Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Want to start reading marvel

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fil123

pre new 52 i was collecting just graphic novels - have every major batman (hush, long halloween, year one, dark victory, DKR death in family etc), some popular superman (all star, red son, kingdom come) and JL books- loved them all and since new 52 came out ive been collecting comics weekly, my current pull list consists of batman, superman unchained, batman/superman, nightwing, aquaman, JLA and TNMT. ( cancelled JL after 13 issues).

now to my question; i want to start reading some marvel comics which ones should i get or would interest me (by looking at my history)?

heard x-men was starting from issue 1 again or something and was considering that

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You'd probably enjoy a lot of the Avengers and X-men stuff, however I can't recommend you any of it because I don't read it. Someone else should be able to give you good suggestions though.

As for other stuff you might enjoy, check out Daredevil. Mark Waid does a fantastic job with the character. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of DC street level heroes like Batman, Nightwing, etc. Venom is pretty awesome right now too.

Nerdjoeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thanos Quest is one of the most epic and deep stories that I have ever read. You can get it at any book store or comic book store.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out some of the Marvel Now! stuff that interests you. I'd check out All-New X-men, Uncanny X-men, New Avengers, Avengers, Hawkeye, Thor: God Of Thunder

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'd recommend Captain Marvel, FF, Uncanny Avengers and Avengers Assemble(from #9 on).

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@v_scarlotte_rose: Just out of curiousity, you prefer Avengers Assemble over Avengers and New Avengers??

On an unrelated note, Uncanny Avengers, at least to me, is the strongest title out at the moment (alongside Thanos Rising, but thats more to do with the fact that i am a die hard Thanos fan).

Also i would personally recommend All New X-men.

I would also recommend some old stories.

Book of Doom.

Avengers: Darker Than Scarlet or the same story retold in a much grander scale House of M.

Avengers: Heart of Stone ( a recently released TPB, the story is pretty solid imo)

Fantastic Four: The Unthinkable.

The Mighty World of Marvel (Captain Britian story only, specially the first 13 issue which deals with Mad James Jasper and his own unfathomably powerful creation, Fury)

Avengers: Infinity Quest

There are a lot more but those would do for starters :)

And just for LOL, some of Marvel: What the issues are fun. The rise of Bormammu , or the coming of Behinder were hilarious ;)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@killemall: I don't read New Avengers, so I can't compare with that.

Due to them being very different, with Avengers being all one one big slow moving story, and Avengers Assemble being short self contained arcs with small casts of characters, I'm not sure if I can say that I prefer it as an Avengers title, but I may have gotten more enjoyment out of 8 issue of Assemble than in 14 issues of Avengers. I do like them both, but for different reasons.

I know that's not a very straight answer, but it's the best I can manage. :P

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vulshock

@fil123: Check out the new X-Men book. Only one issue is out and the second issue is out next wednesday.

I can also recommend Indestructible Hulk.

All-New X-Men is good even though it's heavy on dialogue.

Since you enjoy Batman I think Daredevil might be something for you, but you may have to get some of the older issues of Mark Waids run if you want to get the best out of it.

Thor: God of Thunder has also been good.
    And FF and Fantastic Four are just plain old fun.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.