Follow

Masters of the Universe

Team » Masters of the Universe appears in 242 issues.

Great fighters of Eternia formed a new team to battle against Skeletor's army, The Evil Horde and The Snake Men.

Exclusive First Look: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - THE ORIGIN OF HORDAK

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There has been a lot of backstory given to characters from from the MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE world. We've seen the ORIGIN OF SKELETOR and, more recently, the ORIGIN OF HE-MAN. Looks like there are more origin stories coming.

DC Comics has given us the exclusive announcement for MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: THE ORIGIN OF HORDAK.

No Caption Provided

Who is Hordak? According to past stories, he's an alien conqueror determined to rule the one planet he failed to claime - Eternia. In his past attempts, Hordak has fought both He-Man and Skeletor.

This issue will be written by Keith Giffen and Brian Keene. The art and cover will be by Giffen and Scott Koblish. We'll get to find out how Hordak went about becoming a demigod and what happened to the old gods from his world.

With the coming one-shot, on sale May 29, we'll find out the full story of Hordak.

JangoCrossfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JangoCrossfire

I really enjoyed the Origin of Skeletor and Origin of He-Man one-shots, so I can't imagine this one letting me down. May 29th feels further away now...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By longbowhunter

I loved the Skeletor origin issue. Haven't picked up the He-Man one yet. I've read a few of Brian Keene's novels. Looking forward to reading this.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Onemoreposter

I was very impressed with the Origin of Skeletor one shot. Giffen is really channeling Kirby with this cover. All signs point to win. I'll be picking this up.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

@JangoCrossfire said:

I really enjoyed the Origin of Skeletor and Origin of He-Man one-shots, so I can't imagine this one letting me down. May 29th feels further away now...

^ Pretty much this.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#5  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@JangoCrossfire said:

This

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@NightFang said:

@JangoCrossfire said:

^ Pretty much this.

Except those were written by the AMAZING Joshua Hale Fialkov and this one isn't. Not that Kieth Giffen isn't great, his track record just isn't as solid as Fialkov's.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By DonFelipe

@JangoCrossfire said:

You won't have to wait until May for your next He-Man adventure. A new supposed-to-be-ongoing written by Giffen is scheduled for April. Check out CBRand the DC's solicits for April.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DonFelipe

@The Mighty Monarch said:

@NightFang said:

@JangoCrossfire said:

^ Pretty much this.

Except those were written by the AMAZING Joshua Hale Fialkov and this one isn't. Not that Kieth Giffen isn't great, his track record just isn't as solid as Fialkov's.

Still looking forward to more Masters of the Universe stories. Giffen did a great job with the mini-series, too. Besides, the He-Man origin was more about the visuals than story-line really.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@DonFelipe said:

@NightFang said:

@JangoCrossfire said:

^ Pretty much this.

Still looking forward to more Masters of the Universe stories. Giffen did a great job with the mini-series, too. Besides, the He-Man origin was more about the visuals than story-line really.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably get this origin as well to complete the 'trilogy' and if I had the budget I'd go for the ongoing; but Fialkov was at least 80% the only reason I picked up both of those origin one-shots.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Color me interested! Really loving these origin stories coming out, and this really is awesome since I've always had a soft spot for Hordak.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonFelipe

@DonFelipe said:

@NightFang said:

@JangoCrossfire said:

^ Pretty much this.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably get this origin as well to complete the 'trilogy' and if I had the budget I'd go for the ongoing; but Fialkov was at least 80% the only reason I picked up both of those origin one-shots.

Fair enough! It's okay to follow your favorite writers and artists and pick up their work and it's also okay to point out the next origin story and one-shot will be written by someone else like you did.

Nonetheless, Keith Giffen has done a great job with the mini-series (in fact he only wrote issues #2-6) and thus he's familiar with the Masters of the Universe, too.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Jenkale

another one? glad they are continuing since the mini series left it open ended. would love to see an ongoing. so can they PLEASE do an origin of the sorceress??? so curious about her back story

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Great, DC ruined Skeletor, now they're going to ruin Hordak! LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD ALONE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

liamcurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By liamcurry

No mention of She-Ra, aka his arch nemesis and former adopted daughter? OK...

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Trodorne

@Miss_Garrick said:

Great, DC ruined Skeletor, now they're going to ruin Hordak! LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD ALONE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Just think of this as post flashpoint He-man. look at it like this taking a skull from the past to the present has obviously screwed with time so why not say it screwed with continuity.

In terms of the series itself, I can't wait to read more on the origin of Hec-Tor Kur

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By rasx

@liamcurry said:

No mention of She-Ra, aka his arch nemesis and former adopted daughter? OK...

She-ra will be in the ongoing starting in April, I'm really looking forward to this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.