Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Too many reality warpers in comics!

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enosisik

Marvel's mutants are by far the worst case here but even Marvel as a whole has far far far too many. DC as far as I know only has a few who's power is specifically reality warping but they have had plenty of events where some weapon was used to reality warp. Now I have no problem with cosmics, abstracts and God level beings having reality changing powers but humans and mutants should not have so much power.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

@Enosisik: give the oh so many examples of reality warpers from marvel.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Enosisik

Anomaly Beyonder Chthon Death Dream Weaver[1] Eternity Fan Boy Franklin Richards Freedom Ring Galactus Galacta Grandmaster Genis-Vell Glorian The Impossible Man In-Betweener Infinity Jamie Braddock Kelly Kooliq[2] Korvac Kubik Kulan Gath Legion Living Tribunal Mad Jim Jaspers Magician The Man with the Power Mephisto Oblivion Onslaught Phoenix Force Proteus Ray Thompson Scarlet Witch Selene Gallio Sentry (Robert Reynolds) Shaper of Worlds Sphinx Twilight Tyler Trevor Chase[3] Wiccan Willie Evans, Jr.[4]

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Rumble Man

@Enosisik: cosmics are supposed to be super strong

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Enosisik

Slapstick also but he wasn't listed. Although I like his form of it for comedic value.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Redberry

You do realize that most of the people you list are cosmic beings and Gods, right? I only know 4 people that are reality warpers: Scarlet Witch is one example. She's a mutant who changed the entire landscape of the world during HOM. Wiccan is her son. What do you expect? Mad Jim Jasper is a human who has reality warp power. Franklin Richards is the second example of another humans who have reality warping power. Basically there are 2 mutants and 2 humans who have reality warping power. It's not that much. DC also is guilty of giving PIS powers to their characters like Flash and Zoom who can circle Earth many times in several seconds. It's almost impossible to fight them.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enosisik

Yeah I know who most of these are. I could probably name a few others but I just used a wiki list to save time. I'm talking more from a writers perspective, I guess. Marvel has a very unorganized hierarchy when it comes to the lesser known abstracts and Gods which I feel hurts the impact of the power being used. Also you would think that reality warping couldn't affect other reality warpers as shown at the higher levels but earth bound reality warpers often affect other warpers.. See I just think Marvel should down grade or retcon a few of them is all.

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FuriousWeasel

While I do like the idea of Franklin Richards being an Omega level mutant, I really don't think he should be anywhere near the power levels he is hinted at having/or will have.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

@Redberry said:

Basically there are 2 mutants and 2 humans who have reality warping power. It's not that much.

Hardly. There's also Legion, Proteus, Jamie Braddock, Genis-Vell (he's not human but the average member of his race is just as powerless as the average human), Magician (from the Ultimate universe), Molecule Man and Atleza off the top of my head. Marvel does have a lot more reality warpers than other companies.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enosisik

"While I do like the idea of Franklin Richards being an Omega level mutant, I really don't think he should be anywhere near the power levels he is hinted at having/or will have." Exactly, Franklin is the next Galactus or whatever which is fine but what I'm trying to point out is that those all powerful beings such as Galactus do not seem nearly as powerful when you consider the fact that someone like Legion can warp reality in the same way they can. As it is every cosmic god, abstract, demon, elder god, can warp reality and then you add mutants and random others like Mad Jim to the list and it starts to add up. It's just my opinion that certain powers should be strictly held by only the very highest powered beings.

jae345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impossible man??? I thought he was only a shapeshifter of imagination not reality warper

Clyde-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this has aged well. Marvel now has more 'mortal' or human mutants who are basically gods. Matthew Malloy, Marquis of death, sentry..... literally all of them can even KILL elder gods/some cosmic entities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.