Follow

Might Guy

Character » Might Guy appears in 447 issues.

Konoha's Noble Green Beast, Might Guy. Guy is a Jonin of Konoha and Leader of Team Guy, which consists of Hyuuga Neji, Tenten, and Rock Lee.

Might Guy Base Speed Calc

• 94 results
    alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By alextheboss

@tsoj: If that's the actual case it contradicts Sasuke's and Zetsu's statements. Also supposedly the line from the book is vague. So I wouldn't take that as fact.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Several things contradict their statements. One, the statement that Kakashi was able to cut a bolt of lightning. I get that it's a statement, but what Sasuke and Zetsu said are also just statements, so to accept one but not the other is hypocritical. I doesn't help that those statements, unlike the Kakashi statement, have been contradicted before, which leads to two and three. Two, the fact that a tired, injured, sick, and dying Itachi could to Kirin contradicts their statements (Zetsu even says that Itachi far slower than he usually is). Three, the Fourth Raikage and a tired, injured base Naruto being able to effortlessly dodge/block (respectively) Amaterasu (which Kirin's speed was compared to) contradicts their statements. Four, Kankurou and fodder dodging lightning contradicts their statements (it really couldn't have been anything else but dodging, as I explained in that thread). And five, this calc, which is supported by only canonical evidence, also contradicts their statements. (I normally wouldn't use my own calc as evidence, but since it really is backed up purely by canon, I don't see why not. The other four should suffice, though.)

Far too many things contradict what Sasuke and Zetsu said, so it must be what they said that doesn't fit and should be considered an the inconsistency.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: It's not just a statement though because Itachi resorted to using his susanoe saying he would of died if he didn't. Techniquelly that's a statement too, but we see it on panel. We don't see Kakashi cutting a lighting bold.

Saying that any strong ninja could dodge lighting makes Sasuke and Zetsu look like idiots and Itachi look like a weakling.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: You're right, they're not just statements. They're statements that are inconsistent with other statements and feats later on. Sasuke and Zetsu's statement were directly contradicted several times, that alone should disprove them. On the other hand, nothing has contradicted the statement about Kakashi's feat, even if we've never seen it on-panel. We also don't have much reason to disregard the statement or consider it false either. Plus, there are those other things I mentioned that also contradict Sasuke and Zetsu's statements. It doesn't matter if Sasuke and Zetsu come out as idiots or whatever, their statements are still inconsistent.

BTW, do you know why this thread was moved here?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: I have no idea why the thread was moved, lol.

As for the Kakashi thing, do we know he did it on real lightning, it could of been lightning jutsu if it wasn't specified.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tsoj

Well they've never referred to it as a jutsu before, just a bolt of lightning. Even the databook just refers to it as such, never a jutsu. And since they actually recognize that lightning jutsu are slower than actual lightning, I don't think they'd name an attack based off of such a feat if it were just some slow lightning jutsu. That just doesn't seem impressive enough for shinobi to think it as so great a feat that they would name an S-rank jutsu after.

Avatar image for great_black_star
    great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: @tsoj:
    great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj:Still its was cool though.

Anyway, Kakashi is at least as fast as Guy in base, even if he lack behind he is not far behind.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Sasuke and Zetzu where not talking about every ninja, they where talking about a sick and dying Itachi.

Kakashi and Guy have better stats than Itachi, without Susanoo Kakashi and Guy would both wreck Itachi.

And a bunch of low level ninja dodge lightning as pointed out above. Guy and Kakashi is base a very much massively hyper-sonic.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: No, Sasuke said it was just as undodgeable as amaterasu. Then zetsu said lighitng hit the ground in under a thousandth of a second it's so fast. It is obvious they aren't faster than lighting.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Again read the novel he's talking about above, people far slower than both Guy and Kakashi dodge natural lightning. That's proof.

@love: No, Sasuke said it was just as undodgeable as amaterasu. Then zetsu said lighitng hit the ground in under a thousandth of a second it's so fast. It is obvious they aren't faster than lighting.

If Amaterasu = Lightning speed, and that's what you just said than Guy and Kakashi are easily fast enough.

No Caption Provided

^ If Gara's sand can out pace Amaterasu which is = to Lightning, you said it. Than Guy and Kakashi easily surpass that.

And Now I'm going to show you a speed feat from the RS.

No Caption Provided

^ Pain had 5 seconds before he could use any jutsu, Naruto after charging the RS up threw it at Pain and it crossed a mountain range in less than a second. " 4 seconds left before he can use his tech again." that was after Naruto used RS. ( Remember he has to charge it up before throwing it, so for a fraction of that Second Naruto was still charging the attack making it even a even greater speed feat.

No Caption Provided

^ Here's a better picture for the distance it traveled. ( this is all around the time Itachi and Sasuke fought.) you may be wondering what Naruto has to do with this. I'm getting there.

No Caption Provided

^ RS and Susanoo arrow have been show multiple times to be dead even in speed. Once here and once in there final fight.

No Caption Provided

^ Kakashi ( was not able to dodge it, but was able react to it.)

1. RS is able to cross an entire mountain range, I don't know much about mountain ranges but I do know they can stretch for miles.
    2. Sasuke's Arrow has been show to as fast as Naruto's RS
    3. Kakashi can react to the Arrow at what 20 yards away? And that said Arrow is as fast as the RS which can cross miles in less than a second?

Yea I think Guy and Kakashi can out pace Lighting.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By alextheboss

@love: I agree they could react to lighting like Kakashi could use kamui on it, but they can't out run it. And using those examples within seconds doesn't mean anything when lighting hits in 1,000th of a second. Supposedly lighting is around 1/3 the speed of light so you are claiming base Kakashi and Guy are about light speed now.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Love

@alextheboss: Lightning is not 1/3 of light..... That's ridiculous.

Lightning is less than mach 300, light is mach 874030

RS crossed miles in less than a second. Karin was close to the target when it went off.

1. They where on top of a mountain
    2. Kirin came down towards Itachi before firing.
    3. So it was like 100 feet away.
    4. Itachi was half blind, sick, out of chakra, and his leg was ripped to shreds and he reacted to it.
    alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By alextheboss

@love: Idk This is the first thing that comes up

"The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light)."

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: It doesn't matter what speed it travels at. ( average lightning is less than mach 300)

There is canon proof that low level people can do it, by logic any high tier person should be able to do it.

Besides It took Karin 1000th of a second at a very close range.

Naruto was able to charge and throw a RS across multiple miles in less than a second, I don't know how to calculate that but I think the RS is a better feat.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: I'm pretty sure the karin feat is quite a bit better. It came from the sky so it wasn't that close.

Sasuke and Zetsu made it pretty clear no normal ninja could dodge it and even if they did it doesn't make them faster than lighting. You could jump out of the way of a car going 40 mph but that doesn't make you faster than the car.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Look at the Krinin scan, it was not far away at all, It as basically right over Itatchi.

I would know the car is coming, these Fodder ninja has no clue and still dodged it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By alextheboss

@love: It's hard to tell how high the clouds are from the angle of the scans.

If a ninja dodged lightning and it's not sated to be natural lighting it is automatically lighting jutsu.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By alextheboss

Ya but supposedly it was kind of vague. Also it's possible kishimoto made a mistake.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: It was definitely natural lightning. Kankurou even explains this. The only thing that could be considered vague is what exactly happen, but even calling it vague is a stretch TBH. Really, it isn't all that vague. They could have done nothing else but dodge the lightning or get hit by it. They weren't hit by the lightning, so they must have dodged it.

great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: Idk This is the first thing that comes up

"The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light)."

You are mixing the actual speed of lightning with the return stroke which is just the flash we see not the lightning.

http://www.maine.gov/mema/prepare/prep_display.shtml?163524

Lightning is is actally around mach 300 only, but if we are talking about Kirin it is above mach 5000, coz it can reach the ground in 1/1000 of a sec. Kirn is far faster and more destrutive than any real lightning, coz no lightning can bust a large hill or mountain.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By tsoj

@great_black_star: Huh, you're right. Kirin is faster than natural lightning. It takes longer than a millisecond for lightning to reach the ground, though how long exactly depends on the height of the clouds and the height of whatever the lightning hits. Apparently, lightning (Mach 300) can travel only 0.1029 km in a millisecond, and thunderclouds can be anywhere from 6 to 23 km high.

If we go by 4 km (minus 1 km since Itachi was on a high elevation, though I don't know how high, and minus another 1 km to really lowball it), then it would take about 38.87 milliseconds for natural lightning to reach its destination. Since this lightning takes only 1 millisecond (as said by Zetsu), that makes Kirin about Mach 11661.

great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj: Yup, Kirin is above any normal lightning as people are trying to make it out.

Then it also kinda in way supporting your calc which I feel iffy.

Anyway I guess ninjas aren't that slow as we think they were.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj said:

@alextheboss: @love: I'm pretty sure that the Gaara Hiden even explicitly notes that most lightning jutsu are generally slower than actual lightning, so Kakashi blocking Kakuzu's lightning jutsu shouldn't be counted as a lightning reaction feat. Unless the jutsu is noted for being that fast of course, but I don't think it is.

But, as I've said before, there's also the fact that a bunch of fodder and Kankurou dodged natural lightning, so it really isn't a big deal, at least not anymore. If they can do it, then Kakashi and Guy definitely should be able to as well.

i know this is like 3 days ago but can u send the scan of kankuro dodging it

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj said:

@alextheboss: @love: I'm pretty sure that the Gaara Hiden even explicitly notes that most lightning jutsu are generally slower than actual lightning, so Kakashi blocking Kakuzu's lightning jutsu shouldn't be counted as a lightning reaction feat. Unless the jutsu is noted for being that fast of course, but I don't think it is.

But, as I've said before, there's also the fact that a bunch of fodder and Kankurou dodged natural lightning, so it really isn't a big deal, at least not anymore. If they can do it, then Kakashi and Guy definitely should be able to as well.

i know this is like 3 days ago but can u send the scan of kankuro dodging it

I think you mean years ago, lol.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: No I don’t. I don’t recall him ever doing it either. Maybe he is referring to one of the novels?

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: No I don’t. I don’t recall him ever doing it either. Maybe he is referring to one of the novels?

Ooh its k tho, just wanted to be sure base guy is faster than lightening which i know now

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: Guy is probably faster than lightning with 7th gate, and way faster than lightning with 8th gate, but nothing below 7th imo.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By EpicHotFlame

@alextheboss: isnt he faster than fodders who dodged lightening in base?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: dodging lightnign doesn't mean faster than lightning, it just means they are lightning timers. Lightning travels miles through the sky, while to dodge it you only need to move a few feet.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

true but kakashi is faster than those fodders who dodged it tho and guy is faster than kakashi

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: That doesn't make him faster than lightning though. that just makes him faster than someone who dodged lightning.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: still impressive for a fodder to do that and kakashi woud be massivey able to do more than they did, anyways, it should makes atleast 6th gates faster than lightening

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: I wouldn't call Kankuro fodder. He was able to fight Sasori.

Avatar image for deactivated-600f199354a16
    deactivated-600f199354a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's fast for a base gai.....

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epichotflame: I wouldn't call Kankuro fodder. He was able to fight Sasori.

Lol no i mean the other fodder not kankuro

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dokotsuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Tell that to Dragon Ball fans. Cause they are convinced Goku has been LS since the original Dragon Ball series. But I do think that cause it's fiction it is slightly possible. And with chakra it might negate the effects of LS travel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.