Follow

Mikaboshi

Character » Mikaboshi appears in 79 issues.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi is the Japanese god of chaos and evil, an aspect of Oblivion. His goal was to put an end to creation and bring about a new age of chaos and void. After almost destroying the Multiverse, he was sealed off to a realm, where he dwells in a endless nothingess for all of eternity.

Has any villain risen in prominence as quickly as Mikaboshi?

DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DRDOOM28

Even when he first came on the scene he made an impression.  He kidnaps Ares' son, brainwashes him, conquers Olympus, and kills Zeus, arguably Marvel's second most prominent Skyfather after Odin.  I became a fan when he was simply believed to be the Japanese god of evil, but now his attack on Olympus seems pretty damn minor in comparison to what he's doing now.  I admit I'm having a hard time comprehending just how powerful he's become and what he's accomplished.  Not since Thanos obtained the Infinity Gauntlet has someone so thoroughly threatened the Marvel Universe.  Pretty impressive for a character who's been around less than five years. 

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Writers are just running out of good ideas for universal calamities. Mikaboshi is a lazy idea. He went from skyfather to equal to Eternity in the blink of an eye.  

I think it's fairly pointless to have beings like Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion (originally it was only Eternity and Death), since finding characters equal or greater in power is now so common. 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " Writers are just running out of good ideas for universal calamities. Mikaboshi is a lazy idea. He went from skyfather to equal to Eternity in the blink of an eye.   I think it's fairly pointless to have beings like Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion (originally it was only Eternity and Death), since finding characters equal or greater in power is now so common.  "
    I couldn't agree more. There isn't much more I could add to this statement, when I first heard about Chaos War I was excited to see Herc and all that again, but then I saw who it was and I was bummed out.
    agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By agent9149
    DRDOOM28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DRDOOM28
    @jloneblackheart: Well I'd have to agree on the note that the writers were lazy in explaining his power increase.  I get how he went from the original Oblivion to the power of a Skyfather, but they don't really explain how he got back to his original level of power.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think the better villain for something like Chaos War would have been the Dragon of the Moon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nekron rose pretty quickly.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian
    @Jake Fury said:
    " Nekron rose pretty quickly. "
    I thought about him too but I don't think, and feel free to correct if I am wrong, they changed his power level.
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AMS

Onslaught
    sentrylives111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sentrylives111

did i hear right that this guy just pritty much ate everything but 616 cus what is that equal in power to when thanos got the heart of the univerce thats pritty major
    JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JackKnight

Anti-Monitor anyone?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.