Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

New 'Ultimate Spider-Man' Art: Miles Morales Character Study

• 92 results
    Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cytorrak
    @Clue_: Are you seriously calling someone a racist because they don't like a comic book character?
    Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cytorrak

It looks like they spent a lot of time on his race, and none on his character. The artist even revealed in an interview that Miles has no supporting cast of his own, they're basically just going to plop him with Peter's supporting cast. It's almost disgusting.

Oh, and to those saying it's racist to be against this, these are comic books. People don't like following the story of one character for years and then being told to follow someone else. It's like coming home to find your dog dead, and someone offering to buy you a replacement. You don't care if they promise it'll be a newer, younger dog, it's not yours.

Additionally, when Ben Reilly premiered, fan reaction was initially positive when he was just a new character. When they tried to replace Peter with him, fans went nuts. They were writing thousands of angry letters (the internet wasn't as big then) and Marvel described the response as fans coming to the office with pitchforks and torches.

Ben Reilly was literally a clone of Peter. The only difference was that he dyed his hair blonde. The response was more negative then than it is now, and that was with a carbon copy with blonde hair.

The Ultimate universe is on it's final leg, and Bendis is trying desperately to draw attention to it.

lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By lastdrag0n89
    @The_Peter_Cosmic: Haha, thats tragic. Its just that cornrows are out of style. Its like the mullet and the jerry curl. Ill say anyone still wearing cornrows are (urbanly speaking) "Lame." It was a fad that just went out.
    wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By wdchefdave

Kids don't play on skateboards or wear corn rows so much these days. "Static" should move out and let "Black Lightning " do his job.. Someone got stuck in the 80's! I assume the new Spider-Man is half black and half Hispanic...not unlike the neighborhood I was raised in. (I'm half Irish and American Indian.) His name worries me.  It really IS a "racist name". Does Peter Parker or Clark Kent make you think of a certain race?  How about "Miles Morales"?  Even Stan Lee would know better than to use an OBVIOUS name like that! I'm sure he will be a very good Spider-man... despite his name or haircut, or dog and skateboard! I do like the costume! But, if he has an Aunt Maria...

Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Clue_
    @mrmisanthrope said:
    @Clue_: Are you seriously calling someone a racist because they don't like a comic book character?
    Wrong. 1. I was joking, 2. I called him a racist because he said he looked like a punk. 

@mrmisanthrope said:
    It looks like they spent a lot of time on his race, and none on his character. The artist even revealed in an interview that Miles has no supporting cast of his own, they're basically just going to plop him with Peter's supporting cast. It's almost disgusting.  Oh, and to those saying it's racist to be against this, these are comic books. People don't like following the story of one character for years and then being told to follow someone else. It's like coming home to find your dog dead, and someone offering to buy you a replacement. You don't care if they promise it'll be a newer, younger dog, it's not yours.  Additionally, when Ben Reilly premiered, fan reaction was initially positive when he was just a new character. When they tried to replace Peter with him, fans went nuts. They were writing thousands of angry letters (the internet wasn't as big then) and Marvel described the response as fans coming to the office with pitchforks and torches.  Ben Reilly was literally a clone of Peter. The only difference was that he dyed his hair blonde. The response was more negative then than it is now, and that was with a carbon copy with blonde hair.  The Ultimate universe is on it's final leg, and Bendis is trying desperately to draw attention to it.
    How can you even say this if he's only appeared ONCE? How can you possibly know how much time they put into his character or whether he'll have any sort of supporting cast?  

You're passing judgement on a character you haven't even really read, yet.
    Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cytorrak
    @Clue_ said:
    How can you even say this if he's only appeared ONCE? How can you possibly know how much time they put into his character or whether he'll have any sort of supporting cast?   You're passing judgement on a character you haven't even really read, yet.
    Because they're releasing tons of information about him, but all they're talking about is his appearance. His haircut, his posture, art. They've released images of him as a child with his family, but the artist outright stated Miles is taking over Peter's supporting cast.

Why aren't they revealing information about his personality, about his beliefs, or at the very least how his powers will be different from Peter's? I'm saying, they're telling us a lot about the color of his skin, and nothing about his character.

Though really, it's Bendis. He writes everyone the same anyway. Hell, in the issue Miles was introduced in, how many people delivered basically the exact same line about his costume being in bad taste?
    Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Clue_
    @mrmisanthrope said:
    @Clue_ said:
    How can you even say this if he's only appeared ONCE? How can you possibly know how much time they put into his character or whether he'll have any sort of supporting cast?   You're passing judgement on a character you haven't even really read, yet.
    Because they're releasing tons of information about him, but all they're talking about is his appearance. His haircut, his posture, art. They've released images of him as a child with his family, but the artist outright stated Miles is taking over Peter's supporting cast.  Why aren't they revealing information about his personality, about his beliefs, or at the very least how his powers will be different from Peter's? I'm saying, they're telling us a lot about the color of his skin, and nothing about his character.  Though really, it's Bendis. He writes everyone the same anyway. Hell, in the issue Miles was introduced in, how many people delivered basically the exact same line about his costume being in bad taste?
    When does Marvel ever release stuff like that other than when it comes to ESTABLISHED characters in pieces such as Psych Ward? 

Telling you a lot about the color of his skin? What? They revealed his race, that was pretty much it. This piece is about his design, what do you expect, for the artist to pretend he's not Black? 

The line was repeated by different people because it was, what they call in writing and other entertainment mediums; "a running gag." It was comical in nature. It's not very rare to have a bunch of different people say the same thing to you over a course of a short period of time, either. Have your qualms with his writing, though. 
    Handski253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Handski253
    @Babs said:

@GBrutality said:

first off, storm grew up in cairo i thought? egypt may be in africa, but that's being egyptian.

Egypt is in Africa.

Yeah, Egyptians are still Africans, much in the the same way that New Jerseyites are still Americans (though sometimes we wish they weren't) which would make someone from Egypt (or of Egyptian descent) who is an American citizen an African-American. Also, take a look at your census next time it comes around, because Indians are a sub-listing of the Asian catagory (they differentiate between Asian Indian and American Indian) 

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. I am super excited for this new Ultimate Spider-Man. I love all of the art that Sara Pichelli did on the past books and this concept art is fantastic. I can't wait to see where she and Bendis take this character.
    Handski253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Handski253

Another thing that I'm really liking about this new character (much like I enjoyed with ultimate peter parker) is that because he is so young (they're talking what, 12-14?) We will get to see him grow, not only as a hero, but as a person, we get to see this young kid who is still forming his ideas about what he feels the world is and we'll get to see how becoming the new spider-man will shape these world-views. That's one thing I prefer about these ultimate universe kids to the older heroes. The older characters have already been around and formed their opinions and personalities prior to becoming heroes. But with this kid, I think it will probably be the most interesting thing to read. At that age, you are constantly changing how you look at things and what your opinions are. I know I've changed and grown a lot in these past two years from 18-20, and when I was the age of Miles, I know I changed what I thought about things 20 times in a day. We're going to see a character in some of the most important times in his life, and that is probably the most amazing part of the whole thing.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Eyz

So...will he have two costumes?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By pixelized

A hoodie and a jacket on top of shorts... I'm not sure what climate he's in.

MilosR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MilosR
    @mrmisanthrope said:
    It looks like they spent a lot of time on his race, and none on his character. The artist even revealed in an interview that Miles has no supporting cast of his own, they're basically just going to plop him with Peter's supporting cast.
    No that's not what Sara Pichelli said... She said that he WILL have a cast of his own, but that the characters from the pevious book will appear in the new one... At first I was sceptical, but I'm more excited for this book now.... I think it will be great... I can see that Bendis and Pichelli are trying to make Miles character of his own and not just some copy of Peter... Love Pichelli's artwork, she's one of my favourite artists... I'm hoping that this goes well... I have full trust in Bendis, and his abbilities as a writer... So good luck to them, I'll be shure to pick this up on September 14th... :D
    Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Planewalker

Nice designs but I'm still put off by this character rather he'd be asian then Hispanic....

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jamesisaacs
    @Planewalker said:
    Nice designs but I'm still put off by this character rather he'd be asian then Hispanic....
    Yeh a Chinese/ Japanese spider man would be great.
    jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jamesisaacs

Is his "Mary Jane" going to be an ethnic minority as well?

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Meteorite

Pretty pumped for this!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67  Edited By kagato

Love the new spidey costume, i always liked blacksuit spidey and this seems to go in that general direction!

mightybob3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mightybob3000

SPIDERP MANG GONNAN BE DE GREATEST MARVEL EVAR

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By fodigg

My thoughts: 

• Spider-Man with a French Bulldog is awesome. Please let him keep his dog. Spider-Man deserves a dog. You can name him "Lil' Ben."
    • I'm glad they didn't go with the corn row haircut. Nothing against them, mind, but then I would always think of Riley form the Boondocks, because the art above seems very similar. Especially since he's now younger.
    • I really like the bottom-left costume idea, with the black/navy body but a filled-in chest.
    • I think actually think one of the most exciting parts of a new series like this isn't even necessarily the main character, but the new villains.
    Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By Transmetal

why does Spiderman have a french bulldog...Id give this kid a pug instead
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Larkin1388

I like the black with red suit.

Handski253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Handski253
    @pixelized: The same one that Sir Mix-A-Lot goes to for his videos, where the girls dance around in bikinis and he wears a fur coat.
    Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By Samimista

I have to say I'm really looking forward to reading more about Miles after just reading the Ultimate Fallout #4 issue I've already fell in love with the character.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By fodigg
    @Transmetal said:
    why does Spiderman have a french bulldog...Id give this kid a pug instead
    Looking at it again it might be a boston terrier.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By difficlus

Interesting article guys! 
    @wdchefdave said:

Kids don't play on skateboards or wear corn rows so much these days. "Static" should move out and let "Black Lightning " do his job.. Someone got stuck in the 80's! 
    I agree
    Coluber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Coluber

I just don't like that pose he has in that last picture. It makes poor Miles look like a girl, and he already has enough trouble as it is, filling out some big shoes.
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#77  Edited By The Impersonator

Nice! Can't wait to see the new Spidey in action. 

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By fodigg
    @Planewalker said:
    Because there's already Miguel O'Hara? I understand wanting an Asian flagship character for the big two, but it's not like there can only be one Latino Spider-Man.
    Konami_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Konami_Fox

ima go head and throw this out there. The new spider man might also be homosexual

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fodigg
    @Konami_Fox said:
    ima go head and throw this out there. The new spider man might also be homosexual
    So could anyone you don't see having sex with a member of the opposite sex right that very moment. In fact, even then there is a chance.  

But what makes you think, specifically, that he would be?
    Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Degalon

Thank GOD they didn't go with the cornrows. 

No reason for Spider-Man to turn into The Boondocks. 

As for racism...the look they went with made this kid the whitest looking black kid I've ever seen.  He reminds me of Urkel.  So...the idea of "racism" just kinda loops in itself here and becomes irrelevant.

Major_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Major_USA

i like the fact they are changeing it up

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tiger26

most of the comments here prove me right about fanboys
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By One_Eye

I'm more than up for the change in characters especially if it repairs all the damage done by Ultimatum.

Besides if I'm going to read or watch an alternate take on an already established universe then I'd rather it not be just another coat of paint. Also, it doesn't seem like the change of ethnicity is a gimmick.

theghost910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By theghost910

Just dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RichyRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RichyRich

I have only one problem with Miles Morales. Its the mixed race thing. It just seems stupid. Why cant he be fully African american or fully Hispanic?  Im sure I sound uneducated, but it just seems like pandering to more audiences than necessary. Im picking this book up for the writing, not the racial mix. But thats only my two cents
    UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By UnosInfinitos

I like how he got his costume from Hot-Topic

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RichyRich said:

I have only one problem with Miles Morales. Its the mixed race thing. It just seems stupid. Why cant he be fully African american or fully Hispanic? Im sure I sound uneducated, but it just seems like pandering to more audiences than necessary. Im picking this book up for the writing, not the racial mix. But thats only my two cents

Having this explained earlier on might ease everyone's confusion as to why his parents are different ethnicities. Besides, most of my friends are mixed. I have only one friend who is just Mexican, and even that is suspect.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By riri4life

I just love his name "Miles Morales." Def sounds like he could play for my team. XP

Avatar image for ultimate_miracleman
    Ultimate_MiracleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

officially the series i am most looking forward to all year.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By blur1528

Yea they definitely picked the best outta these choices.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PaperDemon

Nice!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.