Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Why are some Comic events loved and some hated?

iamre321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iamre321

Many years ago I remember events were a much less frequent thing like maybe once every year or two. I remember when events like Secret Wars, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, etc... came out they were huge and I was very invested.

Nowadays it just feels like there are so many events every few months and it hard to keep up with / get into. And it seems like a lot of these big events aren't too well received either- Civil War 2, Infinity warps, War of Realms. From what I've read people don't like these new big events.

Lot of big 'War" events- Secret wars 2, Civil War 2, War of Realms, War of Riddles and Jokes, Joker War...

Empyre, Age of Khonshu, Enter the Phoenix, etc... its just so hard to keep up with nowadays. I remember back then heroes had their own stories and stayed in the own lanes and a big event like Secret Wars was a big event and something rare.

Seems like its kinda going on a lot on both Marvel and DC. Though I do like some stuff like what Cates has been doing and the Joker War stuff as well.

Thoughts?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.