Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Similarities

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Am I the only one who's noticed the similarities between Kaine and Miles?

-They both wear a black and red suit: (they even have the same finger tips colors except inverted)

-Both of the have some kind of venomous attack (Kaine= Stingers, Miles= Venom stirke)

-Both of them can turn invisible

-Neither of them have a lot of experience with their abilities

Am I the only one who has this feeling that they might be trying to set Miles up as the Ultimate Scarlet Spider if they bring back Ultimate Peter Parker?

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By blur1528

Yea Kaine's and Miles' suits are basically inverses of each other. The back of Kaine's suit is just like Miles' front and vice versa.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Video_Martian

@Strider92: You know, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday... :P

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

they will not bring him back. People in the ultimate universe...stay.....dead.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By hectorsquall

@Strider92 said:

Am I the only one who has this feeling that they might be trying to set Miles up as the Ultimate Scarlet Spider if they bring back Ultimate Peter Parker?

No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@Kallarkz said:

*cough*Thor*cough* and anyway to my knowledge we still have a Peter Parker clone locked up in Shield somewhere. They may go down the same road as the 616 universe, a Spider-man clone taking over the mantle of Spider-man (like Ben Reilly did in the 616 verse).

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

@Strider92 said:

@Kallarkz said:

*cough*Thor*cough* and anyway to my knowledge we still have a Peter Parker clone locked up in Shield somewhere. They may go down the same road as the 616 universe, a Spider-man clone taking over the mantle of Spider-man (like Ben Reilly did in the 616 verse).

Don't hold your breath.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@Kallarkz: Well you can see in my 1st post I say IF they bring back Peter. I am a little bit apprehensive but they do have the option of doing that if sales don't work out. Turning Miles into the Scarlet Spider and the Peter Parker clone into Spider-man is still quite a possibility plus it follows the 616 verse slightly (which the Ult timeline has done on occasion) and it would be very easy to make the transition.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blur1528

Well Stegman did quite a few sketches before they chose that one. I think they liked it because it mirrored a suit that was already in print and doing well.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@blur1528 said:

Well Stegman did quite a few sketches before they chose that one. I think they liked it because it mirrored a suit that was already in print and doing well.

Its quite ironic that they based it off Miles's suit as it was already making pretty good progress even before Miles had worn it and yet Kaine actually got to wear his costume before Miles lol.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blur1528

@Strider92: Which I was happy about. When I finished reading issue one I thought "Hmm he didn't wear the suit. I hope he puts it on next issue rather than dragging this out." Kaine with a gun is still the coolest thing I've seen this year in comics.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@blur1528 said:

@Strider92: Which I was happy about. When I finished reading issue one I thought "Hmm he didn't wear the suit. I hope he puts it on next issue rather than dragging this out." Kaine with a gun is still the coolest thing I've seen this year in comics.

Yeah that panel for me really set the bar that showed he was different to Peter.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blur1528

@Strider92: Most definitely. I'm glad Yost is writing it. He has become one of my writers to look for since I first started reading Red Robin. I feel like that and Scarlet Spider also have big similarities. Both have heroes who will cross that line and are more so trying to find themselves and how they fit into the world.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@blur1528: I've never actually read anything by Yost (knowingly) apart from Scarlet Spider but he's doing a very good job on SS so i'm tempted to pick up some of his other work.

Anyways back on topic: This teaser from Marvel also makes me think they might throw Miles into the Scarlet Spider role:

The spider on the left is definitely Peter's and the one on the right looks an awful lot like Miles's symbol (I don't see who else it can be as I can't think of anyone else who has a symbol similar):

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blur1528

Yea I saw that teaser and was hoping to hear more news on that by now but I'm excited for whatever they have planned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.