Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why no love for Black Bolt?!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I've been reading up on Black Bolt recently and in my book he's such a cool character, but one who gets far less air-time than say, Sentry, Thor and Silver Surfer, the other mega powered Marvel heroes and in SS case, he doesn't exactly get a lot these days! Even Blackbolt's facebook fan page hasn't had a comment put on it from anyone since 2008!! Are there ANY Black Bolt fans out there?

coolbeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Blackbolt is a stud and the king of an entire race. What is not to like about a guy who can destroy a planet with his voice?

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who doesn't like black bolt. He is king of a nation he lived on the moon is control of the terrigen mists and can level a small city while whispering and destroy a planet when he's shouting. He's basically the wild card of battles. If he's on your team your opponents should be sh*tting them selves

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Everyone likes Black Bolt :)

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

He's a great character! It's just that he's been written badly lately.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am.....

And don't forget the rest of the Inhumans!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PeppeyHare

People love Black Bolt! He's awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

He's an anti social dude that can't talk to people.

Other than that, he is awesome

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bezza: Because he's too awesome for current Marvel to do justice.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Marvel has said that the current Infinity event will put Black Bolt and the Inhumans in the spotlight. Have you seen the cover to issue #3?

No Caption Provided

This is just one of my favorite images btw...

No Caption Provided

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Spideysense44

A lot of people know of him but the fact that he cant speak I think draws away fans idk but all he needs is a little jumpstart like ironman and he will be a known figure :)

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone who has posted so far has covered my thoughts. He is a beast

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By TheFirstLantern

@irishx said:

I believe Marvel has said that the current Infinity event will put Black Bolt and the Inhumans in the spotlight. Have you seen the cover to issue #3?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Have you seen the Scottie young variant cover for that issue? I can't decide.

Speaking of which, the only reason I follow New Avengers and currently Infinity is because Black Bolt.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolt is a very cool character and very powerful character.

What might hold him back is his inability to speak without wreaking massive destruction. It's probably hard to write a character who practically never speaks.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What might hold him back is his inability to speak without wreaking massive destruction. It's probably hard to write a character who practically never speaks.

I think that's one of the things that makes him awesome.

At least,I like it.......

I think he probably needs like some sort of Inhumans movie or something to get a jumpstart.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

I think he probably needs like some sort of Inhumans movie or something to get a jumpstart.

I like the fact that he doesn't speak, too. I'm just trying to figure out why he might not appeal to more people.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

I like the fact that he doesn't speak, too. I'm just trying to figure out why he might not appeal to more people.

Perhaps not enough exposure.....idk.

That might not be it since he does have a lot of prominence in Marvel....maybe he needs to be featured on a show or put on the frontlines more,like a movie or something...idk

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

That might not be it since he does have a lot of prominence in Marvel....maybe he needs to be featured on a show or put on the frontlines more,like a movie or something...idk

Maybe. Maybe not.

Black Bolt has only enjoyed a bit of prominence lately but if you consider the fact that he's existed since the mid-1960's and yet has never had his own solo on-going or even mini-series and has only rarely been part of any book (on-going, mini, back-up feature) as part of the Inhumans, then it's not hard to see why many/most fans wouldn't have seen too much of him.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Black Bolt has only enjoyed a bit of prominence lately but if you consider the fact that he's existed since the mid-1960's and yet has never had his own solo on-going or even mini-series and has only rarely been part of any book (on-going, mini, back-up feature) as part of the Inhumans, then it's not hard to see why many/most fans wouldn't have seen too much of him.

Good point. I think that maybe he should get his own series. It can bring a LOT more people to the character.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

@cameron83 said:

@powerherc said:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Good point. I think that maybe he should get his own series. It can bring a LOT more people to the character.

Agreed.

His role in the Annihilation and Realm of Kings stories gave him a bit of the spotlight so now would be a good time to push his exposure further by giving him at least his own mini.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Cool, thanks. I picked up Issue one today, looks awesome. So It seems people do like Black Bolt, but his profile is really low. Just go on the "BLACK BOLT" forum and you'll see what I mean, just 38 items to date. As I also said, his FB pack has like no entries for 5 years. Anyway I really hope his profile is raised, I mean a character who can wipe out an army just by a whisper, how cool is that?! Beats having to get into a rage and smashing your fists!!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

There's a lot of love for Black Bolt actually but people just don't express it much.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: You could really argue that the entire Marvel Cosmic doesn't really get enough attention or get talked about enough. Although with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out maybe that will boost interest. I admit that what I've read is limited and usually focused more on the Surfer and Thanos.

People mention about him not being able to talk and that possibly limiting his potential. That may be true but as a fan of G.I. Joe I can tell you that not being able to speak hasn't held Snake-Eyes back. Quick someone post an image of Snake-Eyes & Black Bolt together. Two bad mother****ers who don't need to say a word but yet still demand much respect.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spider11211

Untitled.png

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maddpanda531

Well, Hickman's New Avengers has featured a lot of the Inhuman King, plus there's the upcoming Inhuman series and and Inhumanity event. Not to mention the fact that he's a key player in Infinity.If you ask me, he's going to be getting a hell of a lot of love soon enough.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

I like him .

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spider11211

@powerherc said:

Black Bolt reminds me of Dan Slott with his inability to speak without wreaking massive destruction.

All jokes aside I would assume that he would be a tough character to write.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30  Edited By fACEmelter88

I'm a fan of Black Bolt but I still don't get why he's so strong, he can scream loud but I don't get how that carries over to a "master blow" or whatever. Any issues that provide a real good show of his fighting abilities or powers other than screaming?

PS

Why doesn't he learn sign language?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of Black Bolt but I still don't get why he's so strong, he can scream loud but I don't get how that carries over to a "master blow" or whatever. Any issues that provide a real good show of his fighting abilities or powers other than screaming?

PS

Why doesn't he learn sign language?

His master blow is charging his hand with his electrons charge to give a more energized attack.

He has symbols that the royal family knows but he mainly communicates with Medusa.

Why hasn't he learned other forms of communications? The same reason Reed couldn't find a cure for Ben all those years despite being the smartest man alive. For the sake of the story and plot. Its to keep the the mystery around him but not allowing him to talk or communicate. He knows how to read and write never writes letters because it would get rid of the mystery of him not being able to talk.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Black Bolt is alright I'm more of a Triton and Crystal fan myself. But I will say this for all Black Bolt fans. Join Avengers Alliance to get a chance to play as Black Bolt.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Blackbolt in the current infinity series is making me want more of him. Never really read much other than the time he teamed up with Nova but now I'm really want to see where marvel goes after the conclusion of infinity

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Wolverine008

The guy is really awesome. I'm just getting my first taste of him with Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, and Infinity, but the guy has really impressed me.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @humanrocket: You two should read the Inhumans hardcover that just came out by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee if you want to see Black Bolt written at his best.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fodigg

Black Bolt doesn't talk and mostly just gives brooding stares to people. That's cool for a background character but difficult to hang a sprawling, ongoing narrative around.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: hey captain serious pants I was joking about the sign language

Thanks for the smudge remark.........

I thought it was a serious question because your previous suggestion suggested you knew next to nothing on him, but whatever.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By spider11211

The question:

Why no love for Black Bolt?!

The answer: Warning a joke is coming... Because if he had an orgasm it would be devastating.

I am sorry I could not help myself.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always liked the Inhumans I'm intrigued by the new series and will give it a look.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a character I'd like to know more about

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.