Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3746 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

Will Mary Jane And "Spider-Man" Get Back Together?

• 96 results
    NoMoreHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By NoMoreHeroes

most likely and they will make a big deal about it

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ALdragon17

I was looking at the comments, for one, if the writers have MJ put it together by the mannerism. You can't tell a person is different in combat, they would says he's being aggressive. Unless, someone teach Peter Parker in Martial Art, then they will figure it out, every body has their take on a kick or a punch, that's the nature of the beast. If MJ kiss him she will know, its like a finger print.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By nappystr8

I really don't see this happening. Every interaction Superior Spidey has with MJ ends up with him totally belittling her. I have enough faith in MJ as an empowered female character and Slott as a competent writer to think that nothing will come of Superior's half-hearted attempts to rekindle something romantic.

logan_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By logan_san

In most I agree with the statements. But I think, the fact that she doesn't recognize that it isn't Peter, is that the shift in the character of Peter is not so obvious to the people unlike readers don't have the knowledge that readers do. In fact, when we meet somebody we know for long time and this person acts weird, we can assume that maybe this person has a bad day, or is underweather, or simply is seeing something that has not seen (or maybe better to say thought) earlier. So I think in the process of time, Mary Jane will be eventually the catalizator for the discovery of the Otto in body of Peter. This simply need some time to build up.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

I don't think Slott writing her this way is out of coincidence or laziness. Pretty sure he'll have a good reason. Perhaps blinded by love. People who've read Spider-Island know that she admitted still loving him. She probably didn't even really fully realize it up and until that moment. Perhaps, ever since that moment, she's been hoping/waiting for this to happen and people tend to be "blinded by love" at such moments.

Or perhaps I'm just putting too much faith in Slott. But he hasn't let us down yet...

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56  Edited By leokearon

@benette_rivera said:

i was just wondering, what if someone with telepathic abilitites, (prof. X or Emma) happens to read Superior Spider-man's mind? Will they be able to tell if it's really not peter?

That actually happened in Avenging Spider-Man #16 when Spidey encounter Rachel Grey, he used Peter's memories to throw her off and when Wolverine tried to get her to scan Spidey's mind later, he pointed out that Steve Rogers forbidden's the use of force psychic probes.

As for MJ it could be possible she does know that something is wrong with Peter and it playing along to hopefully fight out what has happened

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#57  Edited By Trevel8182

After the sacrifice MJ made for Peters selfishness during ONE MORE DAY she deserves a break.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Phaedrusgr

"So why is she falling for this jerk? Is it that she is blinded by love, or is she being poorly written"?

and

"What do you think? Are you hoping to see Mary Jane end up with this guy posing as Peter Parker"?

Thank you, Babs. These words soothed my soul...

And the answer is no. I'd love to see Otto's first big failure. MJ must understand that's something out of place, she can't really fall for the squid, octopus or any other cephalod posing as Pete.

Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Agent_Prince

I don't understand why this is even being discussed. If they get together, Mephisto will come calling, most likely taking Aunt May, it being the deal breaker. Sort that out first. Quesada has already split Pete and MJ up twice, I doubt they'll be back together seriously anytime soon.

If they do, continuity no longer exists. None of us will forget One More Day, surely that was the point of it?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xblah_blahx

Bottom line, Dan Slott and Joe Q are taking a huge $#!+ on the chest of the fans with this garbage. And the people who continue to buy it are allowing it to happen. Quite a shame really.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ekrolo

She wont figure it out for a long time since every member of Spider-Mans supporting cast (especially MJ) has developed Smallville dumbass syndrome where the big secret is so obvious everyone looks like a complete and utter moron for not immediately figuring it out and it only gets worse the longer it takes them to finally discover the truth.

Clifftothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Clifftothemax

They SHOULD get back together, yes.

But I don't imagine at all that they truly will whilst Ock's in control of Peter's body. I will be seriously surprised if that actually happens.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think that it will happen.

Alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Alcamin

The question surrounding Mary Jane's and "Peter's" relationship has certainly been one of the strangest, and potentially creepiest, raised by the new Superior Spider-Man series. Given the circumstances, it is rather unsavoury to think that Ock could take advantage of MJ's obvious feelings of the real Parker and successfully woo her. The implications of that are troubling, but I think we should give MJ some credit here. As has been pointed out, Mary Jane and Peter go back a long way. She know's him better than anyone and has always been good at picking up on his feelings and motives, which is largely why Peter has always put such trust in her, both as a friend and confidant, and lover. The idea that she isn't going to be suspicious about new Peter's new behaviour, mannerisms and character traits seems pretty small, especially considering what Ock is putting on display so far. Old Peter was never as crass or aggressive. Mary Jane may not be the one to figure out exactly what's going on, but I expect that she will realise that something is wrong before most of Spidey's other close allies do. Remember, this is very early days, so there are bound to be some bumps in the road. I for one will keep faith in her for now.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By sora_thekey

I'm pretty sure she'll be the first one to realize that's not Peter.

powerhouse1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By powerhouse1122

Sick. Just sick. *pukes*

brandonbonito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By brandonbonito

Never been a huge Spider-Man fan. The whole premise seems to be the love interests of his. With the events of #700 I would think it kind of creepy for him to get back with MJ...

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@Karkarov: Ditto!

Zyrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zyrok

I sure hope they don't get together. I agree with you Sara, I think that she is being really poorly written. The Superior concept is good for Spidey to bring new stories, or at least that's what Marvel says, and they hook Peter with MJ again?! Leave that for when Peter get his body back.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Fantasgasmic

If getting together with MJ retcons One More Day, and brings back Peter's soul/consciousness into his own body… yeah, I guess I'm for it.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By queenfrost_

God no

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#72  Edited By DrThanos91

Honestly Im kinda tired of mary jane, this will further complicate "spidermans" story in a boring in my own opinion, I mean oct being peter is twist I didnt expect but like, while her being there just bleh

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#73  Edited By GothamRed

My guess is right before it happens marvel will switch spidey's mind back to peter to make it less creepy

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By spidershamrock

Once Peter and MJ get back together than Spdiey will have gone full circle since Brand New Day and it only took 5ish years. Ridiculous waste of time

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By silverageguy

@Barkley: You are right, it is the dumbest story in comic book history. For fans to dis on the way Mary Jane is acting is also stupid. She is only acting the way that Slot is writing her. knowing how Marvels current editorial staff seems intent on destroying and reconstructing their icons with stories that insult our intelligence, it is very likely that MJ WILL end up with Ock. I have given up any hope of a satisfying and coherent story coming from the Spiderman series with the current writers and editors in charge. I can understand the need for change, I just wish the changes would leave me feeling good instead of queasy and digusted. I am one of the few who have decided not to follow this ridiculous diversion. Big sales just encourage more of this kind of lunacy.

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By silverageguy

@Zyrok said:

I sure hope they don't get together. I agree with you Sara, I think that she is being really poorly written. The Superior concept is good for Spidey to bring new stories, or at least that's what Marvel says, and they hook Peter with MJ again?! Leave that for when Peter get his body back.

How right you are! The whole thing is like a bad nightmare.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By fodigg

I think they'll be about to and then the ghost of Peter Parker will step in and literally cock-block Otto Parker with his force-ghost hand.

Rellik21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Rellik21

@fodigg said:

I think they'll be about to and then the ghost of Peter Parker will step in and literally cock-block Otto Parker with his force-ghost hand.

Lol you're so right.

spiderturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By spiderturtle

Can we just start putting quotes for "Spiderman" and "Peter" for now? hah

randyrhoades16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By randyrhoades16

Not to sound like a total bias, but I'd prefer that they don't. Let Spiderman move on and find someone else.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ShadowPro
    though, it's as if she can only see what he looks like and can't see that his personality is completely different. It's actually kind of insulting to her character

that's exactly what I thought

however this is the ultimate proof that dan slott is the WORST WRITTER EVER and the BIGGETS FAIL IN THE COMIC WORLD, case closed

now my cuestion is what's mefisto gona do about it?

I remenber that they weren't supposed to be toghether anymore

Is mefisto gonna get in the middle? he better do

Is it that she is blinded by love, or is she being poorly written?

the answer is b, she is being poorly written

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By wowlock

No matter what... I will not accept this ''developement'' it is just a distasteful disrespect. Kinda like a shapeshifter using his powers to get with a woman by pretend to be her lover.... They already messed up their relationship with the Demon Pact...and now this ? how much they need to spit upon it ? I sound bitter I know but I can't handle that much of a ''fling jumps...'' that I can't seem to find myself caring for ANY couples anymore...and those I care about are being messed up like this. This just feel like a cheap plot-device...there to anger me when I look at the pages....

I can see the smug faces of the editors '' See ? We brought MJ and ''PETER'' back ! ''....

And come on ? MJ would've realized the ''odd'' actions of Peter even before she look at him...but sadly ''dumbing everything down'' in order to make this 'Spiderman' Superior is the main point of this run...which quite despise..

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Spydey

They'll sleep together. Because that's what comics do. Just throw in random sex like that. But she'll figure things out before officially getting back together with him...or while together.

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By silverageguy

@Wowlock said:

No matter what... I will not accept this ''developement'' it is just a distasteful disrespect. Kinda like a shapeshifter using his powers to get with a woman by pretend to be her lover.... They already messed up their relationship with the Demon Pact...and now this ? how much they need to spit upon it ? I sound bitter I know but I can't handle that much of a ''fling jumps...'' that I can't seem to find myself caring for ANY couples anymore...and those I care about are being messed up like this. This just feel like a cheap plot-device...there to anger me when I look at the pages....

I can see the smug faces of the editors '' See ? We brought MJ and ''PETER'' back ! ''....

And come on ? MJ would've realized the ''odd'' actions of Peter even before she look at him...but sadly ''dumbing everything down'' in order to make this 'Spiderman' Superior is the main point of this run...which quite despise..

I couldnt agree with you more. After sufferinfg through some 15 issues of Winter Soldier only to have his relationship with Black Widow terminated, (One that I foolishly became emotionally invested in.) I have looked at other superhero relationships at Marvel in the last few years. The sad reality is, that the current editorial board at Marvel does not want their characters in long term, satisfying and fulfilling relationships. You can count on being disapointed every time a relationship develops. The current writers at Marvel just dont want to be tied down by the restraints of long term relationships. I have been waiting 47 years for Steve Rogers to tie the knot with Sharon Carter. It aint gonna happen, and if it did, it wouldnt last. Back in the day, I would read Marvel comics and I would feel happy and satisfied. Now Im just angry and pissed off. I have removed ALL Marvel titles from my pull list. After 48 years of loyalty, I realize that Marvel prefers to shock and dismay their loyal fans rather than reward them with satisfying stories. One More Day, One minute In Time and now Superior Spiderman, are all the proof I need. Its all about sales and attracting a NEW fan base. Although I understand it, that doesnt mean I have to support it. Good luck with MJ and Peter, I see nothing but continued disapointment ahead. Its time to spend my cash on other endeavors. I will just watch the blogs to keep up with the continuing disasters.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By TerryBogard2014

@TrueMarvel said:

Awesome! Mary jane is depicted as an complete idiot(complete insult to women imo) and we get implied rape scenes!!!

This is the best story ever!

/heavy sarcasm

No major force killing kyles GF and sticking her in the refrigerator is an insult to women.having Ms marvel kidnapped and basically Raped via mind control is insulting to women.This If it stands is just inconsistent writing.but considering its still early in the story I don't think its fair to call her being depicted as a complete idiot just yet.

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By silverageguy

@ShirEPanjshir said:

I don't think Slott writing her this way is out of coincidence or laziness. Pretty sure he'll have a good reason. Perhaps blinded by love. People who've read Spider-Island know that she admitted still loving him. She probably didn't even really fully realize it up and until that moment. Perhaps, ever since that moment, she's been hoping/waiting for this to happen and people tend to be "blinded by love" at such moments.

Or perhaps I'm just putting too much faith in Slott. But he hasn't let us down yet...

You are kidding me right? Slott has done nothing but let us down ever since he took over the title. Superior Spiderman is all the proof you need.I believe this whole arc is designed to destroy everything Peter Parker has achieved in the last 50 years. The objective is to return him to his earlier roots of a down on his luck loner with no female attachments. This is how they will reboot the entire franchise for the next 50. This isnt about satisfying loyal fans, its about attracting the readers of the next generation. Marvel is a business and its all about the sales. If you keep buying this nonsense, the disapointment will only continue.

Apis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#87  Edited By Apis

I could just VOMIT this is a horrible way to start a series ;and this is coming from a guy who loves mind switching stories.I also don't buy "love-sick" Mary Jane not knowing something is wrong.

I'm sure Peter will come back to his body (he Damn well better); but will that mean he has to spend the rest of his life sharing mental space with Otto ? I don't know if I could take multiple personality stories that could lead to.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By animehunter

I know I said this before, but I 100% agree with what Babs said in the article and that what they are doing with Mary Jane, and how they are writing her, is not only insulting to her character but to her intelligence as well.

BenReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BenReilly

"Spider-Man" is dead to me. Plus, it's just gross. I mean, its mind was married to Aunt May. If MJ knew, she'd probably need somebody to hold her hair up in the restroom.

pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By pinchpaker29

If Otto Parker get's lucky with MJ im sure dancing Evil Peter Parker from Spider-man 3 wont be far behind! eeeeeeeeew.....

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ShadowPro said:

however this is the ultimate proof that dan slott is the WORST WRITTER EVER and the BIGGETS FAIL IN THE COMIC WORLD, case closed

now my cuestion is what's mefisto gona do about it?

I remenber that they weren't supposed to be toghether anymore

Is mefisto gonna get in the middle? he better do

You can't even spell Mephisto but you're qualified to call people terrible writers?

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ShadowPro

@InnerVenom123: Oh please, do me a favor and don't be ridicoulus

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love mary jane one of my fave marvel females but like superman and lois she and peter have been together for decades let them have a break for now and he go out with someone else i.e ms marvel/silver sable/spider woman someone else for now and go back to her much later. Same thing needs to happen with the new superman leave lois and go with maxima wonder woman or someone else.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If getting together with MJ retcons One More Day, and brings back Peter's soul/consciousness into his own body… yeah, I guess I'm for it.

Amen, to that!

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me it doesn't matter any more, they've whipped out the Deus Ex Machina. Diffrent writers and artist spent decades building up Pete and MJ's relationship just to have it wiped out in a small story arc. Any releationship either Pete or MJ have from now on is under that unrealistic "Sell your marrige to the devil" arc. Their romantic lives are forever under the whim of higher powers beyond their kin.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zarius

Well they've remained married in the newspaper strip, Renew Your Vows will focus on them also, with elements of it carrying over into All-New Marvel. Don't know what that means for the pair, but I would'nt mind the Mephistoverse stories being given their own continuity to muck around in while the regular Marvel universe gets at the very least a mature family man Peter who's semi-retired and a mentor to the next generation, daughter included

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.