Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Should Marvel have a "Black Panther and Storm" ongoing series?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    No Caption Provided

A lot of people doesn't like the Black Panther and Storm's marriage. I could even say most of them don't like the idea itself. They say it was rushed, not written well, prefers somebody else and now they're not even seeing each other often. Black Panther's ongoing comics is cancelled. Storm joins the Avengers.

Should Marvel give Black Panther an ongoing series again but with Storm? and This time it's gonna be titled: Black Panther and Storm. and at least, Marvel could have the chance of making their story have a stronger foundation why the are married to each other.

what do you all think about it?

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Hawkeye446

@jhazzroucher: No - I don't like that idea.

Black Panther bores me. Sorry - but not a fan.

As for Storm - she needs to be developed more before taking on an ongoing. She has only ever had minis - maybe because Marvel thinks she can't contain an ongoing.

I can't say that I disagree with that - but It depends on How Marvel wants to spin it.

Personally I would like to see more character building in her team books, then maybe a mini - but must be written well and exclude Black Panther.

Then, in a few years maybe an Ongoing Storm title.

I believe that A Black Panther and Storm book would work better in theory - but the actual idea doesn't sound good to me.

Anyway, hope that makes sense ^__^

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

Yes, because then people might actually read Black Panther.

Markall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Markall

No

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CODYSF

No

webofthornns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By webofthornns

I think it would be interesting but would probably never last

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cosmo111687

Sure. Maybe just as a mini at first. But I think it's worth exploring, especially since there's definitely a huge Storm fan-base who would love to see such a book. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    No.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think it would be hard to find villains for both of them to fight together. They're not like Power Man and Iron Fist. They're like.....Thor and Captain America. Sure they work in a team setting together but is there any one villain either of them fight that wouldn't be horribly unbalanced?

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wise Son

@Hawkeye446 said:

As for Storm - she needs to be developed more before taking on an ongoing. She has only ever had minis - maybe because Marvel thinks she can't contain an ongoing.

I can't say that I disagree with that - but It depends on How Marvel wants to spin it.

Personally I would like to see more character building in her team books, then maybe a mini - but must be written well and exclude Black Panther.

I believe that A Black Panther and Storm book would work better in theory - but the actual idea doesn't sound good to me.

Blasphemy!

I'd like to see a mini with the two though. I don't think an ongoing would work.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

It would be interesting but there won't be many readers and the series will be canceled

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Ganthetsward20

OK, but not as an ongoing. A mini but like many suggest it wouldn't have many readers. Hopefully it could explain the mess of their relationship or just end it with some sort of divorce then they could spin that out into a mini series about Storm trying to find a true love. With her being on the avengers and the new uncanny x men book it'd be weird that she could be in all those places. A bit like wolverine. And in the Avengers books they could have Black Panther on the team visiting and make it awk to be with Storm. The he'll realize how much of a jerk husband he was and propose time and time again getting denied by Storm because she wont forgive him that easily. They could play that relationship out for a bit. Then if people like the way the relationship has actually evolved they can get back together. The one of them should die tragically.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhazzroucher

@PrinceIMC said:

I think it would be hard to find villains for both of them to fight together. They're not like Power Man and Iron Fist. They're like.....Thor and Captain America. Sure they work in a team setting together but is there any one villain either of them fight that wouldn't be horribly unbalanced?

Good point. it would indeed be hard to write them well if their powersets are just too different. But I think some writers can do it.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

They need to be on the Avengers..............I'm just gonna come out and say it, I don't like the idea of Storm being by herself.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

They need to be on the Avengers..............I'm just gonna come out and say it, I don't like the idea of Storm being by herself.

why?

as for me, i really prefer having an ongoing for the two of them. at least, the stories are gonna be focused to either BP, Storm or both of them at the same time.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KainScion

@PrinceIMC: the comparison....no, just no.

a storm and BP would suck. let me tell you why: we have only seen them interact as husband and wife (at least i have)

in secret invasion. after that, the marriage all went to down the drain. they tried to make them a 2nd richards family, but fail. they could work on the first issues on their marriage but... i dont think it would work.

and for all the BP haters, read man without fear. it's really good

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

as for me, i really prefer having an ongoing for the two of them. at least, the stories are gonna be focused to either BP, Storm or both of them at the same time.

She's not an ongoing person in my opinion. She's a wonderful supporting actress, you should be given good scripts, and a strong ensemble. She can take the lead occasionally, or a lot, but she's still better when she has a good cast. I don't see any ideas of her as a full on lead character going well.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mega_spidey01

black panther man without fear story arc is really good ! made me a fan of the character.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

It would be a great idea, but Marvel needs to explore more into Black Panther and Storm's relationship before they have an ongoing series. It feels like Marvel just pair these two together and did nothing with their relationship. I would like to see Black Panther appear more in the X-Men books if he has a relationship with Storm so that way, we would be able to see more of their relationship.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- What would the point or direction of the book be?

- Hard for me to support any book based just off of the characters and not including the premise

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- What would the point or direction of the book be?

- Hard for me to support any book based just off of the characters and not including the premise

Oh yeah. This series would need a reason to be made, such as Black Panther and Storm are trying to protect Wakanda from the forces of evil or something like that while exploring their relationship with each other.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

She's not an ongoing person in my opinion. She's a wonderful supporting actress, you should be given good scripts, and a strong ensemble. She can take the lead occasionally, or a lot, but she's still better when she has a good cast. I don't see any ideas of her as a full on lead character going well.

But this isn't really an ongoing for her. It's like a Black Panther series but this time adding the "Storm" name so it'd be "Black Panther and Storm. or how about "Black Panther and Storm: The Fearless Couple." hehehe : )

@Rabbitearsblog said:

It would be a great idea, but Marvel needs to explore more into Black Panther and Storm's relationship before they have an ongoing series. It feels like Marvel just pair these two together and did nothing with their relationship. I would like to see Black Panther appear more in the X-Men books if he has a relationship with Storm so that way, we would be able to see more of their relationship.

Explore mroe not just their relationship but each of their history, especially Storm's part because Marvel hasn't really told us about her past much, like the life of her mother as a princess and her father too, and Storm's connection to magic.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

But this isn't really an ongoing for her. It's like a Black Panther series but this time adding the "Storm" name so it'd be "Black Panther and Storm. or how about "Black Panther and Storm: The Fearless Couple." hehehe : )

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Explore mroe not just their relationship but each of their history, especially Storm's part because Marvel hasn't really told us about her past much, like the life of her mother as a princess and her father too, and Storm's connection to magic.

Oh yeah! I definitely agree that Marvel needs to explore more about Storm's background. It just feels like even though Storm has been around for so many years, we still don't know much about her.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Wise Son said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

Blasphemy!

I'd like to see a mini with the two though. I don't think an ongoing would work.

Haha - Sorry.

I don't have any strong feelings towards him, good or bad.

Much more of a Storm fan if either.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh yeah! I definitely agree that Marvel needs to explore more about Storm's background. It just feels like even though Storm has been around for so many years, we still don't know much about her.

You are right. I pretty much don't know about her connection to magic and what kind of people with white hair are.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By butterflykyss

@jhazzroucher said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

@Rabbitearsblog said:

You are right. I pretty much don't know about her connection to magic and what kind of people with white hair are.

I like the whole idea about the two of them having their own series. A creative team that were interested in making this work could perhaps make an interesting story for the two. Make it kinda like the fantastic four, where the face a galatic threat or something from the Kree empire or skrulls. Have storm explore her magic and omega-level potential powers, or make some new range of enemies who are out to destroy Wakanda. Translate some of the issues that occur within America and make them a Wakandan thing. I mean they could fight the raping of women in the congo, mass killings of africans in sudan, and/or fight terrorism in somalia. There is so much conflict and chaos in Africa that a creative team that wanted to enough would have tons of inspiration to pull from.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @butterflykyss said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I like the whole idea about the two of them having their own series. A creative team that were interested in making this work could perhaps make an interesting story for the two. Make it kinda like the fantastic four, where the face a galatic threat or something from the Kree empire or skrulls. Have storm explore her magic and omega-level potential powers, or make some new range of enemies who are out to destroy Wakanda. Translate some of the issues that occur within America and make them a Wakandan thing. I mean they could fight the raping of women in the congo, mass killings of africans in sudan, and/or fight terrorism in somalia. There is so much conflict and chaos in Africa that a creative team that wanted to enough would have tons of inspiration to pull from.

I definitely agree with this! Part of the charm of the X-Men was that they always compared real life to the stories, so relating the tragedies that happened in Africa would be a great way to inspire this series.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Black Panther and Storm need to break up.Being a King and a street leveler already doesn't make sense.If they are going to make a husband and wife duo book I would say go with "Cage & Jessica".They are more interesting as a couple and their power levels are closer together so their team-up would make more sense...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By butterflykyss

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@butterflykyss said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

why?

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I definitely agree with this! Part of the charm of the X-Men was that they always compared real life to the stories, so relating the tragedies that happened in Africa would be a great way to inspire this series.

Indeed. Its not really a hard concept or something that Marvel isn't capable of doing, its just they don't want to. They would rather have him fight in the streets of New York which makes no sense at all to me.

@Vance Astro said:

Black Panther and Storm need to break up.Being a King and a street leveler already doesn't make sense.If they are going to make a husband and wife duo book I would say go with "Cage & Jessica".They are more interesting as a couple and their power levels are closer together so their team-up would make more sense...

No! Him being a king and street leveler isn't what doesn't make sense. what doesn't make sense is that Marvel has him fighting in America when there are pressing issues in his own home country. And breaking him and storm up won't fix this. Marvel should just stop being lazy and try to make his african story more appealing to the masses. I am telling you, if they connect to what is happening already in africa they would have a ton of material to work from.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @butterflykyss said:

No! Him being a king and street leveler isn't what doesn't make sense. what doesn't make sense is that Marvel has him fighting in America when there are pressing issues in his own home country. And breaking him and storm up won't fix this. Marvel should just stop being lazy and try to make his african story more appealing to the masses. I am telling you, if they connect to what is happening already in africa they would have a ton of material to work from.

You basically disagreed with me and then just proved my point.Thank you. 
    Black Panther and Storm breaking up will be better for both characters.Their marriage doesn't work.
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By butterflykyss

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

You basically disagreed with me and then just proved my point.Thank you. Black Panther and Storm breaking up will be better for both characters.Their marriage doesn't work.

how did i prove your point in what i stated. Storm and BP can fight the atrocities that are going on in africa and that can be the basis for a good on-going from them. Instead of having the kree or skrulls try to wipe off new york city, this on-going could have these same creatures trying to take out wakanda with bp, storm, and other supporting characters like shuri being the wakandan protectors. their marriage doesn't work because writers have not taken the time to flush it out or see it through. trying to tie everything to an american perspective is what is destroying the marriage, and writers aren't creative enough to work around this without trying to drag bp into american concerns.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#33  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

These 2 need some serious solo development first

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    These 2 need some serious solo development first
    I agree. For this ongoing series to work, there needs to be enough background information on these two to make a whole series.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @butterflykyss said:

how did i prove your point in what i stated. Storm and BP can fight the atrocities that are going on in africa and that can be the basis for a good on-going from them. Instead of having the kree or skrulls try to wipe off new york city, this on-going could have these same creatures trying to take out wakanda with bp, storm, and other supporting characters like shuri being the wakandan protectors. their marriage doesn't work because writers have not taken the time to flush it or see it through. trying to tie everything to an american perspective is what is destroying the marriage, and writers aren't creative enough to work around this without trying to drag bp into american concerns.

You're very first statement.You said him being a King and a Street Leveler ISN'T what doesn't make sense but fighting in America when he has pressing issues in his own country IS. That proves my point.What Black Panther is doing right now IS what a street leveler does but in order to do that he can't do what a King does.Also,the fact that Black Panther is in America has nothing to do with writers creativity but more so with the fact that he's doing Daredevil a favor.
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By butterflykyss

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

how did i prove your point in what i stated. Storm and BP can fight the atrocities that are going on in africa and that can be the basis for a good on-going from them. Instead of having the kree or skrulls try to wipe off new york city, this on-going could have these same creatures trying to take out wakanda with bp, storm, and other supporting characters like shuri being the wakandan protectors. their marriage doesn't work because writers have not taken the time to flush it or see it through. trying to tie everything to an american perspective is what is destroying the marriage, and writers aren't creative enough to work around this without trying to drag bp into american concerns.

You're very first statement.You said him being a King and a Street Leveler ISN'T what doesn't make sense but fighting in America when he has pressing issues in his own country IS. That proves my point.What Black Panther is doing right now IS what a street leveler does but in order to do that he can't do what a King does.Also,the fact that Black Panther is in America has nothing to do with writers creativity but more so with the fact that he's doing Daredevil a favor.

im with you now on your first point. however, why does this not making sense have anything to do with Storm's and BPs marriage. Hmmmmm I respectively disagree with the last point. I mean the only reason bp is helping daredevil is because a creative team came up with this concept. writers keep trying to make him more attractive to more readers by making him invested in american affairs which doesn't make sense. if they wanted to go that route, i would have taken the opposite approach. have DD come to wakanda and fight along side him to help galvanize a greater interest in wakanda and bp's story.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @butterflykyss said:

im with you now on your first point. however, why does this not making sense have anything to do with Storm's and BPs marriage. Hmmmmm I respectively disagree with the last point. I mean the only reason bp is helping daredevil is because a creative team came up with this concept. writers keep trying to make him more attractive to more readers by making him invested in american affairs which doesn't make sense. if they wanted to go that route, i would have taken the opposite approach. have DD come to wakanda and fight along side him to help galvanize a greater interest in wakanda and bp's story.

Marvel has to find ways for his character to work and she has obligations to things outside of Wakanda like her two teams for instance so that will keep them apart.Their character styles are too different for this marriage to work and with them both still getting the amount of spotlight and development they deserve.The reason that Black Panther is helping because Daredevil is his friend.They have history together.Black Panther has worn the Daredevil costume before,when Daredevil can't hold down Hell's Kitchen..someone has to take his post.That's why in Civil War when he was in jail, Iron Fist was Daredevil.DD wouldn't have any reason to come to Wakanda.He wasn't Daredevil at all when Black Panther came to Hell's Kitchen he was just Matt Murdock.He had given up his mantle after Shadowland.
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

Marvel has to find ways for his character to work and she has obligations to things outside of Wakanda like her two teams for instance so that will keep them apart.Their character styles are too different for this marriage to work and with them both still getting the amount of spotlight and development they deserve.The reason that Black Panther is helping because Daredevil is his friend.They have history together.Black Panther has worn the Daredevil costume before,when Daredevil can't hold down Hell's Kitchen..someone has to take his post.That's why in Civil War when he was in jail, Iron Fist was Daredevil.DD wouldn't have any reason to come to Wakanda.He wasn't Daredevil at all when Black Panther came to Hell's Kitchen he was just Matt Murdock.He had given up his mantle after Shadowland.

Maybe they could redo the marriage story.

Just imagining about a Black Panther movie that will show what happened to young Ororo and young BP when they were at the forest just feels so not right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.