-Men on hold to let them rest and let the excitement build up and form ideas for their story. Once that happens I'm sure we'll see a series from them or a limited series.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By hart7668

I feel like the Ultimate Universe would actually be better if it all ended.

Like a manga, with an actual conclusion

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By nickxh

People still reading the Ultimate books?

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

You had one job Galactus, one job...

LOL

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By micah007123
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#148  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I guess I was the only one crossing my fingers that Galactus would finally get to consume Earth?

kamionero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#150  Edited By kamionero

So the Ultimate Universe is now the Marvel Adventures universe?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.