Follow

Miles Morales

Character » Miles Morales appears in 1193 issues.

Originally created in the Ultimate Universe, this version of Spider-Man is a 16 year old kid named Miles Morales from Brooklyn who takes on the Spider-Man identity after Peter Parker's death. Miles discovers spider powers of his own after he was bitten by a spider 11 months before Peter's death, and uses these powers to be the best superhero he can be. Currently, Miles lives in the main Marvel Universe and is a member of the Champions.

Give Miles his dog back

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By fodigg

The character study thread for Miles Morales included some discussion about giving Miles a dog. The art included shows an older Miles Morales than was eventually decided upon with a skateboard and what looks like a French Bulldog (or possibly a Boston Terrier): 

The skateboarding thing, well, it seems fine the way its drawn above, but it kind of makes me worry cause Marvel has had an overabundance of skateboarding black characters before to the point where it's become kind of a joke.  

As for the dog, though, I think that's awesome! I'm a big dog person and I'd love for Ultimate Spidey to have a dog. It would definitely say something about Miles. Every interaction would be a potential pet the dog moment for the character, it would allow for potential kick the dog moments for villains, and it could pave the way for Ultimate Pet Avengers! Because Miles is younger now too, Bendis could even show him finding and adopting the dog (out of a sense of responsibility!).

Go Ultimate Spider-Dog. 

Also, what would Miles Morales name his dog? That'd be a big personality sign.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Samimista

I think the doggy is so cute I could see it being named Spike if the artist decided to keep the dog in the comics.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By blur1528

Miles and Spike the Spider-Hound. I back this all the way.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @fodigg: I think that concept is 100% better than what we ended up with
    CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

They could introduce the dog later in the series.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

The series is still young. Give it time for Miles to grow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.