Follow

Masane Amaha

Character » Masane Amaha appears in 5 issues.

Masane Amaha is the wielder of the Witchblade. She has no memory of her life before the Great Quake that nearly destroyed Tokyo. She was found at the epicenter of the Great Quake, with her daughter Rihoko and in possession of the Witchblade.

Differences between the Witchblade anime and U.S. comics

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

The Witchblade anime is one of my fave series, but I'm curious about some of the differences between the anime and the original American comics.

Namely, how in the anime the Witchblade eventually wears down and kills its wielder. Is this the same for the comics? Or is it only because Masane was not truly compatible with the Witchblade and was merely a temporary host since it really wanted her daughter?
    harry23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By harry23

It was because Masane was just a temporary host for the Witchblade since it really wanted her daughter.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@Sinestro2828:

Well to start off. I haven't seen the anime but I will list some general facts about the witchblade. It is the offspring of the Darkness and Angelus, being the balance between light and darkness. It is male (yeah, hard to tell lol) and only attaches to female hosts. In the comics it says the Witchblade is a pretty heartless bastard who attaches itself to women he deems worthy of his power. If they are no longer deemed worthy then he leaves them resulting in the loss of their right arm. Also the witchblade is capable of many things in the comics. It is alluded in the comics as being capable of doing more than just create armor and weapons, but the wielders lack the experience, or will, to control it. Also the Witchblade is self-aware.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.