Follow

Michael Lane

Character » Michael Lane appears in 75 issues.

A former Gotham police officer that was changed into a Batman has taken the sword of Azrael as agent of the Order of Purity, from the Sacred Order of Saint Dumas.

BFTC: Azrael: Death's Dark Knight #3, Is Azrael Staying?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Do you think this mini-series added anything to "Battle For The Cowl"?  What do you think of Michael Lane being the new Azrael?  Does he fit in with the rest of the "Bat Family"?  Would you buy an on-going Azrael comic in the fall?
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

So they're putting out another new Bat Book this year, for a total of what 8......9?

Batbooks 2009
    Batman
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Streets of Gotham
    Detective Comics
    Red Robin
    Gotham City Sirens
    Outsiders
    Batgirl
    Azreal

Did I miss any?

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nibiru
    @DMC said:
    "So they're putting out another new Bat Book this year, for a total of what 8......9?

Batbooks 2009BatmanBatman & RobinBatman Streets of GothamDetective ComicsRed RobinGotham City SirensOutsidersBatgirlAzrealDid I miss any?"

I came.
    The Law-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The Law-man

Good, I like the new Azrael

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @DMC said:
    " So they're putting out another new Bat Book this year, for a total of what 8......9?

Batbooks 2009BatmanBatman & RobinBatman Streets of GothamDetective ComicsRed RobinGotham City SirensOutsidersBatgirlAzrealDid I miss any? "
    Batman confidential
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By DMC
    @Chaos Agent said:
    "
    @DMC said:
    " So they're putting out another new Bat Book this year, for a total of what 8......9?

Batbooks 2009BatmanBatman & RobinBatman Streets of GothamDetective ComicsRed RobinGotham City SirensOutsidersBatgirlAzrealDid I miss any? "
    Batman confidential "
    I was only counting the ongoing monthly issues titles, pretty sure Batman Confidential is not.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Decept-O

Why are so many characters able to infiltrate or otherwise "accidentally" discover the Batcave?????  SERIOUSLY.  As paranoid and ultra-secretive, cunning, and intelligent Bruce Wayne is portrayed as being, it is such a cop-out to have so many characters know about the Batcave.  He should hire Zatanna for a little "mindwiping".  Anyhoo.....  So...who were the "lady gatecrashers" Nightwing mentions?  Is he referring to anyone specifically that was part of the story, or is he talking about women from a party at the Wayne Manor?  If it's the latter...what exactly did Nighwing DO with the "lady gatecrashers" if he injected them with the cocktail?   Sorry, but EVERY time I hear the name Azrael, I always think of the cat from the Smurfs' cartoon.  Make Azrael a villain down the road, that'd be interesting...MAYBE that will happen?  Who knows?  The Shadow knows. 

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NightFang3
    @Nibiru said:
    "
    @DMC said:
    "So they're putting out another new Bat Book this year, for a total of what 8......9?

Batbooks 2009BatmanBatman & RobinBatman Streets of GothamDetective ComicsRed RobinGotham City SirensOutsidersBatgirlAzrealDid I miss any?"
    I came. "
                 LOL, Let the fun never end.
    teflondon3663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teflondon3663

i think this is lame ......do we really need another bat book?  i dont think so to be honest...... and who cares about azreal when blackest night is coming...... go black lantern batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth
    Azrael is awesome..

I'm gonna be getting the monthly :)
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Nighthunter
    @DMC said:
    "
    @Chaos Agent said:
    "
    @DMC said:

Batman confidential "
    I was only counting the ongoing monthly issues titles, pretty sure Batman Confidential is not. "
    it is a monthly ongoing and has been for awhile
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I found this mini disappointing. It started out strong but ran out of gas in the second issue. I'll be passing on the upcoming series.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By burr787

I can't wait for this series. This book and Arkham Asylum have been the only good battle for the cowl tie-ins, and if Jason Todd lives through Battle for the Cowl A fight between the two of them would be awesome.

expmiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By expmiracle

god damn that ending sucked. you'd think that because its the last issue and because its called battle for the cowl this would have something to do with it but it doesn't . this was pointless.everything just seemed too convenient. nightwing has some injection that will make azrael forget just where the bat cave? come on, thats stupid.  the oracle ending was just as bad.

raidenexe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raidenexe

I was kind of hoping that Jean Paul Valley would come back as Azrael.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

Doesn't sound interesting enough

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.