What happened to old Metallo?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt really think there was a need for both Metallo and Cyborg Superman but i really dont like the human in an exo-suit Metallo either. What happened to the terminator version?  

Who is who in these pics? I want the terminator Cyborg Superman rip off back

Top Cow/DC Crossover
Top Cow/DC Crossover

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#2 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: That's the Metallo we have now. Secret Origins Metallo was pre-Underworld Unleashed Metallo.

At least, that's my understanding.
#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (8425 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
well the one in secret origins is the same one shown in the New Krypton story
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Ah, I haven't read New Krypton....and that's utterly ridiculous. Sigh, another Geoffcon it seems.
Avatar image for darth_brendroid
#5 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saying: lol. Metallo may be a Terminator knock-off, but he predates Cyborg Superman by at least a few decades. 

That said: Pre-Crisis, John Corben appeared in one story I think with skin on, then his brother appeared in a similar outfit to Geoffcon Metallo a couple of times before the Crisis. Post-Crisis, we have the Terminator Knock-off. Now the Geoffcon establishes that the old Silver Age outfit is the official design again. And unfortunately, there's a reason this one stayed in the Silver Age.

#6 Edited by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor kidnapped John Corben and turned him into the exo-suit looking Metallo back in Up, Up, and Away.

#7 Posted by Mumbles (858 posts) - - Show Bio

he settled down, got hitch. had a few metal kids, even a half metal dog. living in a small town outside new mexico state line.he has a nice little quite life if you ask me.

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21668 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I hate Johns.

#9 Posted by Thorion88 (379 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: You and me both.

Silverage Metallo looks dumb in comparison to John Byrne's redesign.
#10 Edited by DP812 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Note to Johns: just because it's a classic design doesn't make it good. This Metallo looks like a Christmas-themed supervillain.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (20922 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always thought he is a sucky villain.Cyborg Superman ftw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.