Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1190 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Should he get a New Name?

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Miles Morales has certainly earned the name Spider-Man. But since he's in the Main Marvel Universe where theres already a Spider-Man running around, seems kinda wired to have 2.

So far Marvel seems ok with having the Spider-Man title shared between the two, but if Miles where to get a new codename, What should it be.

Please send in your ideas on what Miles should call himself if he ever divided to move on from being Spider-Man.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Spider.

Avatar image for drake_pendragon
    Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles never earned the title Spider-man he is a PC tool that is there to complain about being black. Instead of giving him a new name they should kill him off

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'd like for him to be called Scarlet Spider, but he'll be called Spider-Man for however long his animated film series runs.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Nomarch

Miles never earned the title Spider-man he is a PC tool that is there to complain about being black. Instead of giving him a new name they should kill him off

No Caption Provided

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: Your just mad because it's the truth. Killing Miles and the rest of their PC agenda could save Marvel comics but they would be scared of rioting little SJWs.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Yassassin

How about Arachkid?

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: Your just mad because it's the truth. Killing Miles and the rest of their PC agenda could save Marvel comics but they would be scared of rioting little SJWs.

No Caption Provided

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: you can have Rocket laugh all day but I'm right, for Marvel to save sales they need to kill off the SJW garbage and start apologizing to the real fans. I'd say a good start is killing Miles Morales.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: I'll continue telling everyone that because it's the truth. Marvel needs to kill off characters like Miles and focus efforts into new characters like Mosaic (who with a little work could be AWESOME!!!!) who is an original character who is a black man so you can have the PC culture happy that they are using more minorities, but because he isn't getting the push he needs his comics aren't selling like they could. He is written ok, but not great, the art is fine, I'm a fan of older style art but in comparison to a lot of the newer crap Mosaic is great. I don't want to see a quality character go down the tubes while crap characters get pushes when they should have been killed off after their 3rd issue.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drake_pendragon: Marvel sells are down because constant relaunches, constant major events, killing off characters for shock value, mediocre to ok art in their titles, constantly releasing new titles that nobody asked for, too many variations of the same titled book, and a big amount of their books having ok writing. Marvel pushed Mosaic. Because nobody bought or cares he got cancelled. Miles isn't going anywhere so you can keep complaining and I'll laugh as you do because it's not happening. Miles' book and characters like him have been written significantly better than Mosaic.

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: That is true that re-launches and events are part of the problem with Marvel's lack luster sales, the thing is that it's not just "shock value" that they are killing characters off they are doing this also because they are replacing them with PC agenda versions like "killing" Peter in the ultimate universe to push Miles, or killing Bruce in the 616 so they can push Amadeus Cho. They art problem I agree with 100% seeing some of the crap art and stories they are bound to promote like Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) that they have already restarted her books like 3 times. Mosaic is a better character than black Peter and Marvel never gave him half the push they gave to black Peter. The writing for black Peter is not better than Mosaic the problem is that Mosaic is ORIGINAL and Marvel fears this idea because they are afraid that if they do the right thing and make new and original minority characters that people will not like them, while if they cheaply make PC versions of already established characters like Korean Bruce Banner or black Peter Parker they can simply put them in there and keep stealing stories from great characters and giving them to 2nd rate crap characters. Miles will be gone hopefully along with the rest of these crap characters with the new initiative of "Marvel Legacy". The things that they could do if they kill off the 2nd rate characters like Miles, Rere, and Kamala while returning Sam Wilson to Falcon and showing illegal alien falcon bend deported and showing Cho willingly giving up his Hulk ability back to Banner who could be brought back thanks to the Cosmic Cube. This could be beautiful. Hell with the Cosmic Cube they could rewrite all the bad stories like getting rid of "One More Day" and they could cut their numbers from something like 80 books a month to 20-30 books a month focusing on good stories and quality writing rather than PC agendas. They could fix Iceman and undo the mind screw that was done to him to turn him homosexual and do a good X-Men comic, have Wolverine return and have X-23 give back his title. Jane Foster can die from her cancer and Thor can get his hammer back. So much stuff that has contributed to the low sales for Marvel. have Ghost Rider come in and beat the ghost out of Robbie Reyes so that we can get rid of the ghost driver. Have Carol Danvers realize she shouldn't be Captain Marvel (shit they call her Major Danvers in the comics and she isn't retired from the Military so she wouldn't keep any rank she had) and either have Mar-vel get returned to life thanks to the cosmic cube or create a new character with unique abilities to take over the title and have Carol go back to being Ms. Marvel.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Nomarch

@drake_pendragon: Korean Bruce Banner and Black Peter? Neither characters are like them. Moasic is not a better character, his book was borderline dull with only a few good issues. The problem isn't that Mosaic is an original the problem are the fans who don't want to put their money where their mouthes are. Mosaic is a new characters with no ties to anyone else and sold poorly despite people like you claiming that's what they want. Marvel has put out titles with original diverse characters. Mosaic #1 didn't even sell well compared to how #1s usually do. And yes Miles' title is significantly better. Miles isn't going anywhere if you actually read anything that's been said recently about Marvel Legacy and neither are Kamla and Riri who's title along with Infamous Iron Man have been better than their predecessors. Do you even no what you're talking about? Johnny Blaze is still around and Robbie doesn't have Zarathos. Logan is better off dead, nothing new can be done with him. Mar-Vell was boring and should stay dead, nobody wants him back not even Marvel. Thor doesn't need his hammer to be interesting, Unworthy proved that. Keep complaining because those characters aren't going anywhere.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RabumAlal

@king_nomarch: Mosaic not selling well shows that when Marvel creates new characters instead of replacing old ones, people aren't interested. The usual complaint that is *hurr durr ESTABLISHED characters hurr durr* fails because of that. It was an interesting book imo, better than the current Miles series and I like Miles.

OT, Miles is great as Spider-Man. Giving him a new codename will ruin his sales, unless Marvel can manage to turn him into a Nightwing sort of character that searches for his own style, which I highly doubt they can manage. They would first need to incorporate him into Peter Parker mythos successfully and then launch him as a separate title. The problem with current comics is that they are just not good, the writers are mostly close to terrible.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Nomarch
    Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: Yeah Korean Bruce Banner and Black Peter because Amadeus Cho is just like Bruce Banner the only difference is that Banner has a Doctorate while Cho is still a kid and doesn't seem interested in that. While Miles is literally a black version of Peter Parker in fact 1/2 his stories are old Peter stories with a modern turn. Mosaic is an infinitely better character than either of them, his story is awesome he was an entitled semi-pro athlete who gets turned into an Inhuman and learns that his father was using him, his girlfriend was using him and cheating on him with her female bodyguard, and trying to figure out these new powers. That is so much more interesting than look at me I'm fighting a monster that breaths fire oops I lost my pants or boo hoo hoo why do they call me black spider man. Mosaic has depth of character that they can go into unlike black Peter who is nothing more than a black version of Peter.

Marvel's issue is that Mosaic is original and they would actually need to work on building him and not just be able to hope on name recognition. I am more than willing to do like I did with Cloak and Dagger, back in the 80's, and support interesting new characters. the reason it didn't sell well is because Marvel is putting out so much garbage that people have no faith in their stuff anymore. I didn't buy the first issue of Mosaic because guess what they are putting out so many garbage titles that I wanted to see Mosaic for free before I put my money into Marvel and Mosaic was good and I currently have all the issues and am looking forward to them building the character. Marvel has put out original characters but they don't give those new interesting characters any kind of push, hell if they killed off all the crap PC rip offs and cut back from the 80 books a month they might be able to give characters like Mosaic the time and attention they deserve.

No Miles' title is significantly worse because it's unoriginal, poorly drawn, and just sheer slop. I know that Marvel has said they are not (doing the right thing) killing off the PC agenda characters with Legacy but I'm not going to go buying Marvel books if they aren't going to do the right things and start getting rid of these agenda push garbage characters who are the reason I stopped giving them my money in the first place. Rere has not sold better than Stark as Iron Man, Miles is selling less than 35,000 units monthly and kamala is rumored to sell great digitally even though Marvel has admitted they don't track digital sales so there is no evidence of kamala selling.

Infamous Iron Man I don't doubt has been selling well because it is a great story. I love how when Rere goes to see Doom she is so scared she stands in the same pose for the entire time he's talking to her and he doesn't barely acknowledge her except to say he'll let her blast him so he can have a vision because he knows she's too weak and pathetic to hurt him. yeah I know the real Ghost Rider is still around he showed up in the first arc of the story with ghost driver and Blaze beat Reyes so badly it was hilarious. Robbie has a 2nd rate ghost of a serial killer and Zarathos should kill him. Logan is better off coming back ant taking his title away from the 2nd rate PC push. Mar-Vell was superior to Carol in every way, he should be brought back and take his rightful mantle as Captain Marvel back and put Carol back in her place where she belongs as Ms. Marvel. Thor deserves his hammer back they could have made him interesting without it but they didn't do that they gave it to a c list side character just because she has tits. I will continue to make the problems of Marvel known because as long as those characters are around Marvel will not get my money, and I will turn my kids away from Marvel because of their obvious distain for fans.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drake_pendragon: The only similarties that Bruce and Amadaeus have is that they're both smart. Miles doesn't have Peter's snark and he doesn't ap pear stupid enough to sell a marriage to the devil.

Miles' title is infinitely better than Mosaic's title and calling it poorly drawn compared to the bad art that Mosaic had? LMAO! Mosaic was a borderline dull comic that barely anybody cared about that had the only thing going for it was how his abilities work. It's not because he's original it's because readers didn't care enough to buy him. Every "PC" book has been better than Mosaic with the exception of America.

Mar-Vell was garbage and almost every character that has used the Captain Marvel title after him has been more interesting than he was.

If you're going to insult a character learn how to spell her name right: Riri. Her being scared of one of the most dangerous people in the MU makes her looks bad. You're a bigger moron than I thought if you think him letting her attack him makes her weak and pathetic, he needed to be hurt for to go into his vision, it had nothing to do with how strong she is.

Johnny isn't the real Ghost Rider either, that's Carter Slade before Marvel changed his name. If you're going to complain then demand that Marvel gives Johnny a new name and bring Carter with his name back.

Logan is better off dead with the more interesting OML.

If you think getting rid of them will some how save Marvel then you're a bigger fool than the people running Marvel. The "PC" characters have been amongst Marvel's better selling titles especially the Mighty Thor. Before Invincible Iron Man the International Iron Man comic was selling what, just above 20k? Both Invincible and Infamous have been selling above that. You seemed too focus on the "PC" characters while ignoring all the bad titles Marvel has put out that starred white guys that helped contribute to Marvel's decline. Getting rid of them isn't going to save Marvel.

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_nomarch: Yep they are super smart and are now the huge green rage machine known as Hulk. Oh yeah and the fact that at the beginning of their time as the Hulk they each have someone with them (Bruce had Rick Jones and Cho has his sister). But yeah there are differences like age and one is Korean.....Yep HUGE differences. Miles is a complete rip off of Peter, he tries to be snarky like Peter and as for if he's stupid enough to sell a marriage to the devil, he's not as smart as Peter so he would be, because if you remember in OMD Peter didn't even ask what he was selling to get Aunt May back. Hell I bet if Mephisto would have showed up in the Ultimate universe when Miles' mom died (cause in the Ultimate series his mom died and now magically she's alive again just like Aunt May in OMD...another similarity) he would have sold anything to bring her back.

Miles' title is not better than Mosaic's, Mosaic is original and has actual depth of character beyond "I'm black". I agree I don't care for the art that much, but I feel like Mosaic's art is on par with Miles' I'm personally not a fan of most of the art in newer comics, I liked the older stuff from back in the 80's and 90's but art is subjective and as long as the story is good and I can tell what is going on in panel I will usually not care if the art isn't exactly my style.

Mosaic was far from dull, the idea that a man's father was using him since he was a child and his girlfriend was running around behind his back, and that he has the power now to jump into the minds of anyone including other heroes or villains is amazing vs Miles who has stolen every power he has (all the basic Spider-man powers, plus Jessica Drew's venom blast, plus the Venom power of cammo) because nothing Miles done is original he is literally a black version of Peter. I agree that Mosaic had horrid sales and nobody cared about him, but that isn't because of the comic that is because of Marvel's failure to handle him correctly. None of the PC books are "better" than Mosaic and America....Oh God how is that even still on shelves they could literally cut that one off in the middle of this story line kill the character off and make Marvel comics 25% better right there.

Mar-vel was amazing, he has made so many returns hell even in the 2010's he's made a come back just to sacrifice himself because he's a great hero. Though I could also see them turning Genis-Vell from a villain into a hero and have him take the title because he wants to live up to his father...

Rere is garbage, she is a coward and weak and she is a moron. He let her attack because she is weak and pathetic. And YES him letting her attack him makes her weak and pathetic he wouldn't have told Stark to do this because he knows that Stark would have made the shot count and ended the situation though Stark wouldn't have held 1 pose for half the book, once Stark found out that Doom was just sitting there with no malice Stark would have maintained preparedness but relaxed his posture. It absolutely has to do with how powerful she is, because Doom had no wish to die trying to see his vision so if he thought she was capable he wouldn't have done it, he's a genius unlike Rere.

Johnny is the REAL Ghost Rider, Carter Slade is the old west GR but his is not supernatural based, it is more based on light refraction and being able to trick enemies, similar to how magicians make things happen but that doesn't mean that you actually had a quarter behind your ear that was just a trick. They have already established that Carter is dead within the GR series of comics, the two have met and worked together on multiple time traveling story lines so why would you bring back Carter....yeah he wouldn't hold up in today's landscape of heroes I mean you basically have Moon Knight who is what Carter was minus the horse.

Logan is better off alive and getting rid of X-23. Honestly I liked OML as a short mini-series but the current run of OML is not that good, I would like to see Wolverine return and see how he interacts with OML. Plus bringing him back can cutting X-23 back to where she belongs as a supporting character will allow Marvel to tell a good story with returning OML to his proper time/world and cut one more book out of their long list of books they publish monthly allowing them to focus on quality over quantity.

1) getting rid of the PC agenda characters will save Marvel because those are the reason they lost a lot of the classic fans. If Marvel makes it a serious apology to the fans and kill off all the PC crap they will possibly win back some (not necessarily all) of the older guys who quit reading who will in turn bring their kids into the Marvel family reading books. Hell I know for me that I will buy 10 copies of the book that kills Miles Morales for myself plus get a copy for each of my kids and for my nieces and nephews. And I haven't bought a Marvel book since Marvel started all this crap with race swapping, gender bending and PC agenda pushing. Hell I was ok with the Ultimate Universe having a black Nick Fury because it was a different universe, I would have been ok with Miles had they done the story where instead of Peter being Spidey in that Universe they just had Miles get the powers, I would have been ok if they would have had Peter being Spidey and Miles becomes his sidekick after being turned to crime by his uncle and getting caught by Peter but the story they told was a Peter's Uncle Ben and Miles is Peter version of Peter's story and then fast forwarded through the whole "I'm quitting" story arc of Peter's with Miles.

2) The only person who is a bigger fool than the people running Marvel would be people who like Miles or any of the PC characters, because they are all garbage. The PC characters have not been amongst Marvel's better selling titles Unworthy Thor sold better than Mighty thor, Mighty thor outsold most of the other PC books but Amazing Spider-Man consistently out sold all the PC books. hell she only sold 37,000 units last month which is middle of the road for Marvel. Iron Man was selling about 37,000 units now they are down to 31,000. Infamous sold at 27,000 last month. Oh I realize how many bad titles Marvel has staring white characters also, but the reality is that the first step in fixing Marvel is to cut the number of titles (they had 92 titles sold last month) because when you put out that much stuff people are not going to buy all of it, hell most will not be buying 1/2 of it so focus on quality over quantity (which I've stated numerous times) and part of that quality over quantity is getting rid of the PC crap. If Marvel was only putting out 30-40 books a month and most of them were REALLY good (Amazing Spider-man, Infamous Iron Man) and then they decided to put out Mosaic then fans would be more willing to give it a look and Marvel should do the first issue at a reduced price to incentive people to pick it up.

3) If I could get my hands on Marvel for 1 year I could easily fix their slump because I have no agenda beyond making Marvel great again. I don't want to see rip off 2nd rate wanna-bes pretending to be heroes.

Ohhh interesting idea take Miles and kamala and turn them into villains then miles can take on the title Tarantula like the 3 guys before that had that title....and kamala could be a new villain for the Fantastic Four when they come back.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drake_pendragon: Let me make this as clear as I possibly can. Getting rid of a few characters isn't going to save Marvel and only a moron will think so. Marvel has an entire list of huge problems that has effected their sales and only getting rid of a few aint going to change anything .

You literally know nothing about Cho and Banner if you think they're the same. Cho's Hulk has is written vastly different than Banner's and isn't a rage machine and unlike Banner he actually likes being the Hulk.

Comparing OMD to Miles' resurrection do you even know how or why she was brought back? Of course you didn't. Yes all those "PC" books have been far better than Mosaic there's no arguing that. Ms Marvel, Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, even TA Hulk and I don't even care for it that much have been more enjoyable. What's more shocking is that book despite it's little marketing was given more than Marvel's more deserving titles that has received little to none.

Mar-Vell sucked it end if story. Logan coming back would be pointless. OML is playing the same role that Logan did before his death while adjusting to life in the new prime universe. Laura is perfectly fine where she's at.

Johnny is not the real Ghost Rider it will always be Carter and Johnny is the new guy that took the name with no prior connection just like Robbie did but you're only hating on one.

Im not even going to bother with this one.

The current Amazing Spider-Man is mediocre to ok at best with Peter written as basically the new Tony Stark and is barely staying in the top 10 compared to how it was doing Pre ANAD. Slott hasn't written a good Spider-Man story since Superior while his current Silver Surfer is much better.

Most of the titles that beat out Mighty Thor in April were #1s which doesn't say much because #1s and #2s usually do well and without those Mighty Thor, All-new Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Invincible made up some of Marvel's better sales. Most of Marvel's best selling titles sell above 30k compared to Marvel before Secret Wars.

With each passing issue the gap between Mighty and Unworthy became small. Despite it's great writing Unworthy owes it's good sales to Marvel actually marketing it and the assumption that Odinson would be worthy by the end of it. Before ANAD Marvel Mighty Thor still was one of Marvel's better selling titles.

If you got your hands on Marvel you'll do just as bad a job as the morons running it now. For the last time getting rid of a few characters isn't going to save Marvel, their problems are gonna take a lot of work to fix. While you continue to believe that is the key to saving Marvel I'll keep shaking my head and laughing.

At this point I can see nothing is going to change here so I'm finished with this.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Yes!!

It's strange because whenever I explain the Spider People to Non Comic book readers I have to keep referring him to as "The Black Spider-Man" and Peter Parker as "The White Spider-Man".

That way they understand, only people who read comic books would understand.

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Actually you could call Peter Spider-man and Miles black spider-man. Because there is no need to describe Peter as White because if you say "spider-man" to most people, even those who aren't comic fans, they think of Peter Parker in the classic red and blue costume not this 2nd rate PC push black Peter

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drake_pendragon: True, but I also have to tell them their is a Black Spider-Man. Most initial responses are "What!?! There's a Black and White Spider-Man???"

I'm just saying it would be easier for a different name Marvel please.

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: well based on that then you should mention Miguel O'Hara who is a Hispanic Spider-man from the year 2099. Personally I hope they just kill off Miles. I would love to see the end of Secret Empire have them use the cosmic cube to undo the effects of the Taragen Mist, the Secret Wars story, and undo One More Day. that would get rid of Kamala Khan, get rid of Miles and get MJ and Peter back together. Once you do that stuff it would allow us to do a good story that could drop the number of spider characters. I'm very proud that Marvel already gave Eddie Brock the Venom symbiote back. Once they drop the number of comics they are pushing out they can find a new way to bring in original characters like Mosaic who are diverse and they can promote them to build them into top level heroes. Cause how great would it be to see a new black hero who isn't simply living off the coat tails of top star heroes. Making these new characters take over the mantles of these established heroes is like if they created a white character and had them step in as the "new" Black Panther wearing a costume similar to T'Challa's costume with slight changes which would allow for T'Challa to focus on being the ruler of Wakanda. Could you imagine the anger and backlash that people would have with that?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake_pendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles should keep the name no one said anything when Miguel O'Harra kept the Spider-man name.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rell127: It's race related, they always claim it's not but it is. For instance if you mention kill off Miguel watch them change their tune. They will go we like Mosiac but talk to most black fans like myself we hate chacters like Moasic and Cyborg. Why because they are tokens and are written as such. Also Miles is mixed notice they are angry about Miles but don't say shit about all the white characters that have been creates similar.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.