Follow

Mary Jane

Character » Mary Jane appears in 3742 issues.

Mary Jane Watson is an actress and a major love interest of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. They have had a long and dramatic on-and-off-again relationship. She's one of the few people who know who he is and still supports him as a close friend and confidante.

Mary Jane Confirmed for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'?

• 81 results
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Mercy_

Emma would have been an awesome MJ.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By mewmdude77

I want Kraven the Hunter in Amazing Spider-Man 4. I want it to be in the credits of 3, Kraven arrives in New York, after being hired by Norman to kill Spider-Man.

fkk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By fkk1984

Beautiful girl, but it´s not MJ face - too sweet and childish. MJ has to be a liitle bit more “Fem Fatale”.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By sora_thekey

Death of Gwen Stacy as the end of the trilogy?!?! OMG YES!!!!

Mary Jane... well, she can star appearing next year but PLEASE don't take Gwen's thunder away!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Bruxae

Cute girl, hope they cast Rhino as the villain! Or maybe Scorpion?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By RedOwl_1

Four words: I - F*CKING - KNEW - IT

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@GothamRed:

I know that there is no guarantee that will make it that far, and I'm not talking like this is a realistic plan for how Miller should do the ASM series.

I am literally talking from a fans perspective of what I would LIKE to happen if they did that amount of films.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CounterShock

Bum deal, I really don't like her.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By EscGamer

hmmm i approve so far Peter did attract the 2 most beautiful women in his circle of friends and I never thought Kristen Dunst was fit for the MJ role looks and attitude wise. She was just too timid. Anyway we'll see how this goes.

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By FatFriar_16

I think she's going to be great!!! And, it might be a good idea to have her as a background character for ASM 2 (I don't mind a bit of foreshadowing). After Cap. Stacey died (especially with his final statement/warning) I knew they'd have to kill of Gwen in the next 1 or 2 movies if they planned to make more.

Here's a post about the actress, in case you want more info.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Funrush

@sora_thekey said:

Death of Gwen Stacy as the end of the trilogy?!?! OMG YES!!!!

Mary Jane... well, she can star appearing next year but PLEASE don't take Gwen's thunder away!

Well, come on... it was pretty obvious.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#62  Edited By amazing_webhead

Wow. She's kinda hot.

Anyway, they'll probably do what they did in the comics: have Peter see her as just some careless party girl, but they start to grow closer after Gwen's death.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By TDK_1997

She looks like a good pic for Mary Jane.I like her more than Kirsten Dunst.

DeusVult

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DeusVult

These guys are BRAVE!!! If they do kill off Gwen, I will be super depressed. But, if they kill Gwen they could turn this series into an epic trilogy that will stand the test of time and be considered the single greatest cinematic spider man story told thus far.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MisterKetch

It could work, at first glance she looked a bit like the actress who plays Sansa in GoT. I haven't seen any of her work so I really know nothing about her as an actress.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

UGH. ASM already did such a great job at crafting it's own version of the Spider-Man world, and now they want to switch back to direct adaptation? Gwen Stacy has probably been the best superhero love interest I've seen on film, or at least one of. She was sexy, but just as nerdy as Peter, and hence surprisingly just as awkward about her feelings. It was ADORABLE. Don't kill her for the sake of nostalgia, let her grow here where she couldn't before xp

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Well this all but completely confirms in my mind that they are gonna kill off my precious Emma in the upcoming sequel. Ah well, I guess I always knew it had to happen. Its funny, when you put the picture of this Shailene Woodley up I thought she seemed familiar, and then I realized after looking her up...she's the gal on that American Teenager show whatever it was called. Yeah if she does this part they're gonna have to redden up her hair more, for her hair's too brownish right now. And of course blue contacts for the eyes I say. Might work!

CrisisRedHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CrisisRedHood

@ComicMan24:

Thank You!

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @ComicMan24 said:

Don't like her as Mary Jane.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By GBrutality

i don't know, she's pretty but she's only 20. she looks pretty young and i'm sorry but mary jane was always meant to be a slamdunk and (i don't know how to not sound like an ass when saying this) she just doesn't in my mind sync up with who should be mj. when they were casting the first one two years ago or so, when it wasn't clear if it was going to be gwen or mj they had mentioned a girl who looked EXACTLY like her. i just hope the sequel does more to impress than the original.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By blackkitty

Why does it figure that just as they were going to finally introduce Black Cat they reset the series. Now I get to wait lord knows how many movies to see her actually appear in a Spider Man movie. *grumbles* MJ... *shrug* yeah, I guess. don't really care one way or the other to be honest.

Draku28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Draku28

No, just no, I do not want to see MJ in Amazing Spider-Man 2 or in any other. I love the Peter Parker & Gwen Stacy romance, and I want to see those two together more then just bloody two movies. For crying out load MJ was already in every Spider-Man animation series, the three Spider-Man movies as the main female role, in the first set of movie they did not even mention Gwen until the third movie, she mas a more major person in Peter life in his early years, and the fact they used the Green Goblin throwing MJ off the bridge sicking me, how dare they use that moment, and have it that Spider-Man saved her. And the fact in the main comic book verse MJ and Peter are not even together, or even in the same city, or even on the same cost. I am sorry if they do do the Gwen Stacy Death and have MJ take over as the main female role, that will be the last Spider-Man movie I will ever see, so stop it already.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By Silver Knight75

I had a feeling Gwen would die. It's such a pivotal part of Spider-Man/Peter's story.

Does anyone else recommend other actresses for the role ?

nerfherderIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By nerfherderIV

Nothing would make me more happy if they make mysterio a bad guy! The dialogue could be horrible, acting could be pathetic, but if they have mysterio done right then I am good. Death of gwen stacy is going to be difficult to do but its "doable". They will have to bring the green 'Gobby' back into play, but will be hard to top Dafoe's osbourn and hopefully they will have a better outfit than that power ranger suit. LOL

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bitchgurl

@nerfherderIV said:

Nothing would make me more happy if they make mysterio a bad guy! The dialogue could be horrible, acting could be pathetic, but if they have mysterio done right then I am good. Death of gwen stacy is going to be difficult to do but its "doable". They will have to bring the green 'Gobby' back into play, but will be hard to top Dafoe's osbourn and hopefully they will have a better outfit than that power ranger suit. LOL

I have been wanting to see Mysterio on the big screen for years! Finally a good use for CGI , with his tricks. Hope they do it sooner rather than later..

nerfherderIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By nerfherderIV

@jurrysnow: I agree a 100%. I didn't empathize with the characters as much, but it had its moments. They definitely got Spidey's sarcasm and had scenes that reminded me of the comics. In the end I felt alot was still missing and that Raimi's spider-man was better. LOL

knightwing2036

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#77  Edited By knightwing2036

Well doesn't there HAVE to be MJ if Gwen's gonna get the chop? And I'm a little worried about this "father's secret past" business - it might get old by the end of the second film if it doesn't get tied up soon....

Ramier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ramier

i seen this girl on a television show about teenage skanks and on the descendants. She really is a good actress i think she can pull it off, she can portray different characters. i think most people aven't seen her acting and are passing judgment or just looking for a actress who can "fil" the role as MJ (if you know what i mean)

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ComicKID777

guess there gonna go more with the ultimate universe since mary jane isnt really smoking hot model status. Don't get me wrong she cute an all but not smoking hot like they say mary jane is

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GreenFuse

@jurrysnow said:

Although Amazing Spiderman didn't grab me as much on an emotional level as Spiderman 1 and 2 did, I still thought it was cooler. If that makes any sense. I wasn't really rooting for Garfield like I was for Maguire when the goblin was beating him into a pulp at the end of Spiderman 1, you know? That's the only thing I thought was missing from ASM, that pull at my emotions.

That being said, I'm still really stoked to see the next two ASM movies The death of Gwen Stacy is a bold move, and I think the right one. Not sure about Shailene Woodley, though.

Really? I found Amazing Spiderman to be so much more raw and emotional than Spiderman. I think Garfield and Stone killed it though and their chemistry was great. I've never read a Spiderman comic and am a bit bummed about all the Gwen getting killed off talk. I like her! Also, I didn't like Dunst's MJ. Not sure if that's because of Dunst or just MJ is suppose to be that annoying.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By sora_thekey

@Funrush: Yeah but with the dissapoinment that SM3 was we really can't be sure... This is sort of confirmation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.