Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Worthy of th Mjolnir

StephenStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the past, we've seen people other than Thor wield the Mjolnir because they are worthy of it. In the following, decide who can and can't wield the Mjolnir. Also define what it means to be worthy.

1. Doc Strange

2. Peter Parker

3. SpOck

4. Namor

5. Hulk

6. Iron Fist

7. Herc

8. Ares

9. Zeus

10. Daredevil

Canon events have already shown Cap and Stark and Rulk holding the hammer, although the Rulk feat was exploitation of a loophole in Odin's Enchantment.

(Personally I think Stark is a womanising condescending s.o.b and he never had the moral strength to be deserving of wielding the hammer.)

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
    The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@stephenstrange: I'm confused, only Thor is worthy. And I guess Beta Ray Bill as he was deemed worthy once by weilding Mjolnir. But besides Beta Ray, who's an utter badass (even if he is a barnyard animal), i don't see the validity here.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

1. Probably not.
    2. Yes
    3. No, lol.
    4. HELL, no.
    5. Maybe
    6. Maybe
    7. Yes
    8. No
    9. Yes
    10. Maybe
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Frankly, the only people here I think are worthy are Hercules and Iron Fist.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman obviously

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By judasnixon

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@extremis said:

@stephenstrange: I'm confused, only Thor is worthy. And I guess Beta Ray Bill as he was deemed worthy once by weilding Mjolnir. But besides Beta Ray, who's an utter badass (even if he is a barnyard animal), i don't see the validity here.

Wait Bill is an actual horse?

I dont read Marvel Comics.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

@pr0metheus: no bill is not a horse he is a alien who has the appearance of a horse. But after beating Thor in there first encounter he was able to lift it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: well Cap lifting it was basically PIS right? Idk about the other so I assume the same until I see the panels again (someone could post them ). Otherwise I stick with my initial statement.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@extremis said:

@mitran: well Cap lifting it was basically PIS right? Idk about the other so I assume the same until I see the panels again (someone could post them ). Otherwise I stick with my initial statement.

How would it be PIS? It's not unreasonable, and it doesn't contradict any previous showings.

I found as many relevant scans as I could on the Internetz. The only thing that might be PIS is Thor not calling Mjolnir to him - though it should be noted that he was "screaming in agony," as Cap put it, so he may not have been able to concentrate. Whether or not he should have been in that much pain is also up for debate, I guess, but the point is, the act itself of Cap actually lifting the hammer isn't PIS at all. It's within his character to be considered worthy.

Oh, and Eric Masterson isn't really that big a deal IMO. It seems like he was created with the whole purpose of becoming a Thor stand-in.

Superman and WW also lifted it once and that stuff looked ridiculous. Comics have a long history so some blunders are bound to happen, I include that stuff personally. I just like Thor and Beta Ray Bill being worthy. That's just where I stand on it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus is above the enchantment

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

black panther.

no one less or greater.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thurdazz1313

Of this list Zues has caught the hammer & held it , Thor has stated he believes Hercules is worthy but Herc has never tried

Doctor Strange has more than once been corrupted by power ,so no!

Spock just No

Hulk, Namor, Ares, all rage-aholics, or Ego-maniacs. Nope

Daredevil & Peter parker won't kill & they both have self doubt issues ,both have stated they would not be quit if they could & live a normal life. NO!

No Caption Provided

Iron Fist is worthy of the power of the Immortal Dragon, But I think his faith/power would conflict possibly, so maybe?

Captain America's still Worthy, During fear Itself not only lifted But accessed Mjolnir's Powers & is still the only mortal to lift the hammer & not turn into Thor or a version of Thor Like Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, "Red" Norvell, Dargo Ktor, Jake Olsen, & of course Donald Blake( mortals who lifted Mjolnir in Mainstream marvel/canon, no loop holes, B.S., or special circumstances) I do agree with the idea that Wonder Woman would be worthy

The scan above Grog " The God Slayer" Power Lance, was given to him by Seth(Egyptian Death God) so he could slay other Gods, Thor & Seth have fought before, Its totally conceivable that Seth created a weapon could not only hurt Thor, But possibly Kill him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.